Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by comeflywme
So I came across this Kids Eat-Free Program and was wondering if anyone knows if this program is still active, as well as how it works. Thanks in advance!

https://www.sbe.com/restaurants/katsuya/baha-mar

Kids Eat-Free Program

Meals for children from the ages 0-5 eat free at Cleo, Carna, Katsuya & Fi’lia as well as additional venues at Baha Mar including 3 Tides, Drift, Marcus and Stix.

https://bahamar.com/offers/

Also advertised under Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - Kids under 5 eat free!
I had asked my concierge about this. She said it was tied to special offer code BAHA4. It wasn't valid for my dates in January so I didn't ask much more.

Read some reports on the property's FB group that people used the promo last month but had to remind restaurants to take the kids' meals off the bills.

I'd love it if this was just a new policy and not a promo. Would save our crew a lot!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BookerT
I had asked my concierge about this. She said it was tied to special offer code BAHA4. It wasn't valid for my dates in January so I didn't ask much more.

Read some reports on the property's FB group that people used the promo last month but had to remind restaurants to take the kids' meals off the bills.

I'd love it if this was just a new policy and not a promo. Would save our crew a lot!
I asked my Globalist concierge, as well as GH BM concierge, and they both said the “kids eat free program” is active this coming Oct. Your kid(s) need to be under 5, and their age(s) need to be added to your room reservation. They are then eligible to order off the kids menu with a paid adult at: 3 Tides, Drift, Stix, Out Island Bar & Grill, Cleo, Carna, Katsuya, Fi’lia. I’m assuming you’ll have to audit your bill to make sure the charge(s) come off accordingly. Also, there was no mention of any promo code from any of the websites or concierge, so perhaps this is a standing offer during shoulder (hurricane) season.

Last edited by comeflywme; Sep 14, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:19 am

I asked my Globalist concierge, as well as GH BM concierge, and they both said the “kids eat free program” is active this coming Oct. Your kid(s) need to be under 5, and their age(s) need to be added to your room reservation. They are then eligible to order off the kids menu with a paid adult at: 3 Tides, Drift, Stix, Out Island Bar & Grill, Cleo, Carna, Katsuya, Fi’lia. I’m assuming you’ll have to audit your bill to make sure the charge(s) come off accordingly. Also, there was no mention of any promo code from any of the websites or concierge, so perhaps this is a standing offer during shoulder (hurricane) season.
I got a similar reply from my concierge when I followed up. "The guests are more than welcome to automatically enjoy this promotion at the dining outlets. There is no specific booking code necessary or rate. Please note that Marcus is not included on the Kids Eat Free Promotion."

I also asked if this was a limited-time promotion and was told "They do not currently have an end date for this." Hoping it sticks around!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:26 pm

Any updates on the lounge situation from recent visitors? Based on a recent review in August it's still closed and being used as their C19 testing facility
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by fangtl
Any updates on the lounge situation from recent visitors? Based on a recent review in August it's still closed and being used as their C19 testing facility
I wouldn't expect the lounge to open until, at the very earliest, the US stops requiring negative covid tests to come back in to the country. If the hotel didn't offer covid testing, no one would come.

I also heard that the lounge was bleeding money for the hotel when it was open, so even if it does come back, don't expect it to be as generous as it was pre-pandemic.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan
Right. That's where I lucked out by having to call the Hyatt rep. She just took all the money I spent (and then some) and made it points eligible spend. Boom.

And you are correct - any of the restaurants that are not Hyatt owned will not count as eligible spend (unless you're 'lucky' as I mentioned I was above). One easy way to tell if you're at a Hyatt establishment or not? Is the water complementary. The SLS restaurants make you pay an exorbitant $15 for a bottle of Evian (my least favorite brand of water) "due to Covid," while Hyatt establishments including Marcus, The Swimming Pig, Stix, and Pizza Lab give you water for free.

The easier way of course is by looking at the outside of the restaurant - you can see the sbe logo (the company that owns the SLS hotel) near the entrance of those restaurants. I didn't eat any of the Rosewood's restaurants (Bouloud and I think one other).

Hope this helps.
Can you tell me what floor and unit you had for your 1BR Residence Deluxe Ocean View? I recall you mentioning that you had an amazing view. I already confirmed the same type of room (1BR Residence Deluxe Ocean View, West Tower); however, I want to make sure I don’t get jerked with a crappy view (as I’ve heard some “ocean view” units aren’t true ocean view but rather partial or side ocean view). I appreciate it!

Last edited by comeflywme; Oct 1, 2021 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by BookerT
I got a similar reply from my concierge when I followed up. "The guests are more than welcome to automatically enjoy this promotion at the dining outlets. There is no specific booking code necessary or rate. Please note that Marcus is not included on the Kids Eat Free Promotion."

I also asked if this was a limited-time promotion and was told "They do not currently have an end date for this." Hoping it sticks around!
Found out a little more info. As long as there’s one paid adult, you can have multiple children participate in the kids eat free program, just make sure their names/ages are included on the room reservation. And it’s your own duty to ensure charges get taken off before you pay your bill at the restaurant, bc this is something that can’t be adjusted after paying your bill. Also, this only works for dining in, not take-out (all of this is according to the concierge).

Last edited by comeflywme; Oct 1, 2021 at 2:06 am
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:08 am

Can you tell me what floor and unit you had for your 1BR Residence Deluxe Ocean View? I recall you mentioning that you had an amazing view. I already confirmed the same type of room (1BR Residence Deluxe Ocean View, West Tower); however, I want to make sure I don’t get jerked with a crappy view (as I’ve heard some “ocean view” units aren’t true ocean view but rather partial or side ocean view). I appreciate it!
Nvm, I’m here now and the room I got is fantastic! 1BR Residence Deluxe Ocean View on the 26th floor with 3 full balconies. I noticed the top floor (27th) has Juliette balconies. As previously stated in this thread, all even numbered floors have full balconies, and odd numbered floors have Juliette balconies, so def try to get an OV on 26, 24, etc.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Message edited below
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Right. That's where I lucked out by having to call the Hyatt rep. She just took all the money I spent (and then some) and made it points eligible spend. Boom.

And you are correct - any of the restaurants that are not Hyatt owned will not count as eligible spend (unless you're 'lucky' as I mentioned I was above). One easy way to tell if you're at a Hyatt establishment or not? Is the water complementary. The SLS restaurants make you pay an exorbitant $15 for a bottle of Evian (my least favorite brand of water) "due to Covid," while Hyatt establishments including Marcus, The Swimming Pig, Stix, and Pizza Lab give you water for free.

The easier way of course is by looking at the outside of the restaurant - you can see the sbe logo (the company that owns the SLS hotel) near the entrance of those restaurants. I didn't eat any of the Rosewood's restaurants (Bouloud and I think one other).

Hope this helps.
Hey there. Just seeing this post. I've done 5 stays in the last few months and Hyatt has not given me points on any of my restaurant dinners at any location (ate multiple times at Marcus, Carna, Katsuya, Stix). We're you able to call a Globalist rep after your stay and have them adjust your points? Wonder if a concierge can do this? Looking at my bills vs points earned and its pretty substantial. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
About to reach Globalist for the first time ever and am looking at booking a stay here for January 2022. The dates I’m considering (Sunday - Thursday) show no availability for points, so I’m wondering what are the chances a points stay will free up eventually? Or is this a property like Big Sur where most points stays are totally booked up far in advance? There is an offer for a 4th night free on a cash stay, so that will have to suffice if no award rooms become available. Also, resort fees here are still currently waived for Globalists, correct?

Unfortunately, the delta variant seems to be experiencing a persistent nasty spike in the Bahamas too. Let’s hope they get it under control there soon!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by touringuy
About to reach Globalist for the first time ever and am looking at booking a stay here for January 2022. The dates I’m considering (Sunday - Thursday) show no availability for points, so I’m wondering what are the chances a points stay will free up eventually? Or is this a property like Big Sur where most points stays are totally booked up far in advance? There is an offer for a 4th night free on a cash stay, so that will have to suffice if no award rooms become available. Also, resort fees here are still currently waived for Globalists, correct?

Unfortunately, the delta variant seems to be experiencing a persistent nasty spike in the Bahamas too. Let’s hope they get it under control there soon!
Try searching again. I just checked all 5 (Sun-Th) segments for Jan 2022 and was able to find points availability for all 5 segments. Make sure to specify “grand hyatt haha mar” in the search bar.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 4:46 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Make sure to specify “grand hyatt haha mar” in the search bar.
Baha Mar may be the better search… haha
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Try searching again. I just checked all 5 (Sun-Th) segments for Jan 2022 and was able to find points availability for all 5 segments. Make sure to specify “grand hyatt haha mar” in the search bar.
Thanks for trying. You’re right that most weeks are showing availability, but just not for 1/9 - 1/13. Maybe they have some big groups there during that week.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:44 pm

I booked the basic room on points for 20k a night, used an upgrade to Grand Suite King, and they pro-actively upgraded me to West Tower One Bedroom Residence Deluxe. I kinda wonder if they would have upgraded me without using an upgrade cert, but oh well, I needed to use it anyways.

Fwiw, there were some serious issues with my bill that lasted well after checkout. Namely, there was a $93 charge from Katsuya from before I checked in (or even arrived in Bahamas for that matter). I think because of this, my points and nights didn't post at all either (I checked out on the 5th). I called Hyatt Globalist Line this morning and the woman treated me really nicely. She definitely gave me more eligible spend than I actually spent, and I ended up getting a whopping 13,500 points for my 4 night stay where I spent a total of $750. Woohoo!
how do you get proactively upgraded to the one bedroom residence delux. I’m booked for January and asked my concierge to apply my suite upgrade and ask the hotel if they can upgrade me to the residence but they came back and said only grand suite king. How far in advance of the reservation did they upgrade you? TIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.