Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 7:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's all about how a property codes the rates (and promotions) they are using. In general in a promotion where there is a free night, these nights don't count. But in some promotions and with some properties they might....
Old May 29, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Thanks! My bill currently shows the full price, but the website claims that I will be receiving a discount during the check-out process. If indeed they'll only count 3 out of the 5 nights, which nights would they count. The first three nights or the last 3 nights?
Old May 29, 2014, 8:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In my experience it's normally the last night that is deducted as being free... but when not on the fringes of a promotional period it normally doesn't matter.

And I assume that the property has coded the rates that they are identical for all nights?
Old May 29, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
In my experience it's normally the last night that is deducted as being free... but when not on the fringes of a promotional period it normally doesn't matter.

And I assume that the property has coded the rates that they are identical for all nights?
Yes- that seems to be the case.

Even more strange is that the property wants to charge taxes on the free nights according to the HGP rep!
Old May 30, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
It's been well documented that you need an actual Hilton stay (with Gold status) to get the status match. I posted my experience a month ago, including an email from Hyatt spelling out the requirements. Of course, YMMV.

It's also well documented in the GHK review thread that upgrades (even for Diamonds) are very rare, given the popularity of the resort (that's where the great reputation works against you). Also, seemingly everyone in Hawaii (at every hotel I've stayed at) is on their honeymoon., so I wouldn't count on that for anything.

Seems like a waste of a Diamond challenge to me (...assuming no upgrade, you will be getting regency club access for 5 days, and presumably some of your points back if you re-book to a standard room); but to each their own. I will be at the GHK for 7 nights next month, and am looking forward to a great stay, and completing the challenge.

Any start date in June will give you status through the end of Aug (be it 6/2 or 6/30); so the actual date is less important if you don't plan to complete the challenge.
I do have the actual Hilton stay booked. Yes, you make a good point about everyone at the GHK being on their honeymoon in the middle of summer. Regency club access will probably be sufficient, and it is highly unlikely we'd actually be able to complete the challenge. Thanks for the input--I think I'll leave it be for now.

Can I get status matched to Platinum without a challenge? Thinking about getting the Hyatt card, but since I can transfer from my CSP to GP, I'd rather wait until I know I have a trip upcoming where I can take full advantage of the 2 free nights. I don't have anything currently planned in the next 12 months warranting that.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:13 pm

OK - So I tried the Diamond Trial earlier in the year - and due to some unavoidable circumstances, I was unable to meet the 60 day 12 nights stay and missed it by a 4 nights... Now, I have firm plans for over 15 nights coming up in the next month or so - I understand that I can only get the Trial once in a lifetime - Any ideas/suggestions on how I can get another trial? Please PM if you have ideas...Thanks and very much appreciated.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jetsetter71
OK - So I tried the Diamond Trial earlier in the year - and due to some unavoidable circumstances, I was unable to meet the 60 day 12 nights stay and missed it by a 4 nights... Now, I have firm plans for over 15 nights coming up in the next month or so - I understand that I can only get the Trial once in a lifetime - Any ideas/suggestions on how I can get another trial? Please PM if you have ideas...Thanks and very much appreciated.
It's not once in a lifetime. I did it in 2008, and am in the process of completing it again now (and when I "applied", I acknowledged that I had completed one in the past and asked whether I was eligible).

That said, I'm not sure how much time needs to pass between trials. Probably worth a simple phone call to HGP (although I'd check with at least 2 agents, given their tendency to give misinformation).
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I requested a Diamond trial and received an email saying I was now enrolled. However, when I log in on Hyatt.com, my status still shows as Gold Member. Is this normal?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I requested a Diamond trial and received an email saying I was now enrolled. However, when I log in on Hyatt.com, my status still shows as Gold Member. Is this normal?
It's normal. Just be patient and give it a day or two to update online.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:36 am

So I sent an e-mail to see if my wife would qualify for the challange with her Hilton Gold and a 1 night stay. I didn't ask to get enrolled, I didn't provide them my wife's Gold passport# and I sent the request from my e-mail address.

Next thing I know my wife has been upgrade to Diamond!

The bad thing is I wasn't ready to pull the trigger just yet as I need 3 more days to cover my last stay in early August to get the 12 nights.

I just wanted them to confirm if she qualified or not so that I could book some non-refundable bookings.

Not happy about this at the moment and hope that Hyatt makes this right!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:58 am

Just to clarify what I've read. You must stay 12 nights. Consecutive nights at same hotel count as one night/stay, correct? Could I book three separate reservations for same hotel so they count as three nights? Like book Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at same hotel but three each individual nights?

I apologize if I am not explaining this very well. I just want to make sure that I complete the challenge correctly.

Thank you.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Consecutive nights at same hotel count as one night/stay, correct?
Thank you.
No. The challenge is based on number of nights. A 3 night booking at one hotel counts as 3 nights towards the challenge
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
No. The challenge is based on number of nights. A 3 night booking at one hotel counts as 3 nights towards the challenge
Thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate it!

Have a great Sunday. :-)
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Hi all, try to search a few combo words but didn't come up..

Is it possible to book for others(friends or family) and have the nts count for our challenge?

I will be able to complete 6 of the 12, the other 6 will be tough. can't find cheap rates in the IAH area.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Only if you cheat... And even then unlickely that it will work, but it might sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.