Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by slariz
Was looking to make a points stay for December, until I saw this cancelation policy:

Deposit Policy
Credit Card Deposit Required 5 NIGHT(S) DEPOSIT WILL BE CHARGED TO CREDIT CARD
Cancellation Policy
Non-Refundable/ 100 Prcnt Deposit At Booking

That's insane - how could anyone ever agree to that? I have never seen such a strict policy at a Hyatt anywhere before.
Yeah this happens from time to time at very peak dates like yours presumably are. This isn't a blanket policy, but rather for very specific times at specific hotels.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:18 am

Was there a response to this? I'm having trouble finding any suite availability (for certs/points) as well.

Cheers

Edit - meant to quote the question regarding suite availability.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:12 pm

I am struggling to get a copy of my room bill after my stay ending 1/12/22, I have tried online form, calling and working with my Globalist rep, no luck. Each time they send me the bill for the same room 1804, I need bill for 1802.

My 1804 bill had charges for breakfast, which I was able to get removed. Just can't figure out my 1802 bill since I can't get a copy.

Any suggestions on how I can get the bill other than what I tried above?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just sent you a DM
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Is the med evac flight only to Florida or are there other points along the east coast you could choose? What was the cost of the program? Also, and this is more out of curiosity, was CBP done in Bahamas or upon landing in Florida?
South Florida only, no cost to the program its included in your hotel booking, as long as Baha Mar is the first stop in the Bahamas (they say you need to provide your flight info to confirm baha mar stay starts on the day of arrival).
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by saint
Thanks so much for your thoughts. How did your kids like the waterpark? It wasn't ready when we last went. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on that. My kids LOVED the ocean and rank it amongst their favorite (and we travel a lot) but I agree with you the food costs were offensive when traveling with so many. I went with 3 kids and we spent a fortune.
The water park is awesome, and my kids both said they liked it more than the one at Atlantis, but both are really good. We did 4 nights at Atlantis, and 3 nights at Baha Mar. The under 48" area is way better for older kids that are still under 48" (my daughter is 6 and under 48"). The slides in the "kids" area are way bigger at Baha Mar, and they also have a flowrider surfing machine that she could try, whereas at Atlantis the slides in the splashers area are very small (but still fun). The rapid river at Atlantis is more fun/has much more aggressive rapids, and Baha Mar's is much more of a lazy river where you're mostly just floating with a slight current.

For over 48", the rides at both places are good, but they're a bit bigger at Baha Mar. The big thing you get at Atlantis are the 2 slides that go through shark tank/aquarium and there is nothing like that at Baha Bay
comeflywme likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:16 am

Has anyone stayed at an ADA suite here? I'm disabled and a Globalist, so I wonder if my need for an adapted bathroom would take me out of the running for a suite upgrade?

Last edited by nyoka; Mar 9, 2022 at 12:23 am
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:16 am

Outdoor dining at Regatta?

Does anyone know if the Regatta buffet breakfast has outdoor seating options? I am high risk for COVID and avoiding indoor dining. This was easy enough to do when I went to Bahamar last year when the resort was fairly under capacity and breakfast was at 3 Tides where they had a nice patio available, but wondering how others in similar situations have been accommodated? Booked during a school break and now second guessing whether I'll be able to have a similar experience.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
there was no outdoor seating when I was there. I’m curious to hear what the breakfast crowd/line is like this week as the hotel is at capacity (SLS and Rosewood too).

Originally Posted by nyoka
Does anyone know if the Regatta buffet breakfast has outdoor seating options? I am high risk for COVID and avoiding indoor dining. This was easy enough to do when I went to Bahamar last year when the resort was fairly under capacity and breakfast was at 3 Tides where they had a nice patio available, but wondering how others in similar situations have been accommodated? Booked during a school break and now second guessing whether I'll be able to have a similar experience.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Going to hit Baha Mar in August; sounds like a great property. I'm going to bring family so 5+1 adults/kids across three rooms. From searching past posts in the thread, sounds like it's hit or miss on whether or not the other rooms have a chance of getting at least the breakfast benefit. Could I apply club access to get the rest of the rooms breakfast even though my understanding is the club's currently not open? Was going to reach out to book today, just trying to figure out best strategy to save money before I call. :-)

Also are suite upgrades worth using, or just take luck of the globalist draw? We'd be going right before schools all start back up, so I'm hoping crows would be trending downward that first August weekend.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
If they are not selling club rooms then no.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dcislander
there was no outdoor seating when I was there. I’m curious to hear what the breakfast crowd/line is like this week as the hotel is at capacity (SLS and Rosewood too).
There was no outdoor seating while we were there March 28-April 1st
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar has a 4th night free through Hyatt Privé. Must book by October 31, 2022 for stays between April 01, 2022 - December 15, 2022.
Old May 9, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Advice sought for July 2022 visit

Hello,

My wife and six of her girl friends in their late 30s are going to Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for 3 nights in late July 2022. Each of the 3 rooms has been booked by me using the Guest of Honor program so they can enjoy Globalist benefits. I have never visited the property so I would be grateful for some non-judgmental thoughts/advice about a few things:
  1. Any estimated date of reopening of the Club Lounge?
  2. What is the least expensive yet still relatively convenient way to get drinking water there? Are there water filling stations if they bring their own water bottles and/or is the room tap water filtered adequately?
  3. They would like to bring some of their own alcohol to enjoy in the room and at times on the property. Is there a duty free on arrival in Nassau where they can purchase wine and/or spirits? Rather is it best for them to check some of it from the mainland?
  4. Any recommended and reasonably priced lunch or dinner outlets near the resort either by a reasonably priced taxi or right on the city bus line? On the way in from the airport are there any grocery or liquor stores on the way where they could stock up on snacks or even some simple in-room lunch food?
  5. If they brought their own Styrofoam or even "hard" cooler how appropriate (or not) would pool or beachside drinking be using their own sourced alcohol? For example I am picturing some boxed wine in an insulated bubba keg or like drinking container. Or purchasing a drink from the hotel and reusing that cup to refill their own.
  6. They currently have 3 rooms as noted. Has anyone had experiences getting the hotel to "swap" 3 rooms for 1 3 bedroom suite so they could truly be "en suite"? Worst case scenario I think they can be allocated in the same hallway or even with connecting rooms - just trying to see if there are any data points of multi-bedroom suites being used to accommodate a group like this instead.

Thanks,

Beofotch
Old May 9, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by beofotch
Hello,

My wife and six of her girl friends in their late 30s are going to Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for 3 nights in late July 2022. Each of the 3 rooms has been booked by me using the Guest of Honor program so they can enjoy Globalist benefits. I have never visited the property so I would be grateful for some non-judgmental thoughts/advice about a few things:
  1. Any estimated date of reopening of the Club Lounge?
  2. What is the least expensive yet still relatively convenient way to get drinking water there? Are there water filling stations if they bring their own water bottles and/or is the room tap water filtered adequately?
  3. They would like to bring some of their own alcohol to enjoy in the room and at times on the property. Is there a duty free on arrival in Nassau where they can purchase wine and/or spirits? Rather is it best for them to check some of it from the mainland?
  4. Any recommended and reasonably priced lunch or dinner outlets near the resort either by a reasonably priced taxi or right on the city bus line? On the way in from the airport are there any grocery or liquor stores on the way where they could stock up on snacks or even some simple in-room lunch food?
  5. If they brought their own Styrofoam or even "hard" cooler how appropriate (or not) would pool or beachside drinking be using their own sourced alcohol? For example I am picturing some boxed wine in an insulated bubba keg or like drinking container. Or purchasing a drink from the hotel and reusing that cup to refill their own.
  6. They currently have 3 rooms as noted. Has anyone had experiences getting the hotel to "swap" 3 rooms for 1 3 bedroom suite so they could truly be "en suite"? Worst case scenario I think they can be allocated in the same hallway or even with connecting rooms - just trying to see if there are any data points of multi-bedroom suites being used to accommodate a group like this instead.

Thanks,

Beofotch
I just got back Saturday so I can answer a few of these.

1. According to a manager, there are no plan to reopen the club. Sounded like ever to me, but that's my take.
2. We had bottles in our room everyday, the ice machines had filtered water and the bars filled my yeti with water at the pools. Never once an issue.
3. You can bring one liter of alcohol in the Bahamas. Anything more is a risk, one that I assumed on my trip. I didn't see a duty free leaving the airport but wasn't looking. There is a market "walkable" from the resort maybe a mile along the beach area.
4. There are a few things possibility walkable around the market but I have no experience with them. Taxis are fairly expensive FYI.
5. I never saw a cooler out in the open. I would image that would be a no go. Security did perform a "bag check" entering Baha Bay a few days during our stay.
6. You can always ask but I'd put the chances at slim to none. Remember this is a massive resort with plenty of folks paying for suites. There were over a thousand Workday employees there last week for conference and that was just one of several during the week plus 3-4 weddings. I had to kinda beg for a standard suite upgrade as a multiple return visitor paying cash. I would ask my concierge to reach out to the hotel and ask for the same floor. Probably your best bet and hope for something better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.