Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:45 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by WittingGadabout
I see this change in rate type on my reservation as well (different than the email confirmation I have), but I was able to get the Club Access Award added by Tweeting the Hyatt team. They did it and then also confirmed it was valid for all registered guests in the room. Worth a shot.
The Club access is really great.
WittingGadabout likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:01 pm

I know a couple of people had asked this previously, We are two adults and two kids, age 6 and age 2. When I tried booking with points it would come back and not give me any options, when I changed the selection to just 2 adults, I get the Grand King as an option, so I've booked that, I do have globalist status, while I dont need a roll-away bed, I will be asking them for a crib. Has anyone else ran into this issue and was a it a problem at time of check and during stay or its not something to worry about ?

I am traveling there in Feb, I did go ahead and book my room for three night using points, and I wanted to get some info on the kid situation before I apply my suite upgrade. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by lahoree
I know a couple of people had asked this previously, We are two adults and two kids, age 6 and age 2. When I tried booking with points it would come back and not give me any options, when I changed the selection to just 2 adults, I get the Grand King as an option, so I've booked that, I do have globalist status, while I dont need a roll-away bed, I will be asking them for a crib. Has anyone else ran into this issue and was a it a problem at time of check and during stay or its not something to worry about ?

I am traveling there in Feb, I did go ahead and book my room for three night using points, and I wanted to get some info on the kid situation before I apply my suite upgrade. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
We stayed last year with our daughter (just under 2 at the time) in a suite that officially had 2 person max. Emailed them because of the same issue. Said it wouldn't be a problem and we had no issue getting a crib. We were also upgraded to a larger suite.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:43 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I also booked a stay during the Jan sale (booked 2 bedroom ocean view residence) for 4 adults. I also noticed it changed to manager rate special, though I assume it shouldn't be issues to get the stay credit. I'll just have to tweet the Hyatt team.
Has anyone figured out lounge access for globalists on these stays (for the 3rd and onwards adult)? I know the Hyatt rules state 2 adults are included but I wonder if there a way to get the other guests in.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jason8612
I also booked a stay during the Jan sale (booked 2 bedroom ocean view residence) for 4 adults. I also noticed it changed to manager rate special, though I assume it shouldn't be issues to get the stay credit. I'll just have to tweet the Hyatt team.
Has anyone figured out lounge access for globalists on these stays (for the 3rd and onwards adult)? I know the Hyatt rules state 2 adults are included but I wonder if there a way to get the other guests in.
The way the lounge is enforced there I don't think you will have a problem.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Yes, it is call circumventing the rules and sneaking them in. The policy is there for a purpose. When enough people circumvent them, it just leads to deterioration of lounge experience and quality of offerings.

Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN
The way the lounge is enforced there I don't think you will have a problem.
I tend to agree. While they do ask for room# and count guests during breakfast and evening offering, it is likely they don't do much analysis beyond that. Not sure if they even differentiate between adults and children during the guest count.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone staying this weekend on the "fare sale"?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by stinger101
I was there this past weekend - nice room, lovely property, expensive! But the Club Lounge and bargain room rate helped tremendously. Enjoy!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat | United Silver | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Titanium | IHG Ambassador
For those who use the Club Lounge, this might be helpful! Taken 1/22/2020

Club Lounge offerings and hours
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by stinger101
Ill be there this Wed to Sun
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
For those who use the Club Lounge, this might be helpful! Taken 1/22/2020

Club Lounge offerings and hours
fyi there are actually two bartenders in the lounge. One is by the food and the other is on the room on the right hand side as soon as your walk into the lounge.

Soft drinks, water, coffee available all day.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:42 am

Ill be there this Wed to Sun

I will be there this Friday to Monday.
As I posted earlier in this thread, they changed my reservation to a "managers" rate, thus not allowing to add my Exploritst club award certificate. After calling Hyatt a long while back, they spoke to the hotel manager and added it but would not send an email confirmation. I saw some others said they tweeted and had no problem adding this (they may have been Globs) but now I'm getting nervous and will call again today to try and get some written proof. Tweeting as an Explorist may not help but if I do, not sure how to phrase it. I just don't want to get there and have them deny me access. Any advise? I do have the name of the manager who spoke to the Hyatt CSR.
Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:07 am

they honored my $250/n rate, including all Prive perks, for 2 bedroom poolside villa without any hiccups. posted fine after stay too.

don’t worry. just go. the reserve desk can easily sort lounge access once on property.
seawolf and WittingGadabout like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:40 pm

Points posted

Anyone else gets points denied for alcohol charges to our room? It was nearly half my total bill so a big chunk and I know this has been “subject to local laws” but looking for other data points of people who did get awarded at Baha Mar to try and get a reversal.

Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:09 pm

Anyone else gets points denied for alcohol charges to our room? It was nearly half my total bill so a big chunk and I know this has been “subject to local laws” but looking for other data points of people who did get awarded at Baha Mar to try and get a reversal.

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten points for alcohol spend at any Hyatt. Maybe once and I didn’t notice but not that I recall. I’ve assumed it was a Hyatt policy they don’t award points for booze.
WittingGadabout likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.