Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by whistler
Third to last post says their are owned, along with otels.com, by Gilliver's Travel.
Gulliver's Travel. Good company many travel agents use so a known quantity.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:10 am

Thanks nyx.t2t

Thanks for the id.We enjoyed a stay at Fairmont Copley this August. My apologies for not contacting you sooner.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Unfortunately, the NFAF code does not appear to be valid beyond December 31, 2009. I was looking to book Fairmont Waterfront for mid January. Without the NFAF rate, Fairmont is more or less the same price as Four Seasons (<C$20/day). So I have booked FS for now unless something better from Fairmont comes up later.

P.S. How was your Asian trip?

Got a booking in January at the Fairmont Maya Rivera, Mexico with this rate..No issue...
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I have bookings up to March. At Swissotels even...
Old Oct 18, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Just wanted to remind everyone that this promotion with the NFAF code has only been advertised to the staff as being valid until December 31, 2009 (which means reservations must be consumed before this date). I have been noticing a number of people making reservations for 2010. Just wanted to make sure you are all aware of this so there are no surpises if in fact the hotels do not grant the reseravations under this promotion in 2010. My fingers are crossed that they do and that this promotion is extended though!
Sent you a pm. Thanks for the assistance.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by whistler
I used them to book a stay at the Strathcona two years ago and all went well. Also used them to book a stay at the Fairmont Waterfront coming up in November. Had used them to book the Strathcona in Toronto again in November but decided to use the NFAF to stay at the Yrk instead.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...-otel-com.html

Third to last post says their are owned, along with otels.com, by Gulliver's Travel.
Thanks. I was able to secure a very good rate at the Four Seasons Vancouver for mid January 2010 directly with hotel so I am not going to disturb it but shall keep this site in mind for the next trip.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Silvercity
Got a booking in January at the Fairmont Maya Rivera, Mexico with this rate..No issue...
Good for you. Have a great trip! The NFAF code did not work for Fairmont Waterfront for January 2010. I have tried several different dates. It may be that the hotel has simply "blacked out" the availability for this rate at that time. I was able to secure a very good rate at the Four Seasons Vancouver at slightly cheaper than the comparable room rate at the Fairmont Waterfront.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Good for you. Have a great trip! The NFAF code did not work for Fairmont Waterfront for January 2010. I have tried several different dates. It may be that the hotel has simply "blacked out" the availability for this rate at that time. I was able to secure a very good rate at the Four Seasons Vancouver at slightly cheaper than the comparable room rate at the Fairmont Waterfront.
NFAF is supposed to only go through the end of this year.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:52 pm

Parents used the NFAF code (and appropriate booker ID) for the Fairmont Battery Wharf this past week with great success. They said the hotel was absolutely fabulous, and included a harbor view.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Oct 19, 2009 at 7:05 am Reason: removed rate info as per terms
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Wonder why some NFAF reservations into '10 are working while others aren't. Tech glitch?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:38 am

Talking Many thanks to nyx.t2t

Thanks for the code and id - my brother enjoyed his stay.

Looking forward to the Plaza!

Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
Wonder why some NFAF reservations into '10 are working while others aren't. Tech glitch?
It appears to be the case but the below post also cautioned that the hotels may not have to, and appear to be under no obligation to honour bookings using the NFAF code beyond December 31, 2009.

As we are already in the 3rd week of October, one would think if Fairmont is going to offer something similar for 2010, we'd have known by now. Having said that, Fairmont has a Winter Sale on right now but the rates are not as good as the NFAF rates.

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Just wanted to remind everyone that this promotion with the NFAF code has only been advertised to the staff as being valid until December 31, 2009 (which means reservations must be consumed before this date). I have been noticing a number of people making reservations for 2010. Just wanted to make sure you are all aware of this so there are no surpises if in fact the hotels do not grant the reseravations under this promotion in 2010. My fingers are crossed that they do and that this promotion is extended though!

Last edited by Clipper801; Oct 19, 2009 at 6:55 am
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I contacted the hotels that allowed me to book in '10 and they all confirmed they would honour the rate. These are all Swissotels however (BKK and KIX).
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by tcook052
My guess... NFAF availbility is still showing up. The hotels don't show any availability is because there aren't any rooms for the rate as hotels release NFAF rooms at different times.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
I stay in Vancouver 20 times year..Always a suite at the Sutton Place Hotel and its by far the very best in Vancouver for service and location. All that and under $200.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.