Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:19 pm

pretty much all my base spend is wrong at initial posting, often lower than just the total room rate. one problem is that globalists fee waivers often post as negative amounts that erroneously reduces base spend. a second problem is that many on-site restaurants are coded as ineligible.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Colin
pretty much all my base spend is wrong at initial posting, often lower than just the total room rate. one problem is that globalists fee waivers often post as negative amounts that erroneously reduces base spend. a second problem is that many on-site restaurants are coded as ineligible.
Thanks for this data point. I've likely had it before, but the difference was so big ($3,400 total bill, $1,750 eligible) that I was seriously confused.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Have any FTer's had their wedding at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar? We are reviewing options and curious about any experiences anyone can share about this property in relation to a wedding.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I called Hyatt and asked about redeeming club reward and was told it was not available. Is this something I can check online or I just have to call back? Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by seawolf
I called Hyatt and asked about redeeming club reward and was told it was not available. Is this something I can check online or I just have to call back? Thanks.
Talking to a handful of people and reading thru the forum, this seems to be a tough task to confirm a CLUB reward at this property. I would try thru social media, but I have yet to hear anyone secure a CLUB UPGRADE in the past 6 months, even for reservations 8-10 months out, not on any type of holiday wither. Someone said the property no longer allows club reqards here, but I would try to get clarification thru a Hyatt Twitter or something.
Old May 4, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I am considering this property for a 4 night stay later in the year (Oct/Nov) and wondering what the TSU books into. I looked online and cant figure out which room would be the standard suite. I currently have 4 which expire on 2/28/2021 and this may be the only one I redeem unless Hyatt extends them.
Old May 4, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I am considering this property for a 4 night stay later in the year (Oct/Nov) and wondering what the TSU books into. I looked online and cant figure out which room would be the standard suite. I currently have 4 which expire on 2/28/2021 and this may be the only one I redeem unless Hyatt extends them.
GRAND SUITE KING is the TSU its 694 sqr feet

I have been lucky enough to fall into the GRAND EXECUTIVE SUITE on a TSU 1038 sqr feet

Both are nice rooms
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
We were notified by the director of sales last night, that the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar has pushed their reopening until October 1st.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
We were notified by the director of sales last night, that the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar has pushed their reopening until October 1st.
Not surprising. Another project with somewhat dubious backing. We’ll see if it reopens then. All these hotels are sitting on huge debts and will likely be in default (if they aren’t already).
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:43 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I think it is the concern of low occupancy and liability of covid.

Most hotels will open regardless of the financial stress. They wont' be torn down for sure.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
I think it is the concern of low occupancy and liability of covid.

Most hotels will open regardless of the financial stress. They wont' be torn down for sure.
Add international travel restrictions to the list which have not gone away.

Wont get torn down but could get repossessed, rebranded, etc.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 12:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Add international travel restrictions to the list which have not gone away.

Wont get torn down but could get repossessed, rebranded, etc.
Not sure how rebranding would change the financials unless there was underlying nothing-to-do-with-covid friction between owner and management company to begin with.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Not sure how rebranding would change the financials unless there was underlying nothing-to-do-with-covid friction between owner and management company to begin with.
Probably true...but it’s also possible that a different hotel chain with bigger reach and larger membership might be perceived to drive more business to the hotel than Hyatt in the near future or longer. Probably not, but it’s possible.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:38 pm

These are wildly complicated agreements that when married to foreclosure/bankruptcy/repossession can result in all kinds of things. Whomever the new owner is would likely be free to affiliate with anyone. Not saying it will happen but these are (I’m including St Kitts and others) highly leveraged properties developed by third parties and the debts are very likely not getting paid. The longer they stay closed the more likely it is they don’t reopen as Hyatt properties.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the SLS in good shape at least? Does anyone know if it participates in the Accor program for earning points? The Accor thread is pretty dead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.