Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:57 am

Question about bottle water

Since the club is closed now, anyone knows how globalist gets free bottle water? How many per day? Do we need to buy some from local grocery? Thanks a lot
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:08 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by harbourxie
Since the club is closed now, anyone knows how globalist gets free bottle water? How many per day? Do we need to buy some from local grocery? Thanks a lot
They replenish the room each day (4x bottles) but other than that I did not see any way to get free water. I bought a case of water at a store between the airport and hotel.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by soy
They replenish the room each day (4x bottles) but other than that I did not see any way to get free water. I bought a case of water at a store between the airport and hotel.
Thanks a lot - I will probably do the same as well.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:20 pm

Globalist breakfast question

Anyone knows if the globalist breakfast is still served at 3 Tides or the buffet restaurant? Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Restaurant Question: I'm nervous about dinner options since i will be there during the week of Dec 27-Jan 1. I tried to make reservations six weeks in advance and every restaurant that accepts reservations was booked through January 2nd (except for Sugar Factory).

Any advice on what the best options will be for a family of four? Are we stuck with the Buffet every night, or do the restaurants save space for walk-ins?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AALoyalNYC
Restaurant Question: I'm nervous about dinner options since i will be there during the week of Dec 27-Jan 1. I tried to make reservations six weeks in advance and every restaurant that accepts reservations was booked through January 2nd (except for Sugar Factory).

Any advice on what the best options will be for a family of four? Are we stuck with the Buffet every night, or do the restaurants save space for walk-ins?

Thanks in advance!
I will be there at the same time with my 3 kids. Try interfacing with the concierge now via email to see if they can help out. Also Pizza Lab and Stix do not need reservations and are good family options. I think I remember seeing the pool restaurant stay open to about 7/8 in past busy times and is an outdoor option. Swimming Pig takes reservations and is another more casual place.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by harbourxie
Anyone knows if the globalist breakfast is still served at 3 Tides or the buffet restaurant? Thanks
I've been informed by the concierge that the 3 Tides Restaurant is reopening as a new restaurant as of 12/20/2021. Therefore the breakfast option for globalist will be the buffet.

I'll be staying at the hotel later this month so I don't have much more information other than what I've spoken to the concierge about.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:05 am

I was hoping someone can provide any advice or experience on pool chairs and how early people go down to reserve them with towels. I've read on some forums that this is a pretty big problem with this resort.
I've booked a cabana just in case, but if we will have no problems finding a chair by the pool, I'd rather not pay for this luxury! Happy to hear peoples thoughts on this!

Also, wondering if people had thoughts around whether booking the flamingo meet & greet was worth it? Or if the complimentary 'parade' twice a day is good enough?

Last edited by gopackgo53; Dec 17, 2021 at 2:22 pm
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Staying over the week between Christmas and new year’s and have a grand suite king booked on points. Was told by the hotel that this room can accommodate two young children as well (even though it doesn’t show when booking online) but curious two hear about others experiences with roll away beds in suites. I can also book a second king room but assume odds are slim to none that they would be adjacent or connecting rooms.

Would love any feedback re: the Grand Suite King with young kids. (Seems some have two chairs instead of the sofa which wouldn’t work for sleeping).

Thanks!
Just curious how old your kids are. I was told earlier this week that the suites can only accommodate 2 adults and 1 child and there would be an additional $50 fee per night but that they would not allow 2 kids in the suite. (Mine are 8 and 10 for reference)
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:16 pm
soy

Programs: various

Thanks in advance!
Worst case - you can walk over to Jonny Canoe restaurant. Its a 10min walk from the lobby of SLS.
They do take-out also
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
Anyone happen to know if the waterpark water is heated during "winter?" I assume the waterpark is open 365 days a year. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Chgo2AD
Just curious how old your kids are. I was told earlier this week that the suites can only accommodate 2 adults and 1 child and there would be an additional $50 fee per night but that they would not allow 2 kids in the suite. (Mine are 8 and 10 for reference)
Mine are 9 and 6, so basically the same. I confirmed this twice with the hotel, once at booking and once just a couple of weeks ago. If they tell me there’s a problem at check in, then I will be pretty upset and sure hope they have an alternative for us.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Hi! Please let us know how this goes as I (and prob many others) are in a similar boat. I've done 5 says here now (none with kids) and I find it so odd that they did not build any suites to accommodate kids.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dcislander
Hi! Please let us know how this goes as I (and prob many others) are in a similar boat. I've done 5 says here now (none with kids) and I find it so odd that they did not build any suites to accommodate kids.
I called again tonight to triple confirm. The WoH rep told me they confirmed with the hotel on site, that two roll away beds are requested, and basically said to stop worrying. We shall see…I’m praying that more rooms continue to become available so we have a fallback plan. I’d even be willing to fork out another 20k points/night if we could get one of the adjoining grand suite/queen rooms guaranteed. Man I hate traveling during peak times!
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I called again tonight to triple confirm. The WoH rep told me they confirmed with the hotel on site, that two roll away beds are requested, and basically said to stop worrying. We shall see…I’m praying that more rooms continue to become available so we have a fallback plan. I’d even be willing to fork out another 20k points/night if we could get one of the adjoining grand suite/queen rooms guaranteed. Man I hate traveling during peak times!
This is great news! Please do keep us posted. I’m not traveling until the end of March and this would be a good setup for us as well. 🤞🏻

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.