Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mrredskin
i thought you did get stay/night credit if 3rd party wasn't special discounted rate. but, for purposes of the challenge, it's not a risk i was wanting to take without asking.
No you don't unless by mistake.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:48 pm

I am staying 12+ nights with Hyatt from August 7th-October 7th. However, unfortunately I do not have any tier status. Anything last minute I could do in order to prove higher tier status? I know Hilton had an easy thing going to prove Gold status, but that expired in May.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise, I may just have to try next year!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by jennbar
I am staying 12+ nights with Hyatt from August 7th-October 7th. However, unfortunately I do not have any tier status. Anything last minute I could do in order to prove higher tier status? I know Hilton had an easy thing going to prove Gold status, but that expired in May.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise, I may just have to try next year!
Citi Hilton reserve or Amex Surpass. You would need to apply today. Both offer Gold Status and it posts very fast.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
Citi Hilton reserve or Amex Surpass. You would need to apply today. Both offer Gold Status and it posts very fast.
Do I need to prove a one night stay or can I simply print-screen when I sign into HH and it shows gold status?

Also, I know that it would continue for the rest of this year and all of next year. In order to maintain it, is it the same 25/50 requirements?!

Last edited by jennbar; Aug 3, 2013 at 6:58 pm
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by mrredskin
i thought you did get stay/night credit if 3rd party wasn't special discounted rate. but, for purposes of the challenge, it's not a risk i was wanting to take without asking.
Even if the amount you are paying isn't discounted, the amount the hotel is getting likely is.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jennbar
Do I need to prove a one night stay or can I simply print-screen when I sign into HH and it shows gold status?

Also, I know that it would continue for the rest of this year and all of next year. In order to maintain it, is it the same 25/50 requirements?!
When I reviewed terms and conditions, you need to provide evidence of status and proof of one night stay. Whether you can get an exception to practice, that would be up to GP.

I'm currently on a challenge and shall be completing 26 nights during the trial period. Successful completion will allow me keep Diamond Status until Feb 28 2015. To re qualify and keep status until Feb 28 2016, I will need to qualify 25/50 2014 calendar year. This was explained to me by Gold Passport. Nice thing being the latter part of the year beginning the challenge, I'm able to have all of next year to re qualify. I read the offer sent to me to be after June 1,2013. Originally I was under the impression the challenge needed to begin after July 1,2013

Edit: initially I was offered Diamond status til Feb 2014. I explained I can't possible requalify balance of the year staying 50 nights and they switched me the offer til 2015 status. I was surprised that GP had 2 different offers going as I had not read about this on Flyer Talk. Be sure to get GP to qualify you til Feb 2015 before beginning the challenge.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Aug 3, 2013 at 11:47 pm
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
When I reviewed terms and conditions, you need to provide evidence of status and proof of one night stay. Whether you can get an exception to practice, that would be up to GP.

I'm currently on a challenge and shall be completing 26 nights during the trial period. Successful completion will allow me keep Diamond Status until Feb 28 2015. To re qualify and keep status until Feb 28 2016, I will need to qualify 25/50 2014 calendar year. This was explained to me by Gold Passport. Nice thing being the latter part of the year beginning the challenge, I'm able to have all of next year to re qualify. I read the offer sent to me to be after June 1,2013. Originally I was under the impression the challenge needed to begin after July 1,2013

Edit: initially I was offered Diamond status til Feb 2014. I explained I can't possible requalify balance of the year staying 50 nights and they switched me the offer til 2015 status. I was surprised that GP had 2 different offers going as I had not read about this on Flyer Talk. Be sure to get GP to qualify you til Feb 2015 before beginning the challenge.
I am under the same idea as far as having at least one stay showing. Oh well, I guess I will have to give it a go another time!

Thanks all!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 4:48 pm

How far in advance should you request a challenge? I will have several hyatt night coming up with the first night being August 29 (Thursday). When should I send my screenshot and request to hyatt?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
How far in advance should you request a challenge? I will have several hyatt night coming up with the first night being August 29 (Thursday). When should I send my screenshot and request to hyatt?
I requested the day before a stay and they turned it around in about 24 hours. I would say allow closer to 2-3 days before checkin to be safe.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I requested the day before a stay and they turned it around in about 24 hours. I would say allow closer to 2-3 days before checkin to be safe.
Were your suite upgrade certificates immediately available?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:32 pm

Were your suite upgrade certificates immediately available?
In my case the suite upgrade certs were available in about 24 hrs
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I was nervous going thru the process and there was a few curveballs. Plus Gold Passport doesn't work weekends and their hours are Monday to Friday 9-5 it seems.

I faxed in and initial calls to confirm fax receipt was unsuccessful. I talked to several supervisors and finally had a manager confirm the Diamond challenge. I received no documentation about the Diamond Challenge prior so I spent some time going over the important features. After being signed up, several days later I received a Diamond Challenge welcome with Terms and Conditions. This is an important document to review.

I would give it week at least. I would ensure the important reservations are made prior to sign up. If using suite upgrades on high demand hotels. It makes it extremely difficult but not impossible.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:36 pm

So, do MGM stays count towards Diamond Challenge or not?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by farwest101
So, do MGM stays count towards Diamond Challenge or not?
Yes. Deep discussion up thread IIRC. Stated in T & C that MGM counts.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Yes. Deep discussion up thread IIRC. Stated in T & C that MGM counts.
Sadly this is incorrect, it has been stated very clearly now directly by Hyatt that no, MGM stays do not count for the Diamond Trial.

Whilst there was some confusion with this initially, and incorrect information shared, the door has been firmly closed on this.

Some of us were lucky enough to receive confirmation from Hyatt staff prior to the shut out and out stays were looked at on a case by case basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.