Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I think the latest update in a confusing series of events is that M-Life stays do not count toward the Hyatt Diamond Challenge:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ge-m-life.html
That has always been the case albeit in the first few weeks of the programs coming together when GP staff provided some of us the wrong information
Old May 13, 2014, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Awards and reservations made through a third party (particularly if payment is made to the thrid party) are not eligible stays.
As I thought. So no OTAs, etc and bookings strictly via Hyatt only. Thank you.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I have been reading through the last ten pages of the thread and did some searches. The new promo's T&C didn't specifically say that MGM Resort stays booked through Hyatt.com would be excluded from the trial. I sent an email to the Hyatt helpline for more information.

While I understand that people can easily book a cheap room at the Excalibur, you can also spend $$$ at Aria. I don't think excluding these hotels make sense when there may be some Hyatt Place that is just as inexpensive.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by peteropny
Breakfast is not an extra, it's a standard Diamond perk ($75.00 is the standard at Andaz5th).
Gotcha ...thanks... was a nice perk
Old May 14, 2014, 8:13 am

Since I am in Europe and Hyatt's here are quite more expensive.. I am thinking of the following scenario.

Book a property in the US, contact the hotel and add a friend of mine as the second guest, then tell the hotel my friend will check in before me and I will arrive later. Unfortunately my trip to the hotel will be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. I will contact the hotel again to have the room covered with the CC provided on the hyatt.com booking.

Does this seem feasible?
Old May 14, 2014, 8:22 am

Feasible? Maybe. Unethical and against the terms of the program? Definitely.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Gunner14
Feasible? Maybe. Unethical and against the terms of the program? Definitely.
Unethical to pay the rate (as any other) for 12 nights? Please, check your ethics.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Unethical to pay the rate (as any other) for 12 nights? Please, check your ethics.
You don't think it's unethical to break the rules of the trial in order to personally gain from it? Paying the rate is only part of the equation.

Emphasis mine:

"To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:05 am

Is there anyway to book some nights with cash and the rest with points/free nights and have a suite upgrade apply for the whole stay?

Last edited by amichaud; May 19, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Old May 14, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Gunner14
Emphasis mine:

"To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment.
It doesn't say the member has to be physically in the room. The member's credit card is charged, hotel gets paid. I don't think it matters who made the sheets dirty.

Nevermind.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mlqsko
It doesn't say the member has to be physically in the room. The member's credit card is charged, hotel gets paid. I don't think it matters who made the sheets dirty.
Yes it does... exactly the same as with nearly all other airlines and hotel programs. It's just that you want it to read differently. To get stay credit or Diamond privileges you simply have to present yourself to the hotel, and you don't do that by just providing your credit card.

Amazing that even such a generous offer as the Diamond challenge can get to be something that is so open to abuse. If you cannot even make the 12 nights in two months you really aren't entitled to sustain your Diamond status. And I'm sure you realize that as well.... Like with so many other things, you might get away with it. But please don't come here for advice in ways to cheat or crying when it doesn't work.

Last edited by RTW1; May 14, 2014 at 10:35 am
Old May 14, 2014, 10:33 am

Thank you for the ethical lesson. One of the great perks of FT.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We all like to get a deal and maximize our perks.... but strange at it might sound, some do draw the line at cheating. Don't make that our problem...
Old May 14, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by amichaud
I am planning a trip to Maui for end of August. I'm trying to decide how to book our stay. I'm considering doing the challenge for this trip but not sure how to go about it. If I have the diamond status from the challenge will I get a room upgrade for sure? We don't need a suite but would be nice to have a good view room. I have free nights and points that I would like to use for the trip so if my diamond status will get me a better room anyway I will stay with using those since I have to at least book points+cash to use the suite upgrades.

Also, is there anyway to book one night with cash and the rest with points/free nights and have the suite upgrade apply for the whole stay?

Thanks for the help!
For August, the upgrade situation in Hawaii will not be great. Even a partial ocean view may be hard to get depending on when you're going in August. If you want an upgrade and the entry level suite is available I would definitely book C&P for the entire stay and use a suite upgrade.

Some hotels will let you stay in a suite for the entire stay if you are combining cash nights (+suite upgrade) with award nights, but they will almost never pre-block you into it so it's very likely the entry suites will be full and you'll either have to move rooms or accept a lower category room from the beginning (especially with just one night pre-confirmed into a suite).

Hyatts are normally very good with upgrades, but Hawaii in August is tough so just want to set your expectations accordingly.
Old May 14, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Angry

Originally Posted by spgplat21
For August, the upgrade situation in Hawaii will not be great. Even a partial ocean view may be hard to get depending on when you're going in August. If you want an upgrade and the entry level suite is available I would definitely book C&P for the entire stay and use a suite upgrade.

Some hotels will let you stay in a suite for the entire stay if you are combining cash nights (+suite upgrade) with award nights, but they will almost never pre-block you into it so it's very likely the entry suites will be full and you'll either have to move rooms or accept a lower category room from the beginning (especially with just one night pre-confirmed into a suite).

Hyatts are normally very good with upgrades, but Hawaii in August is tough so just want to set your expectations accordingly.
I face similar situation with stay in Hawaii planned for August. The base level suite is available now for my dates and can be upgraded using Diamond certificate combined and c+p rate. The issue is that I plan to get my diamond status through challenge but I do not want to start my challenge now. I plan to do it after June so my Jul and Aug stay will count as my challenge nights. Could not find a way to secure the suite now before becoming a diamond

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.