[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by choptliva
There were a number of reports of success in the Vancouver area (see first few pages of this thread), including airport, downtown, and waterfront...
But you do realize, I assume, that Victoria and Whistler are not really in Vancouver, right?
Yes they're not really in Vancouver but close enough Curiously, there seems to be the highest concentrations of Fairmont properties in the Vancouver area...

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I love the Fairmont Whistler. Great hotel
Just might have to book a night or two there to check it out, thanks! ^
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by cspcrx
Yes they're not really in Vancouver but close enough Curiously, there seems to be the highest concentrations of Fairmont properties in the Vancouver area...

Just might have to book a night or two there to check it out, thanks! ^
The Vancouver Airport Fairmont wins tons and tons of awards every year. I have never stayed there, but it must be something special.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by cspcrx

The Empress is one of those grand dames. You wanna get a bigger room though. We had a junior suite last time and it was marvelous, with views of the harbour. The layout inside, esp the hallways, reminded me so much of the "Overlook Hotel" in The Shining. Kept imagining these two little girls saying, "Come play with us!" Creepy... BTW, the Bengal lounge serves this really excellent curry buffet. And afternoon tea.... ^

Hotel Vancouver is very nice. Service is excellent, and location is good.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
you have to wait till the entire 5 days of your stay is open or the system will tell you the room is unavailable at the rate. You can try each night of the stay period you want to see what dates are open. They usually open approx 90 days out and based on availability.
The first day of my stay (7/29) came within the 90-day window today, but the NFAF didn't take yet. I tried a few days earlier (7/27) and it also didn't work, but the WEEK before (7/24) DID work. I guess this isn't an exact science, but I'm going to be stressing if it doesn't change by Monday.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
OTOH it could be that there is no availability for the period you want, even when it's within the 90-day window.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by choptliva
OTOH it could be that there is no availability for the period you want, even when it's within the 90-day window.
That's probably the case.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Interesting Scenario. I needed the Fairmont Vancouver for tomorrow night. The cheapest F+F rate I could find was 179 a night. However, if I booked tonight and tomorrow night, I got the rate of 139 per night. So I booked both nights, and called customer service to cancel tonight (thus keeping tomorrows reservation at 139 per night). Customer service couldnt do it (one of the rudest agents I have ever had - which is rare), but transferred me to the hotel, who gladly cancelled tonight and kept me at the 139 rate for tomorrow night.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:30 pm

Interesting. Their system seems to be a little wonky lately (including their staff). I've had someone tell me they can't seem to get special rates for Fairmont Singapore within the 90 day window but when they called it they told the person that their hotel doesn't have a family and friends rate.

Interesting Scenario. I needed the Fairmont Vancouver for tomorrow night. The cheapest F+F rate I could find was 179 a night. However, if I booked tonight and tomorrow night, I got the rate of 139 per night. So I booked both nights, and called customer service to cancel tonight (thus keeping tomorrows reservation at 139 per night). Customer service couldnt do it (one of the rudest agents I have ever had - which is rare), but transferred me to the hotel, who gladly cancelled tonight and kept me at the 139 rate for tomorrow night.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Interesting. Their system seems to be a little wonky lately (including their staff). I've had someone tell me they can't seem to get special rates for Fairmont Singapore within the 90 day window but when they called it they told the person that their hotel doesn't have a family and friends rate.
Most of the employees dont know about it. My friend's wedding is in Jasper. The rate they offered for all of their guests was 100 per night more than the NFAF rate, and the hotel told them that they were not allowed to use the NFAF rate (for employees ONLY they said). So my friend just emailed all of the guests at the wedding and had them book online. No problems. In this case, the wedding coordinator clearly had an incentive to sell the rooms at a higheer price.
Old May 1, 2009, 1:39 pm

Most of the employees dont know about it. My friend's wedding is in Jasper. The rate they offered for all of their guests was 100 per night more than the NFAF rate, and the hotel told them that they were not allowed to use the NFAF rate (for employees ONLY they said). So my friend just emailed all of the guests at the wedding and had them book online. No problems. In this case, the wedding coordinator clearly had an incentive to sell the rooms at a higheer price.
They definitely get a cut from that. I believe they get something like 10% commission on the sale of rooms and 5% on food and beverage. Something like that.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:32 pm

now THIS is disgusting!!
selling the instructions to book the f and f deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Plaza-Hotel-...QQcmdZViewItem
and the reason hotels like thes pull deals!

same person hotelier21 is seling the free night from the hyatt current promo

could he be one of us?
Old May 1, 2009, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
now THIS is disgusting!!
Quite, especially since the Plaza USD$239 rate has been gone for weeks.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:57 pm

Oh wow... does he expect to get $25+ for that? Isn't the $10 incentive enough for him? It's hard to report him too since he doesn't actually give a booker ID number or anything in the auction unless you WIN the auction.

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
now THIS is disgusting!!
selling the instructions to book the f and f deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Plaza-Hotel-...QQcmdZViewItem
and the reason hotels like thes pull deals!

same person hotelier21 is seling the free night from the hyatt current promo

could he be one of us?
Old May 1, 2009, 3:01 pm

Looks like there's only a HOTELIER101 and a hotelierLA on here. But I guess he/she could easily have a different username. What makes them think they can sell it when it's being distributed by so many Fairmont employees out there anyway?
Old May 1, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Just checked into Fairmont Orchid on Hawaii's Big Island. F&F at $139. Fabulous property, spacious slightly dated room, partial ocean view. Great way to relax after MR from lax-yvr-koa-yvr-koa-yvr-koa-yvr-koa. My ankles are still swollen, but I love those miles! Thx to all FTers who helped me get here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.