Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:52 pm

Recent Stay

I just had a recent paid short stay a few days ago myself. I am Globalist and also booked under Prive. I had booked the standard rate for a standard room.

Was upgraded to a 1-bedroom balcony suite in the Reserve, which had a completely unobstructed view of the water. Quite nice actually. The staff specifically mentioned that I was being upgraded to Reserve based on Globalist status and not Prive upgrade (though I'm sure Prive upgrades are nice as well).

Prive also includes breakfast at Regatta Food Hall. Currently, this venue is closed as is the Grand Club. Reserve Club is not very impressive. If you want sodas, beers, water, etc, just ask the staff and they will bring it out to you without charge. As mentioned above, I was also given the option to have breakfast at 3 Tides or via room service. I opted for the latter. A simple, standard breakfast of eggs, waffles, juice, and coffee for 2 totaled $150 after taxes, service charges, etc. Initially, this was still on the bill at checkout, but was happily removed without question.

Also had $100 resort credit that I used twice at the Swimming Pig bar. The bone-in ribeye was actually quite good! The credit is a resort credit that is placed on your folio. As long as you can charge something to your room (including dining options at SLS and Rosewood, which are "sister properties" that share the same common grounds as Grand Hyatt), it will be covered by the resort credit.

Upon checkout, the resort fees were waived due to Globalist status. However, they still had a couple other fees on there: Levy, VAT, and a mandatory "service charge" which they explained was basically a daily tip for bellstaff, housekeeping, etc.

To give you an idea of breakdown, on a daily paid rate of $225, even after the resort fee waived, the daily hit was a little less than $70, for about a $295 total.

Really comfortable stay overall. Looking forward to returning.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:40 pm

Had booked a 5-night stay for January during their sale. 3-Bedroom oceanview residence for approx $450/night after taxes and fees. The dates are conflicting with other travel plans so will cancel. This would have been my largest hotel suite, I think lol.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by lyst
It's now a real charge, just like the other who posted same amount. I'll be calling.
Wanted to hear what the charge was for?

thanks
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:47 pm

The Grand Club is down from October 1 to November 3, 2019 for maintenance due to low occupancy season. I wrote a blog post about this, which includes the hotel notice which "accommodates" guests who were supposed to have access to the club by giving them breakfast at a hotel restaurant and drinks and cold appetizers in the East tower VIP lounge. Here's my review.

https://willrunformiles.boardingarea...urant-is-good/
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
Wanted to hear what the charge was for?

thanks
Called Hyatt desk and they called hotel to have charge removed. It was for resort fees, that shouldn't have been charged using points. However, it's been over a month and I still don't see a refund on my card!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Just booked an upcoming stay on points and noticed a charge of $128 on my credit card.

Is it common to have deposits being taken when redeeming points here? Will this deposit somehow be refunded at some point.

Thanks
Did you find out anything? Still waiting for my refund after calling. Guess I'll call again.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
Hi, like a number of folks on this thread, got in on the super sale rates in for multi-bedroom suites for as little as $225/night. Stay is in January 2020 with one king and two queen beds. In my head assumed it was a max 6 occupancy based on the bed arrangements so invited some gal pals. There are 5 of us coming and just noticed it's max 4ppl per the website. Am I going to have problems with max occupancy? I would reach out the hotel, but don't want to call attention to my special rate.

Side note: redeemed a WOH club access award to get Club Lounge access in addition to Regency Lounge. Are they going to limit us to 4ppl?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:48 am

Do any Explorists have any recent data points regarding room upgrade? I booked a standard room and noticed that the One Bedroom Residences in the West Tower are not categorized as suites on Hyatt.com. Hyatt.com very clearly lists the Grand Suite King as a Standard suite and the Grand Executive Suite as a Premium suite. The Residences are classified as regular rooms.

Should it be expected that they will upgrade an Explorist to this type if available, as it's not a suite nor does it include Club lounge access?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WittingGadabout
Hi, like a number of folks on this thread, got in on the super sale rates in for multi-bedroom suites for as little as $225/night. Stay is in January 2020 with one king and two queen beds. In my head assumed it was a max 6 occupancy based on the bed arrangements so invited some gal pals. There are 5 of us coming and just noticed it's max 4ppl per the website. Am I going to have problems with max occupancy? I would reach out the hotel, but don't want to call attention to my special rate.
Which room type?

I specifically booked "Two-Bedroom Ocean View Residence (West Tower)" with occupancy of six on the reservation during that same sale. Looking forward to it in 6 weeks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Which room type?

I specifically booked "Two-Bedroom Ocean View Residence (West Tower)" with occupancy of six on the reservation during that same sale. Looking forward to it in 6 weeks!
I made my reservation for 3 nights at the end of Jan around he same time but didn't get as good of a deal for a one BR ocean view residence, but still a good rate at $325 a night.
When I called recently to add my Explorist club access award, I was told that it couldn't be added because it was a "manager rate". Sure enough, they changed the entire wording and rules on my Hyatt account reservation page!

Luckily, I have my original reservation which says the following:
Number of Adults: 2
Number of Children: 0
Room(s) Booked: 1
Room Type:
- 1BDR OCN VW RES
Room Description:
- King:Living room:Balcony Floor to ceiling windows:Great ocean view
Type of Rate: SUITES
Rate Information: Regularly published suite rates Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.

This is what is says now on my account site:

Type of Rate:Mngt Rate Stes
When I last looked a week or so ago, it also said the rate was NOT eligible to earn points or credit.

I was able to finally get my club access award added which took around 20 minutes on the phone but left it at that.

So, for those who booked this, it may be worth checking the details on your reservations page.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Looking at a stay for 2 adults and 2 kids for spring 2020. The hotel reservations team tells me there is a $50 fee per night for a rollaway bed - even for globalists. Can anyone else confirm and/or any creative ways to get around this? Generally as a Globalist I have never had to pay a rollaway charge in the past. Maybe this'll be the first time.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by beofotch
Looking at a stay for 2 adults and 2 kids for spring 2020. The hotel reservations team tells me there is a $50 fee per night for a rollaway bed - even for globalists. Can anyone else confirm and/or any creative ways to get around this? Generally as a Globalist I have never had to pay a rollaway charge in the past. Maybe this'll be the first time.

I was quoted this as well, but upon checkout, it was not added to my folio. Not sure if that was an error or courtesy. I had reached out prior to stay and was quoted the $50 fee for the rollaway. I did not confirm prior to arriving, but upon arrival requested the rollaway and again, it did not appear on final bill.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Currently at property and stayed at The Cove Atlantis a couple of days ago. Night and day. Service is poor at Atlantis and food was overpriced compared to Baha Mar.

As a Glob on points was upgraded Ocean View (suites were all booked up 2 months ago). Beautiful property. 4PM late checkout was confirmed at check-in.

Eligibility for Grand Club admissions is checked during breakfast and evening service. ^

Service was great in the club. Asked for an orange, got a fruit plate. Asked for hard boiled eggs during breakfast, (they ran out and haven't refilled), got a bowl of four. Overall food is on par with international club offerings (as opposed to US club offerings).

Do note that a non-show penalty on restaurant reservations is $100.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jameswes
Which room type?

I booked the Two Bedroom Fountain View .... not sure what we're in for, but I'm rolling the dice. Hope you enjoyed your trip
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by surikatina
I made my reservation for 3 nights at the end of Jan around he same time but didn't get as good of a deal for a one BR ocean view residence, but still a good rate at $325 a night.
When I called recently to add my Explorist club access award, I was told that it couldn't be added because it was a "manager rate". Sure enough, they changed the entire wording and rules on my Hyatt account reservation page!

Luckily, I have my original reservation which says the following:
Number of Adults: 2
Number of Children: 0
Room(s) Booked: 1
Room Type:
- 1BDR OCN VW RES
Room Description:
- King:Living room:Balcony Floor to ceiling windows:Great ocean view
Type of Rate: SUITES
Rate Information: Regularly published suite rates Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.

This is what is says now on my account site:

Type of Rate:Mngt Rate Stes
When I last looked a week or so ago, it also said the rate was NOT eligible to earn points or credit.

I was able to finally get my club access award added which took around 20 minutes on the phone but left it at that.

So, for those who booked this, it may be worth checking the details on your reservations page.
I see this change in rate type on my reservation as well (different than the email confirmation I have), but I was able to get the Club Access Award added by Tweeting the Hyatt team. They did it and then also confirmed it was valid for all registered guests in the room. Worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.