Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
At the hotel now.......used points to book a Club room.
I assumed a booked Club room meant you were on the Club floor.
We are not!
We are on the 3rd floor. - with two very bruised apples as our Diamond amenity.
Not feeling overwhelmed with being treated like a Diamond member
But the young man in the Regency Club is a credit to Hyatt!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by frogss29
We are not!
They should have given you three apples!

Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by frogss29
We are not!
Why did you book a RC room as a Diamond ?

They probably gave you a river view room on a lower floor instead of a city view room on the RC floor. Happens every once in a while...

Actually a smart, pro-active move ^

I did not even get a room there last week, when the place was sold out from Monday to Friday. Did not force the issue with the Diamond guarantee at around $ 600

Generally, there is no difference between the river view rooms on the lower floors and the RC floor. City views are significantly smaller and some, if not all, have a smaller, less luxurious bathroom.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
GREAT Stay!

WOW-what a great city/hotel/stay!

Stayed here 7/20-23. Here are the highlights.

Pre arrival:
Sent an email to the hotel-had a response the same day from the guest coordinator. GREAT LADY! (I know we are not supposed to use names here-PM me if you want a contact) She had our connecting rooms in order-with an upgrade to a Rhine View-on the next-to-top floor on a sold out week! ^

Check in:
GREAT staff. The FDA (female) actually brought the luggage cart out and took the luggage. We had 7 suitcases-and she refused help! Check in was quick and efficient. Only 1 of the 2 rooms was ready-and they gave it to us. In the room was a gift of a rubber ducky and duck "towel" for my 17month old. (She LOVED it) Duck was free-paper to say you could purchase teh towel for 40Euros at the front desk!

Rooms: SPECTACULAR. Large (for Europe). Clean. Modern. In order...perfect for us.

Ammenity: Uh...what ammenity??? 2 crappy apples. Seriously? I plan to email the GM soon about the stay-and put this in the email.

Lounge: Great! We only ever went for bfast as dinner/desert was limited hours. (6-8pm) Bfast had extended saturday hours. Bfast was typical European continental plus extras. I did hear that 2 eggs overlight were delivered to our neighbors-and they were 7euro/per person.

Bar: GREAT bar scene!!!! We had drinks one night while our teenager watched the little one for a bit. SUPER EXPENSIVE though!

City: Mainz is an AWESOME city! The food is cheap, the market is GREAT! 3 days a week you can buy everything and anything you would want. If anyone needs help with Mainz city info, please feel free to PM me.

Overall: We will be back...next year!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:57 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
excellent

Upgraded to Executive suite w cert, excellent stay - good food/wine, great service, good room ^

More detail - room is excellent, good size and layout and very nice bathroom (huge tub ), although I personally don't go much on the TV station thing that they have in the rooms here, and also in the bedroom of the suite. I had the exec suite on the 6th floor, I think there is another one on the 5th floor plus the prez suite, so can see why it can be difficult to use certs here.

We ate in the restaurant twice for dinner, not cheap (each dinner was more than the room rate for two nights ) but very good service with a smile and a laugh and a similar attitude to making the guests happy that I saw in Istanbul last week.

One slightly sour note.... on the second evening, there were lots (as in about a dozen) men wandering around the 6th floor between the RC and the prez suite (end of corridor 2 rooms beyond my suite door). After an hour or so of wandering, about 4/5 of them congregated basically right outside my door with two of them sitting on the floor. After coming back from RC cocktails I noticed that they were talking with a staff member at the table that they had now installed outside our door, and I asked what was happening.... seems that some bigwig was staying in the prez suite and this was the security detail, which is fine with me but I was disappointed/surprised not to have been informed. No biggy, but not up to standard expected.

Will be back again later in the year and look forward to it.

answer to secret question - excellent

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Aug 25, 2011 at 1:36 pm Reason: extra post-stay comments
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:00 am

more of the same

so, the diamond amenity is now down to two green apples

but another great stay - they should give the people at HR Madeleine some lessons

^
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

but another great stay - they should give the people at HR Madeleine some lessons

^
I think I had a few more fruits than 2 apples
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I was there this past weekend. Diamond amenity was not in the room when I got in around 3:00PM. Called front desk and was informed the amenity will be delivered in the evening. When I returned from the Christmas market, the amenity was in the room - 3 small tangerines (very sweet and juicy).
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by totmode
I was there this past weekend. Diamond amenity was not in the room when I got in around 3:00PM. Called front desk and was informed the amenity will be delivered in the evening. When I returned from the Christmas market, the amenity was in the room - 3 small tangerines (very sweet and juicy).
What an upgrade! While tasty, I don't see it as an appropriate diamond amenity.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:17 am

Yeah the diamond amenity is a joke. I had my 4th stay recently and still didn't get an "upgrade" - just apples and tangerines... But at least the suite upgrade is good value at this property.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
How long does it take for the stay to post from this property? It has been a week since my checkout date and the stay has yet to be posted. I called GP today and was asked to call back in another week if the stay did not post.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by totmode
How long does it take for the stay to post from this property? It has been a week since my checkout date and the stay has yet to be posted. I called GP today and was asked to call back in another week if the stay did not post.
I had two stays last week where each posted in about 48 hours.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:14 am

two green apples....

sitting on the counter

Another great stay - my fifth in the last year, and my thanks for the small present

Bellpepper restaurant closed for January for renovation, so they had the end of the lounge nearest where it was setup as a restaurant with the Bellpepper menu... not a bad compromise, but we ended up eating in the bar anyway.

[and stay posted within 48 hours of checkout]
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
During a trip to Germany the last week of December I decided to try out the Hyatt Mainz instead of staying in my usual SPG hotel in Frankfurt before my return flight to the US. Overall a very nice hotel and nice rooms (especially the bathroom). Only negative comments would be the old tube TVs and the difficulty in finding the parking garage as a first time visitor. (NAV took me to the other side of the hotel.) On a very positive note, the dinner I had at Bellpepper was probably one of the better dinners I have had in a hotel restaurant in a while. Would stay there again just for the food!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:08 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The newly renovated Bellpepper looks very nice (reminds me somewhat of the Victor).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.