Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Snap! Stayed here over the weekend & was upgraded from 1 bedroom bayview to 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath loft, bay view suite; wow! Great location, fantastic bay views of Alcatraz, stunning room, great concierge service, & loved using the in-town limo. Thanks to this thread & Nyx.t2t for F&F! As a local, not sure I would have booked the Residences without the discount & now, can't wait for another event/excuse to stay again.^
We're locals, too, and I agree, without the promo, we would not have stayed here. This is a 100% discretionary stay. Since posting earlier today, we decided to add one more night to our current stay because we can't bear to check out tomorrow! Kudos to Fairmont for creating such an innovative promotion, while motivating and rewarding their employees in the process. When the books are written about the great recession of this era, perhaps Fairmont should be mentioned as one of the more creative marketing schemes to fill rooms that would have gone unsold.
Old May 5, 2009, 5:57 am

Not working for me

Since stumbling upon this thread, I have anxiously been counting down the days until my hotel and dates would fall in the 90-day window, which happened last week (Seattle: July 29-August 1). But the code is not taking! I called the hotel, who advised me that there was no convention or other special event, and that there was lots of availability. As the 90-day window moves, I also need Lake Louise in the first week of August, and Vancouver thereafter. Is this code going to work for me?
Old May 5, 2009, 6:29 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
The rates are meant to fill up empty rooms. The chances that a hotel has no Friends & Family rates during the summer, or only offer them at increased prices is the reality of trying to book these rates during high season.

But when they are available, they are super deals!
Old May 5, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
What's the max number of rooms that can be booked under this promo? I need six rooms in Chicago for the last weekend in May. The NFAF rate comes up when I search for one room. Can I just repeat six times?
Old May 5, 2009, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by jbatl
What's the max number of rooms that can be booked under this promo? I need six rooms in Chicago for the last weekend in May. The NFAF rate comes up when I search for one room. Can I just repeat six times?
For sure. I see nowhere stated that there is a limit!
Old May 5, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by jbatl
There is no limit to the amount of rooms you can book. If you do it that way, make sure you make them under different names or after making the reservations, call reservations and tell them that you actually need 6 rooms or they may think they are duplicate reservations.

have fun!
Old May 5, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Correct, there is no limit but it IS stated that there are no group and company bookings allowed in their terms. Be careful when booking a large number of rooms. Make it clear that you are not booking it for your company or whatever.

Cheers

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
There is no limit to the amount of rooms you can book. If you do it that way, make sure you make them under different names or after making the reservations, call reservations and tell them that you actually need 6 rooms or they may think they are duplicate reservations.

have fun!
Old May 5, 2009, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Correct, there is no limit but it IS stated that there are no group and company bookings allowed in their terms. Be careful when booking a large number of rooms. Make it clear that you are not booking it for your company or whatever.

Cheers
Absolutely. Just a group of guys headed to Chicago for a bachelor party. Not sure on names yet. I will book six rooms under one name and then call as you advised. Thanks!
Old May 5, 2009, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The rates are meant to fill up empty rooms. The chances that a hotel has no Friends & Family rates during the summer, or only offer them at increased prices is the reality of trying to book these rates during high season.
For some reason, up until July 25th the NFAF works for Seattle, but on the 26th, no dice! All dates in July are "high season", and I'm not even looking for the weekend, so I wonder why the disappointing results.

PS: tomorrow is the 'first Wednesday of the month" so the FPC (fairmont president's club) should have promotions available tomorrow morning.
Old May 5, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sequitur
Since stumbling upon this thread, I have anxiously been counting down the days until my hotel and dates would fall in the 90-day window, which happened last week (Seattle: July 29-August 1). But the code is not taking! I called the hotel, who advised me that there was no convention or other special event, and that there was lots of availability. As the 90-day window moves, I also need Lake Louise in the first week of August, and Vancouver thereafter. Is this code going to work for me?
The availability of the F&F rate changes all the time. I just rebooked into the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa at a better rate then my original booking. I'm heading there in late May and my original booking was made the frist week this promo came out. My advice: Check back often and don't give up! You have to remember this promo is to increase occupancy rates but not to give away rooms that would normally sell out anyway.
Old May 5, 2009, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by epost77
The availability of the F&F rate changes all the time. I just rebooked into the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa at a better rate then my original booking. I'm heading there in late May and my original booking was made the frist week this promo came out. My advice: Check back often and don't give up! You have to remember this promo is to increase occupancy rates but not to give away rooms that would normally sell out anyway.
This is very true. Just today, I found NFAF rates at two hotels that were in the 90-day window when the promo began but did not show any availability at that time.
Old May 5, 2009, 7:49 pm

Couple of Questions

(1) One of the hotels I want to book shows availability at the nfaf rate beyond the 90 day window. Am I safe booking a room at the nfaf rate beyond the 90 day period?

(2) For other hotels, should I book one night at a time as my dates come up or should I wait until I can book the entire reservation at once? I'm concerned that availability will disappear in August unless I act quickly.
Old May 5, 2009, 8:45 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I'm at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston right now. Lovely hotel, and very nice staff.

When checking in they noticed I had two reservations and wondered which I wanted to cancel (I was sure I'd canceled one, but guess not.) They said one was for/from J---- B---- and the other from/for S---- N-. Hmmm. Didn't think they had that information. I had them cancel the J---- B---- because she is one of the original internet posters, and kept the reservation from the FTer on this board. Other than that, no problem.

Anybody staying here, take the airport shuttle bus #66 to the water taxi to the hotel dock. $10.
Old May 5, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by lili
I'm at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston right now. Lovely hotel, and very nice staff.

When checking in they noticed I had two reservations and wondered which I wanted to cancel (I was sure I'd canceled one, but guess not.) They said one was for/from J---- B---- and the other from/for S---- N-. Hmmm. Didn't think they had that information. I had them cancel the J---- B---- because she is one of the original internet posters, and kept the reservation from the FTer on this board. Other than that, no problem.

Anybody staying here, take the airport shuttle bus #66 to the water taxi to the hotel dock. $10.

Hope someone didn't miss out on getting a room. :/

Ron.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: Qantas FF, SPG, Accor, President's Club
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by epost77
True, but be very careful with existing bookings that you want to change online.

I wanted to change a booking for July to add a 3rd person (no extra charge, just wanted to do the right thing and let the hotel know we had 3, not 2, in the room) and when I did so and confirmed online, the original great rate I had obtained disappeared!

*cue minor heart attack*

I called Toll free Reservations and after 10 mins of fiddling, she got me back the original rate by talking direct to the hotel - excellent service and a big sigh of relief there.

Lesson 1: if you must change something, call the hotel direct, don't use the online booking system to do it.

Lesson 2: I have a feeling I'm going to be staying at more Fairmont properties - their staff ooze professionalism and happiness in their work and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.