Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coleslaw
As you note, business travel is basically non existent right now. As is most international to US recreational travel.

The “100% full flights” also needs to be looked at in context of schedules being *massively* reduced, with fewer frequencies and more routes now requiring people to connect to get to their destinations.
Data goes a long way these days

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

Closer to "almost 0% empty" vs. "almost 100% full" the last few days if we want to be technical
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Data goes a long way these days

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

Closer to "almost 0% empty" vs. "almost 100% full" the last few days if we want to be technical
Now compare that to the start of the pandemic when travel was at 4%. I’d argue any day that travel has grown back exponentially since then.

What portion of those 2019 and 2020 travelers were business travelers? As I’d factor those out for any foreseeable future because businesses have mostly converted to “smart offices” and telecommuting.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
And what is the „Hyatt promotion“ around this discussion? Do I get double EQN on a full flight, or the club award be used to upgrade?
skj likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
And what is the „Hyatt promotion“ around this discussion? Do I get double EQN on a full flight, or the club award be used to upgrade?
On the Double EQN, 50% Reduced Globalist Requirements and the Bonus Journeys Promo.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:31 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Good question ! It would be nice if people reread the first post in this thread occasionally and kept this type of discussion out of it as requested.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Does anyone think Bonus Journeys will be extended or replaced at the end of the month? I'm trying to decide between Marriott and Hyatt for an upcoming 6 nights, and the double points are leaning me into the MR camp this go around.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does anyone think Bonus Journeys will be extended or replaced at the end of the month? I'm trying to decide between Marriott and Hyatt for an upcoming 6 nights, and the double points are leaning me into the MR camp this go around.
At this point it’s unlikely to happen by the end of the month (since it’s just over a week away). Maybe we’ll get something by mid March?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:48 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I doubt it, but why don't you just book both and then cancel the one with the less compelling promo just before your free cancellation window closes?
cfabar1 and wh6cto like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
New Break Away with Bonus Journeys promo for Mar - June

Is everyone else very disappointed with Hyatt's new Break Away with Bonus Journeys promo for March to June? I admit that the Jan-Feb Bonus Journeys promo was almost unbelievably generous, but the new promo doesn't even come CLOSE to replacing it. Spending $4,000 on a 4-night stay with food at a luxury Hyatt resort under the previous promo with a Hyatt credit card would yield 60,000 EXTRA bonus points (in essence, with a Hyatt card, you'd earn about double what you'd earn without the promo). The new promo would yield 5,000 bonus points on the same stay, or nearly 12x fewer bonus points. (Even stranger, spending just $320 on a 4 night stay at an inexpensive Hyatt Place would also yield 5,000 bonus points with the new promo.) Considering that Marriott is running a double-points promotion through April 27, it seems like Hyatt went from the best hotel brand to stay at in terms of rewards-back to one of the worst. And since it's a flat 2,500 points per two nights, it greatly favors staying at inexpensive Hyatts where customers spend less money. Am I missing something?
-Hank
Old Feb 26, 2021, 3:19 am

Is these codes are working and any one have new promotional codes for Hyatt hotel. I want these because i have to book the hotel in upcoming days

Thanks in Advance
Ali Sami Farooq
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:10 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by alisamifarooq
Is these codes are working and any one have new promotional codes for Hyatt hotel. I want these because i have to book the hotel in upcoming days

Thanks in Advance
Ali Sami Farooq
there are no codes for the current promotions. You just need to register.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ead_1_en_feb21
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Rephrased check above.

I invest heavily in airline stocks so I’m checking TSA numbers almost daily. I see many days where the number of travelers is close to half of pre-pandemic numbers. Considering that business travel is on hiatus right now for the most part that’s almost all leisure travel.

I’ve been one 8 flights in the last 30 days and they’ve all been at 100% capacity as they’re no longer blocking middle seats.

Also, nice of you to take one small snippet of my post to drop your regards on rather than the whole post.
Smart people seldom invest in airline stock. Not blocking middle seat? Delta does and the others stopped a long time ago, because they culled their fleet and employees. No concern for pass, just bottom dollar.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Hankle
Is everyone else very disappointed with Hyatt's new Break Away with Bonus Journeys promo for March to June? I admit that the Jan-Feb Bonus Journeys promo was almost unbelievably generous, but the new promo doesn't even come CLOSE to replacing it. Spending $4,000 on a 4-night stay with food at a luxury Hyatt resort under the previous promo with a Hyatt credit card would yield 60,000 EXTRA bonus points (in essence, with a Hyatt card, you'd earn about double what you'd earn without the promo). The new promo would yield 5,000 bonus points on the same stay, or nearly 12x fewer bonus points. (Even stranger, spending just $320 on a 4 night stay at an inexpensive Hyatt Place would also yield 5,000 bonus points with the new promo.) Considering that Marriott is running a double-points promotion through April 27, it seems like Hyatt went from the best hotel brand to stay at in terms of rewards-back to one of the worst. And since it's a flat 2,500 points per two nights, it greatly favors staying at inexpensive Hyatts where customers spend less money. Am I missing something?
-Hank
If I had caught the previous promo, I would have moved all of my stays to Hyatt that could be moved. I didn't catch it so I didn't move it. I have moved all of my business to Marriott under the B2G promo until the end of April for sure. With this Hyatt promo, I am not even considering them unless there is not a Marriott. We know that is not going to happen, so they did not capture any market share with this promo.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
If I had caught the previous promo, I would have moved all of my stays to Hyatt that could be moved. I didn't catch it so I didn't move it. I have moved all of my business to Marriott under the B2G promo until the end of April for sure. With this Hyatt promo, I am not even considering them unless there is not a Marriott. We know that is not going to happen, so they did not capture any market share with this promo.
Okay, I'm glad to hear that you're doing the same thing I plan on doing, and I'm not crazy. I would have stayed at Hyatt exclusively with the previous Bonus Journeys promo they were running, but not with this new promo. I just ran some quick numbers and it looks like if I, say, spend $4,000 to stay 7 nights at the Hyatt Thompson Cape in Cabo with the Chase Hyatt card under the old promo, I'd get about ~$1,683 worth of points back. Under the new promo, I'd get ~$790 worth of points back. But, if I spend $4,000 at the Marriott Solaz Los Cabos with the Bonvoy Brilliant Amex, I'd get ~$1,732 worth of points back under the Marriott double points promo, which is close to the old Hyatt promo and lasts until Apr 27.
-Hank
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hankle
Okay, I'm glad to hear that you're doing the same thing I plan on doing, and I'm not crazy. I would have stayed at Hyatt exclusively with the previous Bonus Journeys promo they were running, but not with this new promo. I just ran some quick numbers and it looks like if I, say, spend $4,000 to stay 7 nights at the Hyatt Thompson Cape in Cabo with the Chase Hyatt card under the old promo, I'd get about ~$1,683 worth of points back. Under the new promo, I'd get ~$790 worth of points back. But, if I spend $4,000 at the Marriott Solaz Los Cabos with the Bonvoy Brilliant Amex, I'd get ~$1,732 worth of points back under the Marriott double points promo, which is close to the old Hyatt promo and lasts until Apr 27.
-Hank
If going for the highest absolute return on spend is most important to you, Hyatt isn't likely to lead in that regard going forward (the recent promo was one where they did, which was great for all that took advantage of it).

IMO your benefits will be a lot better at a Hyatt relative to a Marriott, and that $4K spend would go a loooong way towards lifetime status w/Hyatt...spend is irrelevant in that regard for Marriott (might as well just stay at endless Courtyards and Residence Inns to get there).

YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.