Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by texdoc
I don't trust it since it has always read 60 days. But I wondered if something had changed.

I accepted and was diamond status at about the 24 hour mark.
To further confuse matters...two days after receiving the email telling me to complete the challenge in 60 days, I get this email from Hyatt (not a phone rep)..I presume its what you were referring to as well?

To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more.

Start enjoying the benefits of Diamond membership. We look forward to welcoming you at more than 500 Hyatt hotels around the world, including our Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Zilara™ and Hyatt Ziva™ locations.

Warm regards,

Jeff Zidell
Senior Vice President
Hyatt Gold Passport

It would be great if someone from Hyatt could simply confirm for us...
Old May 22, 2014, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by us1549
oh man, I'm in a jam. the majority of my business travel in June has been postponed, leaving me eight nights short of the 12 I need to complete the trial.

Is there any way I can find the cheapest Hyatt in the US? The cheapest I was able to find was $67/night in Chandler, AZ...curious if there are any cheaper ones? airfare is no obstacle.
If you are truly searching nationwide, I would look for a full service property that has a club that is closed on the weekends. Thus you will get 2500 bonus points. I believe there are some metro DC and metro Chicago regency properties that are in the low $60s on the weekends, though I haven't checked rates.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by pickles1107
If you are truly searching nationwide, I would look for a full service property that has a club that is closed on the weekends. Thus you will get 2500 bonus points. I believe there are some metro DC and metro Chicago regency properties that are in the low $60s on the weekends, though I haven't checked rates.
I have not thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. Will report back on what I find.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is this still going on? The Hyatt PDF says 'end of Apr' whereas from what I read here is that its still valid.

Am currently in UK where the choice of properties is in Birmingham and London. Except that the latter two properties cost over £250 a night!

Thank you.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
One of my reservations in the challenge have been manually changed from 3 paid nights, to "Stay 3 Pay 2". It´s good customer service that they want to save me money, but will I then loose one night in the challenge? All my bookings are through hyatt.com
Old May 23, 2014, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
One of my reservations in the challenge have been manually changed from 3 paid nights, to "Stay 3 Pay 2". It´s good customer service that they want to save me money, but will I then loose one night in the challenge? All my bookings are through hyatt.com
You should still get credit for the 3 nights.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Emailed Hyatt Gold Passport 2 days ago and received a confirmation email with my challenge (ending on 21-Jul-2014) about 10 hrs later. The thing is, I only sent in the screenshot of my upcoming stay in Hilton Singapore (on a prepaid rate which I am going to stay anyway) and the agent approved my application for a Diamond challenge.

The content of the email I received was pretty much similar to what has been posted in this thread:
Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points.

and a follow up email from Gold Passport 24 hrs later:
I request you to please allow 24 hours for the status to reflect the Diamond Tier. Your Diamond Trial offer ends on Monday, 21 July 2014. After enrollment into the trial offer, the Suite Upgrade awards will be added within 7-10 days.

Logged in to my account and the Diamond status is reflected there, together with the 4 Suite Upgrade Awards!

Made a booking for Park Hyatt Tokyo for an upcoming stay in early June and used one of the Suite Upgrade Award to upgrade the booking from Park Deluxe Twin to Park Suite Twin.

So far, I am a happy customer and I should be fulfilling the Challenge with planned stays in Grand Hyatt Bali and perhaps another 2 stays in Shanghai and either Singapore/Hong Kong.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Outdated Wiki

The Wiki hasn't been updated with details of the current offer. Do you still reference DMD14? Everything else the same?
Old May 24, 2014, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Explore
The Wiki hasn't been updated with details of the current offer. Do you still reference DMD14? Everything else the same?
just send an email to [email protected] with the required stuff and they'll set you up for the challenge.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
Emailed Hyatt Gold Passport 2 days ago and received a confirmation email with my challenge (ending on 21-Jul-2014) about 10 hrs later. The thing is, I only sent in the screenshot of my upcoming stay in Hilton Singapore (on a prepaid rate which I am going to stay anyway) and the agent approved my application for a Diamond challenge.
I guess there is some inconsitancy with the agents. They wouldn't approved my wife with a screen shot of my wife's account showing an upcoming stay.
Old May 24, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Is Hyatt Status Match worth it if...

I'm going to Japan for 10 days, staying in all Hyatt properties on points in Kyoto and Tokyo (PH and Regency)... wife and son.

I have Hilton status via card but no stays. I can stay at a hotel here in town for $129/night to get the stay needed.

I think it's worth it for the Diamond benefits, but... can anyone tell me for sure?
Old May 24, 2014, 4:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a free offer... So yes, it's worth it for the free breakfasts alone.
Although it's not quite intended for people staying on points.
Old May 25, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: Priority club
Smile New to Diamond Status Match

Hi

Sorry for the newbie questions!

I'm after some advice on my best options to gain points and upgrade benefits on existing 2 x 14 day bookings I've made at the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh resort in Egypt in June?

My wife and I have booked 2 x rooms via Expedia on a great B&B rate of stay 7 get 1 free, firstly will I be able to gain gold passport points on both bookings?

Secondly I wrote to Hyatt who status matched both mine and my wife's IHG platinum priority club to allow upgrade on our gold passports to 60 day Diamond status, this was accepted yesterday and has yet to show on my account page.

I noticed that one of the benefits of this is suite upgrade certificates but as I only received diamond status yesterday am I entitled under my Expedia booking to any upgrade to our current sea view king rooms?

Would I be better cancelling the Expedia booking and rebooking via Hyatt direct?

Which rate would I have to book to gain this upgrade as I understand as a diamond member I may also be able to gain a 20% rate saving on published rate, is this available on all rates shown or particular one as there rates vary from $76 to $109 for standard daily rate?

As we are staying for 14 days would we be able to stay in upgraded room for the duration or would we have to move rooms midway?

Also if I did rebook would I be best to book each room under my wife and my individual hyatt cards to ensure 2 suite upgrades?

Sorry for the questions, we're taking our daughter and son and law & baby on their honeymoon and want them to get the best upgrade possible to make there stay as memorable as possible so was hoping at least upgrade for them at least.

Thanks in advance A
Old May 25, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Wow...you must be directly after me in the alphabetical list of Flyertalk members.

Originally Posted by Hailsy
My wife and I have booked 2 x rooms via Expedia on a great B&B rate of stay 7 get 1 free, firstly will I be able to gain gold passport points on both bookings?
No. You only get GP points on bookings done direct with Hyatt.

I noticed that one of the benefits of this is suite upgrade certificates but as I only received diamond status yesterday am I entitled under my Expedia booking to any upgrade to our current sea view king rooms?
No. You can only use suite upgrades on paid bookings done through Hyatt.

Would I be better cancelling the Expedia booking and rebooking via Hyatt direct?
That's up to you. If earning points and using suite upgrades are important to you, then the answer is probably yes.

Which rate would I have to book to gain this upgrade as I understand as a diamond member I may also be able to gain a 20% rate saving on published rate, is this available on all rates shown or particular one as there rates vary from $76 to $109 for standard daily rate?
When available,the My Elite Rate is 20% of the Hyatt Daily Rate of a standard room. If it is available, you should be able to see it when you are logged into the account with Diamond status.

Note that, if you are looking at an entire week (or two weeks) total, if the rate is not available for even a single one of those nights, then the rate will not show up for the entire reservation. So the cheapest rate possible might involve you stringing several different reservations together (e.g. three nights at My Elite Rate, one night at Hyatt Daily Rate, then another three nights at My Elite Rate)

It is possible to combine several concurrent reservations and use a single Diamond Suite Upgrade to cover them all, for a maximum of seven nights per suite upgrade certificate.

If you are interested, I have a tool on my site that somewhat simplifies the process of searching all possible date combinations for a give range of dates:

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/all-hya...-range-search/

As we are staying for 14 days would we be able to stay in upgraded room for the duration or would we have to move rooms midway?
That depends entirely upon availability of the hotel for the time of the stay. A suite upgrade can only be used if the base level suite is available for booking.

Also if I did rebook would I be best to book each room under my wife and my individual hyatt cards to ensure 2 suite upgrades?
I do not understand this question. Are you and your wife both Diamond members? The reservations should be made under the name of the person with Diamond status.

Sorry for the questions, we're taking our daughter and son and law & baby on their honeymoon and want them to get the best upgrade possible to make there stay as memorable as possible so was hoping at least upgrade for them at least.
At a minimum, the Diamond member must be a registered guest of the room in order to use Diamond privileges like suite upgrades. If you are making this reservation for somebody else, and you will not be attending, then they will not be able to use suite upgrades, and they will not receive Diamond benefits.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: Priority club
Hi Hailstorm, thanks for your quick reply and excellent answers.

Could I check one thing, the 4 suite upgrades, can they only be used to upgrade from a suite booking to a further level or from a standard king room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.