Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:25 pm

Thats right, i contacted the Hotel and everything is sold out in July and August...

I don´t think using a Suite Upgrade for a club Deluxe room would be useful ?!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Transport from FRA

Wondering about the best way to get to and from FRA with luggage, relatively large with small wheels not well designed for rolling on city streets.

The train looks like a nice direct shot, and then taxi between the hotel and the local station (even though it is only a 5 minute walk)?

Does that seem best?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
From my experience last March, it seems as though it would take you longer to get a cab, than just walking to the hotel.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Wondering about the best way to get to and from FRA with luggage, relatively large with small wheels not well designed for rolling on city streets.

The train looks like a nice direct shot, and then taxi between the hotel and the local station (even though it is only a 5 minute walk)?

Does that seem best?
Cab from / to the airport to / from the hotel is about 50 euros. That could be best with bulky baggage since depending on the platform that the train uses in Mainz, there might not be escalators down to street level.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Its downhill from the "right" station (Römisches Theater), but a ten minute walk. I guess if I had a bag deficiency, I would take a taxi on my return to the station since even a good bag was a pain to pull up the slight climb. You probably would have more luck getting a taxi from the next station, be several more euros I suppose. And peteropny makes a very important point, the Römisches Theater station required me to negotiate stairs with my bag. I was not the only one, so I'm guessing I did not miss the elevator or escalator.

The FRA connection via train was easy enough that I would probably say it breaks down to those that should arrange a car pickup from the airport via the concierge, and the rest of us dragging our bags through the outer streets of Mainz to the hotel.

Last edited by traveling_again; Aug 12, 2012 at 7:14 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:33 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Cab from / to the airport to / from the hotel is about 50 euros. That could be best with bulky baggage since depending on the platform that the train uses in Mainz, there might not be escalators down to street level.
There are transfer agencies which offer the trip for about 40Euro.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Currently in hotel for 1 night. Had upgraded room to a suite using points (about 6 months ago) but received an email a few days ago explaining there had been a problem with overbooking and would we accept a club deluxe room. We weren't over happy but have been very pleased with hotel. We got points back from the upgrade, 6000 points compensation plus complimentary dinner in Bellpepper which was really good.

We look forward to returning (and hopefully being able to upgrade to a suite).
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Hard to book suite in Mainz

I have checked lots of weekends in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May 2013, but there does not seem to be any suites available...

Makes me wonder, could they all be already booked over this period?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BIndair
I have checked lots of weekends in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May 2013, but there does not seem to be any suites available...

I think the issue is Hyatt Mainz only has 2 suites (excluding the Presidential site).
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by BIndair

Suites are booked very solid in Mainz...

You can always ask for the club deluxe room, which is more or less a junior room and difficult to get as a regular upgrade.

Are their better opportunities for the upgrade certs. out there?

Absolutely...

Is it the best room you can get in Mainz for most of the time?

Absolutely, especially if you need a bit more space
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
Suites are booked very solid in Mainz...
You can always ask for the club deluxe room, which is more or less a junior room and difficult to get as a regular upgrade.
Are their better opportunities for the upgrade certs. out there?
Absolutely...
Is it the best room you can get in Mainz for most of the time?
Absolutely, especially if you need a bit more space
They are booked solid indeed, six months ahead..

But, in the meanwhile I found a date with suite. ^

Thanks 4 the info.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I am currently staying at the Hyatt Mainz, and unlike many here, I am less than impressed -- especially after a stay at the InterContinental Frankfurt the previous night.

On arrival around 5pm, my room was not yet ready, although that was quickly remedied by the front desk. I was informed that I was upgraded to a river-view room on the RC floor. It's not a bad size, but it's only about half the size of the room I had at the IC Frankfurt.

The hotel itself has a modern theme going on, which makes the presence of tube TVs all the more surprising. The amenity was a few pieces of fruit and two bottles of water. There were also several pieces of Toblerone in the room.

One disappointment was the RC lounge: When I went for appetizers during the evening, every table was taken. The RC lounge attended promised to call me in my room when a table opened up, but after half an hour of waiting with no call, my companion ventured into the lounge to look for himself -- and found a table free. (No such problems at the IC Frankfurt -- the lounge was twice as large, and never full.)

The food in the RC lounge was another disappointment. Tastes differ, of course, but there was only one offering that I found appealing, so after enjoying one glass of (quite excellent) wine, I left the lounge to go for a proper dinner. (Conversely, the food at the IC Frankfurt was enjoyable enough that after two plates and a few glasses of wine, I was satisfied.) It remains to be seen whether I'll encounter the same issues at breakfast in the morning.

The pillows are way too soft for my liking, so after doubling up on them, we called to ask if they had some firmer choices. There were none, but they did bring us an extra pillow instead.

Overall, it's a nice hotel, but on this occasion, my stay at the IC Frankfurt bests my stay at the Hyatt Mainz in every way, which comes as quite a surprise given the overall comments here.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:46 am
Suspended

The river view rooms at the Regency Mainz are actually more spacious in comparison to the IC Frankfurt, however their studios are more spacious.

The bathrooms of the river view rooms at the Regency take away quite some space, probably the most spacious bathroom on average in all of Germany. The city view and corner club deluxe rooms are different!

The RC is almost always full and especially on nice weekend days, guests enjoy the view and stay for quite some time.

Food and beverage is of high quality and not meant to serve as dinner, the quantity offered is lower in comparison to many other club lounges, but again, we are talking about an upscale atmosphere and not fried chicken central
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
I was there this weekend too! The bathrooms are huge and take up too much space. I had no Toblerone but some Werther's Originals as my Diamond Amenity!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
The bathrooms are huge and take up too much space.
For somebody from the UK, this is probably the case. @:-)

Reminds me of a joke from a speaker from a well-reputed British University at a conference some years ago, who commented that according to a recent article in The Times of London more than 50% of all hotel rooms in London now come with hot water...

Anyway, I appreciate the size of the bathroom, we are talking about a Hyatt after all... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.