Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Welcome to FlyerTalk spyw!

Status is determined by stays/nights stayed in a calendar year. So your 2014 stays will have nothing to do with what your status will be in 2016.
Hi there,
I just stumbled on this thread and could use some help. I'm trying to book a quick trip to Honolulu this Sunday 5/11 and was thinking about staying at one of the Hyatt properties. I have Hilton Gold and IHG Platinum Elite status. How can I get status match ASAP for my 5 night stay? Thanks a ton
Old May 9, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by uzzet
Hi there,
I just stumbled on this thread and could use some help. I'm trying to book a quick trip to Honolulu this Sunday 5/11 and was thinking about staying at one of the Hyatt properties. I have Hilton Gold and IHG Platinum Elite status. How can I get status match ASAP for my 5 night stay? Thanks a ton
start by reading the wiki page at the top of the thread
Old May 9, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uzzet
Hi there,
You're going to have to hurry. Do the following:

1. Get and fill out this form: http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...ation-form.pdf
(make sure you click the box saying that you want Diamond status)

2. Scan a copy of your Hilton statement (assuming you have at least one stay this year, which you need to qualify for the trial)

3. Mail both to [email protected] and state that you want to start a Diamond Trial as quickly as possible.

4. When you are accepted, forward the mail to the hotel you're staying at and mention that you have Diamond status, as it may not reflect in their system before you get there.

Hope it works out for you!
Old May 10, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
How long does it take to get the status updated on the account? It is more than 12 hours since I got email about successful enrollment but my account still shows Gold Passport.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
For me...it was about roughly 20 hours after i received the email from HGP. So..be patient.
Old May 10, 2014, 3:47 am

Would qualifying nights earned via spend on my Chase Hyatt credit card count towards the 12 night requirement for the Diamond Challange?
Old May 10, 2014, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Arbitrage650
Would qualifying nights earned via spend on my Chase Hyatt credit card count towards the 12 night requirement for the Diamond Challange?
No. They only count towards the regular Diamond qualificaton.
Old May 10, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gummibar
For me...it was about roughly 20 hours after i received the email from HGP. So..be patient.
I am glad I looked here as I just got the e-mail enrolling me earlier this morning and didn't understand why it wasn't reflected on my sign-in.

On a side note, I have only stayed at a Hyatt once the last 10 years so as a Hilton Diamond that has stuck pretty much exclusively with Hilton properties this will be an interesting experience. This is the list of hotels I will be staying at during the 60 days

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbour
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
HyattHouse Richmond West
Hyatt Regency Lexington
Hyatt Fairfax Fair Oaks
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

I have a four night stay in Manhattan Fourth of July weekend where I could be testing out Hyatt but I have just gotten too used to the Conrad
Old May 10, 2014, 11:11 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Miesque
I am glad I looked here as I just got the e-mail enrolling me earlier this morning and didn't understand why it wasn't reflected on my sign-in.

On a side note, I have only stayed at a Hyatt once the last 10 years so as a Hilton Diamond that has stuck pretty much exclusively with Hilton properties this will be an interesting experience. This is the list of hotels I will be staying at during the 60 days

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbour
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
HyattHouse Richmond West
Hyatt Regency Lexington
Hyatt Fairfax Fair Oaks
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

I have a four night stay in Manhattan Fourth of July weekend where I could be testing out Hyatt but I have just gotten too used to the Conrad
Your list of properties that you'll be staying at is pretty mediocre. For Manhattan, don't know if you're paying for Conrad with points or it's a revenue stay but if it's revenue, I would suggest that you try out the Andaz 5th Ave especially using a Diamond Suite Upgrade which would put you in a Splash Suite with free breakfast as Diamond - we were there for 5 nights last week and the room/suite was one of the best we've stayed in. The Patk Hyatt might even be open by then.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:26 pm

Was curious how the 1000 bonus point per night were posting for people? I just completed the first stay (4 nights) during my trial and it looks like a bonus of only 1000 points posted and not the 4000 as expected. Could the additional points post later?
Old May 10, 2014, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Gunner14
Was curious how the 1000 bonus point per night were posting for people? I just completed the first stay (4 nights) during my trial and it looks like a bonus of only 1000 points posted and not the 4000 as expected. Could the additional points post later?
My understanding is that it's just a one-time bonus of 1k pts for 1 night only.
Old May 10, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My understanding is that it's just a one-time bonus of 1k pts for 1 night only.
I'm talking about the trial bonus points not the 1000 point welcome amenity. See the below excerpt from the wiki:

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned.
Old May 10, 2014, 3:45 pm

Disregard, points posted.
Old May 11, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Your list of properties that you'll be staying at is pretty mediocre. For Manhattan, don't know if you're paying for Conrad with points or it's a revenue stay but if it's revenue, I would suggest that you try out the Andaz 5th Ave especially using a Diamond Suite Upgrade which would put you in a Splash Suite with free breakfast as Diamond - we were there for 5 nights last week and the room/suite was one of the best we've stayed in. The Patk Hyatt might even be open by then.
Thank you very much for the Andaz Fifth Ave recommendation and I will keep it in mind for future stays (along with the Park Hyatt which will not be open in time for this trip). Unfortunately, while the stay in question at the Conrad is indeed a revenue stay, its a personal stay and there is a material price difference between that Andaz and the Conrad and since I know the later really fits me (its become my home away from home when in NYC).
Old May 11, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Members who enrolled after May 1 and complete the challenge get Diamond status until Feb. 28, 2016.

Am I missing something or is there absolutely no benefit in spending more than the required 12 nights at Hyatt properties in 2014? (e.g. completing 50 nights in 2014 wouldn´t earn me any additional points, upgrade certs or status extension). Not complaining, but it would seem as if it actually makes sense to delay most stays until 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.