Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
2. So far, it is just standard room with club access. Is there anyway to upgrade to suite or larger room? Or it is at check-in? I figure in late May, it is not a super peak season.

3. Some folks say better to book West tower to be close to the club access. Anything else we need to know?
At check-in we were told that all WOH members were automatically put in the West tower. We were offered an upgrade at check-in (Explorist).

Our suite was huge and had 2 balconies, but neither was big enough for a chair. From the outside of the building it looked like every other floor had a full size balcony. I'd ask at check-in to make sure your room has a usable balcony.
RedSun likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by BookerT
We had all fees waived on our points stay in November.
I was curious if any Globs had the service charge waived on a cash stay. I know the resort fee will be but thought I might get lucky.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
NEWS
From a reliable source, this property will "probably" change from 20,000 ppn to 15,000 ppn.
Very disappointing that it's staying at 20k per night.
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Very disappointing that it's staying at 20k per night.
We always want something better.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:43 pm

Last month, directly via Hyatt.com, I was able to secure the 'Three-Bedroom Ocean View Residence with Three King-Bedded Rooms' for a few nights early next year for ~$500 per night including taxes and fees. I will consider that a 'steal' considering the published rate is $3,500 per night before taxes and fees, lol. My CC was immediately charged for the 'deposit' as per the cancellation policy (it's a refundable rate but they still required an immediate deposit, oddly). I have given the hotel 6+ weeks to try and back out, but it's been quiet ... and again ... I have already been charged the deposit. I should be able to book the flights after another 3 weeks, and I'm wondering if it's safe to do so at this point.
sam_goh likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Last month, directly via Hyatt.com, I was able to secure the 'Three-Bedroom Ocean View Residence with Three King-Bedded Rooms' for a few nights early next year for ~$500 per night including taxes and fees. I will consider that a 'steal' considering the published rate is $3,500 per night before taxes and fees, lol. My CC was immediately charged for the 'deposit' as per the cancellation policy (it's a refundable rate but they still required an immediate deposit, oddly). I have given the hotel 6+ weeks to try and back out, but it's been quiet ... and again ... I have already been charged the deposit. I should be able to book the flights after another 3 weeks, and I'm wondering if it's safe to do so at this point.
What dates?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I booked the 2050 sq ft two bedroom ocean view residence for $275 a night and a deposit has been charged. Nothing further from Hyatt or the hotel. My dates are Jan 20 to 26. Reservation still shows as valid.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I booked the 2050 sq ft two bedroom ocean view residence for $275 a night and a deposit has been charged. Nothing further from Hyatt or the hotel. My dates are Jan 20 to 26. Reservation still shows as valid.
Yup, same. Except my rate was $225, and it's booked through Prestige 4th night free, so total should be about $900 all-in for four nights including all taxes/fees as a globalist.

I've had a handful of "unusual sale" rates at Hyatts and never had any issues.
allbrosca and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:33 am

they upgraded my $250/n 1 bedroom residence to a 2 bedroom poolside villa, using the Prive program benefits.
so, management eyes were on my booking.

i'll be booking non-refundable air in the next few weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Would resort fee be charged for explorist/ points stay?
Originally Posted by RedSun
Just booked 4-night stay in late May, before the summer crowd. I used my 20k points/night and attached one of my club access awards. Some questions:

1. We also want to go to Atlantis (probably Cove) for 3 extra nights. Better to Bah Mar first or Atlantis first? The 60k Marriott/night is not cheap (highest reward rate before the hike in March). I'm Hyatt Explorist and Marriott Platinum. But Atlantis does not have club access (am I correct?) and the daily resort fees are not waived. I think 4 BHA and 3 Atlantis is about right. Any comments?

2. So far, it is just standard room with club access. Is there anyway to upgrade to suite or larger room? Or it is at check-in? I figure in late May, it is not a super peak season.

3. Some folks say better to book West tower to be close to the club access. Anything else we need to know?

Look forward to the trip.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by milemission
From all the DPs above, the resort fees should be waived with point booking. If the fees are charges, call Hyatt to get the refunds.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by milemission
Per T&C, it should never be charged for points stay. It's an IT quirk that it shows up on your reservation, but I've had it automatically waived almost every time. And I think only once did I need to ask for it to be removed.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Yup, same. Except my rate was $225, and it's booked through Prestige 4th night free, so total should be about $900 all-in for four nights including all taxes/fees as a globalist.

I've had a handful of "unusual sale" rates at Hyatts and never had any issues.
Was this rate directly through Hyatt.com?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
It's rather strange that the "Reserve Lounge" is less inclusive than the club lounge. It's also difficult to find any information on it.
Does anyone have more info about the elusive Reserve Lounge? Do they serve breakfast? Drinks? Have a booking for a suite that includes access to this lounge and don't have any status with Hyatt, so hoping there's at least something in there!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by slariz
Does anyone have more info about the elusive Reserve Lounge? Do they serve breakfast? Drinks? Have a booking for a suite that includes access to this lounge and don't have any status with Hyatt, so hoping there's at least something in there!
I emailed them 2 or 3 weeks ago, and never got an answer. You might have better luck calling, but I can't be bothered to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.