Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mainz - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2005, 4:48 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ben20
The Rhineview rooms at HR Mainz are the best hotel rooms in Mainz.

When I have a fair in Frankfurt I always pick the Hyatt.

Instead of Diamond upgrade to Clubroom (waste-view) , I ask a rhineview room on lower level with club access.

But I refuse to eat again in Bellpepper! (despite having Gourmet Club card).
LAst time they did not even have a simple semi-sec white wine available; and that for this region!
Never had problems of that kind at the Bellpeper, just in case talk to the manager, he is pretty good in taking care of problems.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:30 am

I stayed last month in the Hyatt Mainz for the first time. I was able to use a suite upgrade certificate. The hotel is very nice, especially the location near the river. I received some fruits as amenity. Lounge access was granted without any problem. Wife and myself liked the lounge very much - nice ambience.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is very nice with the open cuisine. Unfortunately, I didn't like the food and beverages. Nor did my wife. But that's only our personal taste. Additionally, service was very slow.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott Life-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, UA ex-1K, Avis ex-Chairman
I stayed there twice and absolutely enjoyed the place. I didn't eat there though. Instead, I got excellent restaurant suggestions
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Questions

As a first time visitor to Germany would you all advise The Mainz or sticking to Frankfurt exclusively based on access to the Frankfurt Airport and the client.

Is the area in which the hotel is located have much to do?
Will they be annoyed if I set up part of the meeting there at the Hyatt?
Perhaps saying it is to far?
I know their corporate office is based out of Frankfurt which I will also have to visit at least once during my stay

After all it's Faster Free Nights Time coming up and I didn't really want to the stay at the referred Hilton in Frankfurt did I?

Thanks all for the advice ^
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Is the area in which the hotel is located have much to do?
Will they be annoyed if I set up part of the meeting there at the Hyatt?
Perhaps saying it is to far?
This also depends how long your meeting is. For a longer meeting, IMO it is ok to argue to come to Mainz as the river is in front of the hotel and the promenade/surrounding can be used for breaks.

If you need meeting facilities from/in the hotel, then I would go to the Hilton Frankfurt, the Marriott Frankfurt or the IC Frankfurt as meetings are better organised by these hotels.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by LH738
This also depends how long your meeting is. For a longer meeting, IMO it is ok to argue to come to Mainz as the river is in front of the hotel and the promenade/surrounding can be used for breaks.

If you need meeting facilities from/in the hotel, then I would go to the Hilton Frankfurt, the Marriott Frankfurt or the IC Frankfurt as meetings are better organised by these hotels.
Thank you for your reply
How far would you say the Hilton is from the Hyatt? I take it you consider the Hyatt to be in a more enjoyable location then the Hilton.
The Hilton was their original selection.
I think either would be adequate for our purposes.
It is much easier to make these decisions when one is familar with that city or had stay experience within the properties.
I take it you have had both !
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:27 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thank you for your reply
How far would you say the Hilton is from the Hyatt? I take it you consider the Hyatt to be in a more enjoyable location then the Hilton.
The Hilton was their original selection.
I think either would be adequate for our purposes.
It is much easier to make these decisions when one is familar with that city or had stay experience within the properties.
I take it you have had both !
I was talking about the Hilton Frankfurt which is about 45min by subway away.
I'm not sure if you are comparing the Hilton Frankfurt to the Hyatt or one of the Hilton hotels in Mainz. These hotels are located in an area within short driving distance by taxi.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by LH738
I was talking about the Hilton Frankfurt which is about 45min by subway away.
I'm not sure if you are comparing the Hilton Frankfurt to the Hyatt or one of the Hilton hotels in Mainz. These hotels are located in an area within short driving distance by taxi.
Yes the Hilton Frankfurt.45 minutes might be pushing it during the work week for all.
I take it that would still be somewhat further by car and traffic.....
Thanks for the heads up
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
I spent Friday night at the Mainz Hyatt rather than chance a tight connection and fool around with the multiple security checks in FRA on a Saturday morning again. My comments:

Diamonds - I am not really sure whether they recognize status at all. All I got were blank looks, although they did have me on the sixth (top) floor.

Gym - Very annoying Hyatt habit of closing the gym after 6PM and not opening it until 8AM continues here. I don't know about you, but I am working and not available to exercise from 8 to 6.

Room Service - Food was good, the service was quick.

Rooms - small and trying a little too hard to be hip, but the bathrooms are large and have all the expected amenities. Bed was good. T-Mobile wireless in my room.

Service - Courteous, no complaints.

Location - nice view of the river, but the directions from the train station above are not particularly accurate, so user beware.

To/From FRA airport by train - I decided that I had time on my hands, so I took the train and used the directions posted above. I ended up just asking for help from passersby once I exited the train station, and made it from my seat on the plane to the checkin desk in 43 minutes. 3.30 Euros plus annoying wander around deserted area at night.

To/From Airport by Taxi - A sharpish 23 minutes early Satuday morning, however, the cabbie didn't take credit cards for some reason, so I had to scrape up the 45 Euros from bits and bobs among my pockets and bag. Beware.

The hotel seemed to be in a ghost town this trip, although it is probably an anomalie. Dark and deserted neighborhood at night, foggy and cold. I saw only four other guests at the hotel, and two of them were in the Regency club at breakfast. I don't know why.

The manager left a nice letter of welcome and the details of the hotel that you usually find in the folio. Also some nice peaches in a bowl above the minibar.

I would stay there again, hoping for nicer weather next time.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:34 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wilbur
I spent Friday night at the Mainz Hyatt rather than chance a tight connection and fool around with the multiple security checks in FRA on a Saturday morning again. My comments:

Diamonds - I am not really sure whether they recognize status at all. All I got were blank looks, although they did have me on the sixth (top) floor.

Gym - Very annoying Hyatt habit of closing the gym after 6PM and not opening it until 8AM continues here. I don't know about you, but I am working and not available to exercise from 8 to 6.
The Gym in Mainz is open until 10pm on weekdays and 9pm on weekends.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:42 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
-I actually stayed recently - always get a room with a Rhine view. If the weather is nice, people gather on the banks and in front of the restaurant side. You want to be away from that side if you want quiet.

-RC is not that large but enjoyable: food, drink selection and concierges are very helpful

-You can eat in the Fort which is a great experience although the menu is rather limited. The next best choice would be the pub on the water in front of the hotel

-City center is walking distance. All kinds of food. Come back along the Rhine River and enjoy some architecture.

-Swimming pool is rather small but equipped with jacuzzi and enough chairs to relax.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:02 am

For a 2 night stay in Frankfurt, would you guys suggest Hyatt Mainz or a nice hotel in city center of Frankfurt? We're thinking of going to Mainz as well, but necessarily stay there.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
For a 2 night stay in Frankfurt, would you guys suggest Hyatt Mainz or a nice hotel in city center of Frankfurt? We're thinking of going to Mainz as well, but necessarily stay there.
-The view from the Mainz Hyatt on the Rhine River is quite nice
-You can walk to the old town and come back to the hotel along the Rhine
-The hotel has an interesting Red fort - Malakoff - nice for an outside dinner if the weather permits. There is also a cafe on the Rhine in front of the hotel
-Swimming pool and health club
-If you have access to RC, there is some very nice appetizer with goat cheese and better than average wine. RC has view on the Rhine and I like to see the barges going by and have some nice white German wine.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 8:01 pm

Any recent Mainz RC thoughts.....

I searched but did not find -

I have a one night stay there in early Nov. with a client with a 2PM flight out of FRA the next day. Neither has Hyatt status but will book RC room.

I wanted to get the most recent thoughts on food / beer / liqour. This client likes clubs and can eat there if need be. It would help our proposal to keep him there. Is the food close to substantial enough or is it crackers and nuts and the like ?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
My recollection is that it's pretty thin, crackers, pretzels, the like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.