Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by tusflyer
I got a diamond upgrade to a regency suite in April for 7 nights, though most of my business will be in Frankfurt.

Does anyone who's been there have an opinion whether the suite at an average of EUR 115 per night is worth commuting to Frankfurt for?
I liked the property and for the 23 min ride to the airport, was ok for me. Not sure where in FRA that you need to be.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:53 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Phlebas
Follow the signs in the terminal to get to the trains. You want the regional trains area not the long-distance trains (the signs will so indicate once you are in the train station). Buy a ticket from the machine to Mainz (I think it's around 6 euros, not sure though). Take the S8 train to the "Mainz Rmisches Theater" stop. Note this is one stop before the main Mainz station. Train runs every half-hour, takes 23 minutes. Only about a 5-minute walk to the hotel from the Rmisches Theater station. Turn right when you exit the station, walk past the movie theater on your right, a block or two to Rheinstrasse, cross over, the hotel is to your left and directly on the river so your view of it is obscured by the buildings on Rheinstrasse.

Here's a link to a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.026157&z=16
The ticket is 3.90.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:54 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusflyer
I got a diamond upgrade to a regency suite in April for 7 nights, though most of my business will be in Frankfurt.

Does anyone who's been there have an opinion whether the suite at an average of EUR 115 per night is worth commuting to Frankfurt for?
We liked the suite in Mainz.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'll post a full review of the HR later, but I thought I would mention one thing...

The apples are still here
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
l'Occitane

Staying here next week, and wonder if they have l'Occitane like the other German Hyatts... anyone ? [really like both the Verbena and Three Oils and will take my own shampoo if necessary ]
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Staying here next week, and wonder if they have l'Occitane like the other German Hyatts... anyone ? [really like both the Verbena and Three Oils and will take my own shampoo if necessary ]
They did not when I stayed there recently.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
This is what was available when I stayed there in March.

Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Yes, unfortunately same crappy toiletries as at most other European Hyatts. I've got a stay there next week as well!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
This is what was available when I stayed there in March.
That's the stuff I had in Feb.

Last edited by peteropny; Apr 9, 2011 at 4:43 pm Reason: removal of quoted picture
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by crystak
Yes, unfortunately same crappy toiletries as at most other European Hyatts. I've got a stay there next week as well!
Crappy...

Why ?

More and more SPG - Luxury Collection properties are phasing in Waterl'eau toiletries as well...

http://www.waterleau.net/?cl=en

Certainly not as nice as Laura Tonatto, but we are talking about regular rooms at a Hyatt Regency and not the Park Milano...

http://www.lauratonatto.com/
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FD1971
Crappy...

Why ?
Maybe crappy is too tough a word but the texture and consistency reminds me of the cheap shampoo and shower gel you can buy from supermarkets in those big bottles and I'm not a fan of the smell either; personal preference I guess. I suppose I expected them to supply something better like L'Occitane (Hamburg) or Molton Brown (HR London) at least for the premier rooms/ suites not necessarily Blaise Mautin or Laura Tonatto.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Regency club open on weekends?

Is the club room open on Sat/Sun?? Will be arriving on a weekend.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Is the club room open on Sat/Sun?? Will be arriving on a weekend.
Yes, It will be open. That was the case when I was there on Saturday, 3/5.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 4:40 am

The price for worst diamond treatment goes to ...

Hyatt Regency Mainz wins my price for the worst diamond treatment ever. I did not even receive the green apples.

I made pictures and wrote a review in german on my blog which can be found here:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....frankfurt.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.