Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Can an ex-diamond apply for the challenge? I will be making at least 12 nights of stays in August this year and would like to give it a go to fast-track back to diamond.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pogonation
Can an ex-diamond apply for the challenge? I will be making at least 12 nights of stays in August this year and would like to give it a go to fast-track back to diamond.
+1
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
How long ago where you a diamond?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I don't think that there's any requirement to have never been a Diamond in the past, only that you can make the challenge only once per account. If you made it before without using the challenge, then I assume that you could still do so now.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't think that there's any requirement to have never been a Diamond in the past, only that you can make the challenge only once per account. If you made it before without using the challenge, then I assume that you could still do so now.
Great, hope this is the case! Devastar I was diamond until Feb 2012 then dropped to plat and now a nothing . I'm hoping if I get the diamond challenge in August it will also carry on till 2015 too.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
finish my challenge after 15 nights in hyatt but only got two stays. It seems that i need to have 23 stays or 35 nights to maintain diamond. I should not stay in a hotel so long.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
finish my challenge after 15 nights in hyatt but only got two stays. It seems that i need to have 23 stays or 35 nights to maintain diamond. I should not stay in a hotel so long.
I think it has been discussed before, it is not sure when the changeover is being done, estimates are around June/July. If you complete the challenge now, you status will be valid until FEB 14.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
2/2014 - changeover date is sometime in August / September time frame.
I read somewhere that May 31 is the critical date.

Stated differently, diamond earned from status after that date goes for additional months that same year plus all 12 for the following year.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:04 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Hi All,

I am Starwood Platinum (and Lifetime Gold).

Am also Marriott Lifetime Platinum.

What is the easiest way to get Hyatt Diamond match?

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:07 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by travelexpert
I read somewhere that May 31 is the critical date.

Stated differently, diamond earned from status after that date goes for additional months that same year plus all 12 for the following year.
It's definitely not May 31 - like I posted earlier it's August / September
Old Apr 9, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
It's definitely not May 31 - like I posted earlier it's August / September
I was actually under the impression that May 31 was the "cut off" too. Well, in other words, if you start your Diamond Trial on June 1 you are getting the MAXIMUM amount of time as a Diamond, should you complete the trial successfully. You get June and July as a Trial Diamond, then you get the rest of 2013 AND 2014 as a Diamond if you are successful.

It was a response to one of my emails to Hyatt Gold Passport that made me see it this way:

"Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, the present Diamond Trial offer will expire on May 31,
2013. We have not been informed if a new Diamond Trial offer will be
available after that date."
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I want to apply for the Hyatt visa soon but would also like to maximize the status match period - tough call as a mid-May match that is completed in July might not take me into 2015. I guess we can wait to see if the Diamond Trial will continue after May 31.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Last year, this person got a trial offer through 2014 on June 19

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18784379-post375.html
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: CP USAIR
Does anyone know if you have to book your stays through hyatt, for the stays to qualify for the challenge or can you book them through third parties, expedia/Travel republic etc?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by UWN431H
Does anyone know if you have to book your stays through hyatt, for the stays to qualify for the challenge or can you book them through third parties, expedia/Travel republic etc?
They must be booked through Hyatt. Third party websites do not even class as a stay as far as I am aware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.