Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:09 pm

Will there be resort fees and additional fees for a globalist that's paying in cash?

If I use my suite upgrade, can I be placed in a suite without a view of the ocean because if so I'd rather guarantee an ocean view room
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Biggamer3
Will there be resort fees and additional fees for a globalist that's paying in cash?

If I use my suite upgrade, can I be placed in a suite without a view of the ocean because if so I'd rather guarantee an ocean view room
You should not be charged a resort fee if you are globalist (cash or points bookings). However this particular property does have a $20 per night service fee. And the suite upgrades (tropical view vs ocean view) will likely depend on the hotel/availability. If you are paying with cash, you might try a Hyatt Prive advisor - they can get you the extra $100 resort credit and can work with the hotel on your upgrade.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by ChewyBongo
Hey guys, question here. I know, its wild, call me crazy. Looking for answers as to thoughts if it will work or not, not "you shouldn't do it" type responses haha, no offense!

Basically, there are some rooms in the Grand Hyatt down in the Bahamas that run about 2-3k a night easily. So a 3 day stay is around 9k. For that price I'll stay at the four seasons....

I have no problem staying in a $380 deluxe room they offer. Going with some buddies, it'll be fun. But why not try to get some extra room to party and sleep? I've done the 20$ trick in Vegas, it works. Wondering if I applied it to the extremes (Under the right conditions -- suite rooms are available and not booked at arrival) if it would work. Basically, if I ask for a suite upgrade for a 500 cash tip, would they do it? Basically bribery, but hey so is the 20$. It's simply a "tip". Heck, I'd assume the manager would even take the cash. Anyway, let me know your thoughts of it is is a viable plan.

Cheers!

tldr; tip 500$ for suite upgrade, chances I'll get it if room is not booked?
To be honest, I have no idea of what you are talking about. I never knew any of this to be thing, Vegas or elsewhere.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:15 am

warning

As an owner of a time share on Paradise Island, I am no longer going there- this year, already 57 murders in Nassau...I can get that here in the U.S. without needing a passport..
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by drpad
As an owner of a time share on Paradise Island, I am no longer going there- this year, already 57 murders in Nassau...I can get that here in the U.S. without needing a passport..
So a slow Tuesday here in Chicago?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:24 am

nassau

Originally Posted by chicago747
so a slow tuesday here in chicago?
🤣😂🤣
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:27 am

Grand Club vs Reserve Lounge

Has anyone visited the Reserve Lounge in the East Tower? I have done the Grand Club in the West Tower and like it. Was offered an upgrade which included access to the reserve Lounge and was wondering if it is as good.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Has anyone visited the Reserve Lounge in the East Tower? I have done the Grand Club in the West Tower and like it. Was offered an upgrade which included access to the reserve Lounge and was wondering if it is as good.
I was just staying at the baba mar, my room was part of the reserve tower, I had access to the lounge but it was simply a lounge with nice couches and tvs to chill at. Didn't spend any time three to be honest but I doubt they have any food or drinks likethe grand club offers
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Me and my family are scheduled to be there in December over Christmas and I was wondering if anyone who stayed there recently got the "$500 of Food and Beverage Credit for $350" offer before hand or at check-in? I would think as a family of 4 this would be great way to save money eating at the many restaurants at GH.
jkjetsetters likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by thestallion123
Me and my family are scheduled to be there in December over Christmas and I was wondering if anyone who stayed there recently got the "$500 of Food and Beverage Credit for $350" offer before hand or at check-in? I would think as a family of 4 this would be great way to save money eating at the many restaurants at GH.
+1 (very interested in knowing this as well)
jkjetsetters likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Anybody stay recently that got this offer? Or any other recent stay updates? Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:38 pm

I feel that if you have a family of four the very best way to get maximum value is to apply points for Grand Club access. Breakfast and dinner at the club will save you a lot of money.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
I will have club access as a globalist but the 30% discount buy buying vouchers seems like a good way to save money on the nicer restaurants.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by joelangphoto
I feel that if you have a family of four the very best way to get maximum value is to apply points for Grand Club access. Breakfast and dinner at the club will save you a lot of money.
We are heading down there in 10 days. No restaurant offers yet.

We have club access but would still take the $500 for $350 offer on our 6 night stay.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
I have booked a 6 night stay (all points) for a getaway for my wife and I in February at this property. What the chances of scoring an upgrade to a room with a ocean view or balcony as an Explorist? Any tips on the tower or room type we should be aspiring to here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.