Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
White sparkling wine is “sperone celebration brut”

market price 6-7€ outside Italy.

Not to be sold in Italy (maybe used to unclog the sink)
benjahman likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by Dav77

YIKES!!!!! No Jack, no decent vodka........do they know what they are charging? BOO! I haven't been in 18 months, was looking forward to our next trip here. Kinda gross.
Guess Ill need to load up on my whiskey in Fort Laud.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Looks like the Bulleit is gone also... was a nice option relative to everything else.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
It has been my first stay at a Grand Hyatt. First stay at all an any Hyatt.

We bought points to lounge access and i’ll do it again, knowing the prices for everything to eat or drink at this property ...

i have more experience at lounges at Accor (Sofitel) where i’m Plat since more years and Marriott, recently Plat

i can say this was probably the worst experience at any hotel lounge ever, on f&b. Something comparable with a Novotel or Grand Mercure Lounge ...

surely really far from Lounges at Sofitels or Ritz or Marriotts.

If I have to form an opinion on Hyatt lounges based on this one ...I probably wouldn’t stay again at any Hyatt

but i’m sure it’s a bad example

i can’t imagine a loyal Hyatt member who spends 60+ nights at Hyatt to receive this kind of treatment
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by benjahman
I believe the reserve is in actually in the west tower (i think, you sort of get turned around quite a bit there as all the passage and hallways look similar) If you're in the market for a quick check-in, no real elevator waits, and what seemed like nobody else on the same floor as us, then I'd go with the Reserve. The reserve check-in/lobby is across and on the same driveway from the more subdued Rosewood hotel. The champagne upon arrival and unlimited fruit, cookies, and coffee throughout the day were nice but we didn't avail of it much. The main check-in areas for both towers always seemed to be busy, but I do believe they have WOH separate check-in line, however, I can't comment on its efficiency and if it's any better than regular. Not sure reserve has any real differences other than those.
We are going for our fourth trip to Baha Mar in September.
We prefer the East Tower (The one with the Royal Blue rooms). I think that is where the Reserve is.
How does one get into the Reserve Rooms? Do you have to be a certain level in WoH?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey
We are going for our fourth trip to Baha Mar in September.
We prefer the East Tower (The one with the Royal Blue rooms). I think that is where the Reserve is.
How does one get into the Reserve Rooms? Do you have to be a certain level in WoH?
Enjoy your trip! I believe it's where they house the larger suites, which they call residences there. We were in the Riviera residence, which was 1 king + 2 queens and after looking again, we were in the East Tower as well. If you go towards the East Tower elevators and continue past the security guard, which always seem posted right there, you will spot the Reserve elevators on your right and check-in/lounge to your left.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:55 am

Just booked an upcoming stay on points and noticed a charge of $128 on my credit card.

Is it common to have deposits being taken when redeeming points here? Will this deposit somehow be refunded at some point.

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:45 pm

I also have a pending charge for $128 on my card for a 3 night points booking. That didn't happen to me last year. Said something about charging for 1st night deposit, but mine was all points. Not sure what's going on?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by lyst
I also have a pending charge for $128 on my card for a 3 night points booking. That didn't happen to me last year. Said something about charging for 1st night deposit, but mine was all points. Not sure what's going on?
Call and ask. Anything here is speculation.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

Call and ask. Anything here is speculation.
And wait until its a real charge. Calling before is just a waste of your time and theirs.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:15 pm

We are scheduled to go to Baha Mar next Monday, September 9.

Although the Grand Hyatt is stating it is open, fully operational and suffered little damage from the hurricane, should we still make our trip given the devastation to the other islands? On one hand I don't want to be enjoying a vacation when others are suffering, but then again tourism is the prime source of income for the country.

Any thoughts on whether we should go?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:01 pm

We are scheduled to go to Baha Mar next Monday, September 9.

Although the Grand Hyatt is stating it is open, fully operational and suffered little damage from the hurricane, should we still make our trip given the devastation to the other islands? On one hand I don't want to be enjoying a vacation when others are suffering, but then again tourism is the prime source of income for the country.

Any thoughts on whether we should go?
Go. If you don’t you are punishing them further. This is their main industry. They need all the business they can get.

You'll see little to no evidence of any damage on New Providence Island.... everything happened on other islands many miles away.
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:01 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
tourism is the prime source of income for the country.
This is the key ! Yes, you should go.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
And wait until its a real charge. Calling before is just a waste of your time and theirs.
It's now a real charge, just like the other who posted same amount. I'll be calling.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:50 pm

Just came back from another wonderful stay at Baha Mar.

FYI- The Grand Club is closed for maintenance until September 24th. While it would have been nice to know before our trip, they accommodated us by allowing entry into the Reserve Club and giving us either in room breakfast or breakfast at 3 Tides.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.