Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 4:52 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
The rooms on the 6th floor are renovated, incl. the Club Deluxe room(s). The suites will follow in 2016. All other floors will be renovated later on this year.
The Club deluxe are on other floors as well. 6th fllor is closed at the moment, club is offered in the M-Lounge.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by peter42
6th fllor is closed at the moment, club is offered in the M-Lounge.
'is' seems to be the magic word.

Floor and lounge are open and I strongly recommend to check them out asap.

Mainz is back, stronger than ever before. Despite appointments in Kelsterbach, I already changed some stays from the Sheraton over to Mainz for the upcoming months, which is not that smart per se, but it is worth it.

I really hope that they do not stop renovating and focus on Hamburg next.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed here last weekend. One of the new rooms on the 6th floor with a view of the Rhine. Room very nice and they have done a good job with the refurbishment. Got a very good weekend rate so very good value.

RC is good. No spirits available in evening but good choice of wine, beer and soft drinks. Food was pretty limited but service was very good.

Had breakfast in RC as we had an early flight. Perfectly adequate range of food available.

There is a supermarket near the hotel as well as a good selection of restaurants within walking distance.

Overall they have done a great job and will definitely be back again.

Hyatt Regency Mainz - lobby by Nigel Turner, on Flickr

Hyatt Regency Mainz - view from room by Nigel Turner, on Flickr

Hyatt Regency Mainz - room by Nigel Turner, on Flickr

Hyatt Regency Mainz - Regency Club by Nigel Turner, on Flickr

Hyatt Regency Mainz - exterior by Nigel Turner, on Flickr
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I just completed a quick one night stay in Mainz on the night before a return trip to the US. Would normally have stayed somewhere closer to the airport but with a need to push in a few nights to requalify for Diamond I booked the Hyatt Mainz instead.

As far as the hotel, room and staff are concerned I was very satisfied. Staff was welcoming and friendly, room was ok and the overall hotel is very nice. As a Diamond I was upgraded to the top floor with Regency Club access. Club was nice but nothing to write home about.

I personally think the main reason to stay here is the lovely Bellpepper restaurant!!! I remember how good it was from my past stay but overall I really think the option of eating dinner in the hotel really will push the hotel to the front of my preferred hotel list in the area. Food is excellent and probably at the top of the list of hotel restaurants I have eaten in. Service was very good if not a bit rushed for German standards. (I grew up bilingual so to them I was a German speaker and not an american who might want to eat quicker.)

So to summarize...room, service and hotel very nice but restaurant makes the stay!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by christianj
I just completed a quick one night stay in Mainz on the night before a return trip to the US. Would normally have stayed somewhere closer to the airport but with a need to push in a few nights to requalify for Diamond I booked the Hyatt Mainz instead.

As far as the hotel, room and staff are concerned I was very satisfied. Staff was welcoming and friendly, room was ok and the overall hotel is very nice. As a Diamond I was upgraded to the top floor with Regency Club access. Club was nice but nothing to write home about.

I personally think the main reason to stay here is the lovely Bellpepper restaurant!!! I remember how good it was from my past stay but overall I really think the option of eating dinner in the hotel really will push the hotel to the front of my preferred hotel list in the area. Food is excellent and probably at the top of the list of hotel restaurants I have eaten in. Service was very good if not a bit rushed for German standards. (I grew up bilingual so to them I was a German speaker and not an american who might want to eat quicker.)

So to summarize...room, service and hotel very nice but restaurant makes the stay!
Thanks for the update! We check out the renovated rooms soon. Could you let us know what the RC offering was at night during your stay, any hot options?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by LVO
Could you let us know what the RC offering was at night during your stay, any hot options?
Sadly I'm not going to be much help! I stopped in the RC before dinner to see if they had anything I wanted to drink prior to going down to the restaurant to eat but since they only had wine I didn't stay. (I wanted a G+T which I had in the restaurant.) I think they had some salads and some other food options but other than a quick glance I didn't take notice of the specifics because I was looking forward to eating in the restaurant. Sorry! For breakfast I stopped in and quickly grabbed a coffee and a roll with sliced meat and cheese since I'm not a big breakfast eater.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
A friend and I had a lovely stay here back in October. We were proactively upgraded to a top floor renovated room with a gorgeous river view.

As for the lounge, I don't remember much beyond developing a fondness for Nik-Naks, but I do recall a hot soup on offer every night.

I agree with the reviews of Bellpepper. Mighty impressive breakfast spread, and we chose to have it here rather than the lounge.

What I loved most about this hotel was the warmth and kindness of the staff. Everyone - from the time we checked in to our last day - made certain our stay was special.

As an aside - don't miss the Chagall windows at St Stephan's Church!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I was here two weeks ago, starting a Europe trip here. Photo of my 6th floor club level room:

Nice tree in the lobby, too, and I enjoyed the Christmas Market.

Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by wcrhkd

...but I do recall a hot soup on offer every night.
They have a hot soup on offer every night, I fondly remember a cream of squash soup offered in October this year.

Two-three high quality cold meat and/or fish options plus one-two salads round up the offer for evening service.

The bread is outstanding as well, so it is easy to quit Bellpepper altogether.

As pointed out so often before, it is the most consistent Hyatt property in Germany since years, which speaks for the GM and GMA.

Sadly, the person in charge of Bellpepper during the morning hours crossed the river to work for the crane again.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
The bread is outstanding as well, so it is easy to quit Bellpepper altogether.
If your passing on dinner at Bellpepper because of the bread in the RC I think you might want to reevaluate your eating habits! Seriously, Germany is generally known for very good bread so most places should have good bread.....I would also assume that the bread supply for the RC is the same as it is for the restaurant.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Update: Received a reply from the hotel saying that they do have a standard policy of accepting a Diamond Suite Upgrade for upgrade to the Club Deluxe Room, and we are now confirmed for that, with further upgrade to the suite in the (rather unlikely) event that it becomes available.
I have a June stay planned and there are no suites available. I asked to use my DSU for a Club Deluxe (which allows 3 of us in one room) but the hotel has responded that DSU is not valid for Club Deluxe rooms. Anyone know if this is a change in policy?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The only rule there is is that a DSU gets you the entry level suite..... and especially since the hotel gets no value out of a DSU the rest is upto them. So if they say no, that's it... you could offer to pay an upcharge, that might give you some value.

Last edited by RTW1; Jan 17, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by NJNY
I have a June stay planned and there are no suites available. I asked to use my DSU for a Club Deluxe (which allows 3 of us in one room) but the hotel has responded that DSU is not valid for Club Deluxe rooms. Anyone know if this is a change in policy?

Thanks!
It's not that non-renovated rooms should be avoided at any time. I am still ok with rooms. if a DSU does not work becasue their only DSU suite is already taken I would book a standard room and ask for an additional rollaway bed. They will upgrade you as Diamond (probably) to a room facing the Rhine and that room can also accomodate on extra bed. Either renovated or not all the rooms are not huge.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LVO
It's not that non-renovated rooms should be avoided at any time. I am still ok with rooms. if a DSU does not work becasue their only DSU suite is already taken I would book a standard room and ask for an additional rollaway bed. They will upgrade you as Diamond (probably) to a room facing the Rhine and that room can also accomodate on extra bed. Either renovated or not all the rooms are not huge.
Yes I'm Diamond but we will have a 14-year old with us. The regular room only allows 2 adults plus a child 12 or under.. so we will have to book 2 rooms. Club Deluxe would have allowed the 3 of us in one room.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by NJNY
Yes I'm Diamond but we will have a 14-year old with us. The regular room only allows 2 adults plus a child 12 or under.. so we will have to book 2 rooms. Club Deluxe would have allowed the 3 of us in one room.
aha, well I know they had a offer where you received 50% of for the 2nd room. I would check with them if they can still offer that to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.