Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by WanderLuster
Will stays at M Life properties count towards the challenge?

I apologize if this is a newbie question. I've got four nights at M Life properties in September --- maybe I can use them as a jumping off point for the Hyatt challenge.
There was a report in the forum that M Life stay counts. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ge-m-life.html
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
I just got a second diamond challenge (after falling back to Platinum) from my original diamond challenge 2 years ago. Just like any status match, the key is to show past and future stays with other brands that have significant value. Lets say, 6 nights at the Conrad Maldives in peak season worth $15,000. GP weren't to know that this was a actually 200,000 HH points stay I made before the devaluation, since all they could see was the property and duration in the screen dump I forwarded. The prospect of my moving this reservation to the Park Hyatt Maldives clearly swayed their opinion, although I have no intention of changing it over!

Better still, I get another 4 suite upgrades this year on top of the 4 earlier this year which were well used at the end of February.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but your 2nd Diamond Challenge most likely has nothing to do with your Conrad Maldives stay booking.

Although Diamond Challenges were usually once-in-a-lifetime, they seemingly let everyone start with a clean sheet after the June 30 switchover to the "new" challenges and have been issuing challenges to people who have previously tried them.

And the only criteria for the Diamond Challenge is the necessary tier status, with at least one stay recorded and showing on the online screenshot (and doesn't matter at all whether it's a Garden Inn, Conrad or the Waldorf).
Old Jul 18, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Although Diamond Challenges were usually once-in-a-lifetime, they seemingly let everyone start with a clean sheet after the June 30 switchover to the "new" challenges and have been issuing challenges to people who have previously tried them.
I failed my first Diamond Challenge last October. Are you saying if I request one now, I'll be offered the challenge?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Achilles
I failed my first Diamond Challenge last October. Are you saying if I request one now, I'll be offered the challenge?
That is my understanding, and corrobated by a number of people on a different forum that I frequent. The pre-June 2013 challenges are disregarded for the purposes of post-June 2013 challenges.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:57 pm

I was told that you can do a new trial once a new trial starts. Such as Hyatt Diamond Trial 2012 / then 2013 (current) - cut off June 1st.

It used to be once a life time but I guess not anymore.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by nowstime
I was told that you can do a new trial once a new trial starts. Such as Hyatt Diamond Trial 2012 / then 2013 (current) - cut off June 1st.

It used to be once a life time but I guess not anymore.
I just met a Diamond challenge, but will likely lose it at the end of the year (10 stays = easy, 25 stays = hard for me). I asked whether I could re-challenge next year, and they confirmed I could.

See below.

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Regarding your inquiry, you may re-enroll into the new Diamond Trial Offer promotion once your current Diamond status expires. Please note, although you may enroll into more than one Diamond Trial, you are not able to participate in the Diamond Trial Offer twice during the same promotional period.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.

Sincerely,
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:31 am

A question for recent status matchers. How long does the trial Diamond status last in your account? Although it is 60 days for accruing eligible stays the status used to last until the end of that month after 60 days. Is it still true? For example, if I ask for a status challenge today, will I have Diamond status until the end of Sep or is it only until today+60 days?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:45 pm

End of the month containing the 60th day. Although anecdotally, it seems to take even more time after that for the status to drop down.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stargold
End of the month containing the 60th day. Although anecdotally, it seems to take even more time after that for the status to drop down.
Yep, I applied and was approved starting June 5 and my Diamond membership was showing an expiration of August 31, 2013.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:33 am

Will Accor Platinum status make me eligible for the Hyatt diamond challenge? Or, instead of asking here, should I just try it and see what Hyatt says?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by retsamhgiht
I just met a Diamond challenge, but will likely lose it at the end of the year (10 stays = easy, 25 stays = hard for me). I asked whether I could re-challenge next year, and they confirmed I could.

See below.
You only had to do 10 stays for the Diamond challenge? Mine was 12 and I just started June 28 of this year. Strange.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
question:

wanting to take advantage of current travelocity coupon ($75 off $300) and AMEX credit. travelocity price is same as hyatt price (public rate). should i have any issues getting credit for this stay (two nights)?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I thought you don't get stay/night credit if you book via 3rd party. I doubt you'll get it for the challenge.

Originally Posted by mrredskin
question:

wanting to take advantage of current travelocity coupon ($75 off $300) and AMEX credit. travelocity price is same as hyatt price (public rate). should i have any issues getting credit for this stay (two nights)?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by mrredskin
question:

you will NOT get credit.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i thought you did get stay/night credit if 3rd party wasn't special discounted rate. but, for purposes of the challenge, it's not a risk i was wanting to take without asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.