Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: Goldpointsplus Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver Elite; SPG; Priority Club; Miles & More; Eurobonus
Many thanks nyx.t2t

I have just returned from 1 night Scottsdale and 2 nights Washington DC !
It was just fabulous and we were also upgraded to the Gold level with all the extra perks. All the staff was great and we were treated like VIP.
I will start looking for my next Fairmont experience !
Thanks nyx.t2t for sharing this benefit with us !
^
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:32 am

So I booked a reservation with the F and F rate at the Mayakoba. I called and applied a suite upgrade certificate. Before the upgrade the reservation was for X/per night and had text that identified the F and F promo. Now after the upgrade was applied it lists a Fairmont savers rate and the rate has gone up close to double the F and F rate. It does list the suite category, but I am concerned that the agent somehow changed the rate when applying the upgrade. Is this normal?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by cme2c
So I booked a reservation with the F and F rate at the Mayakoba. I called and applied a suite upgrade certificate. Before the upgrade the reservation was for X/per night and had text that identified the F and F promo. Now after the upgrade was applied it lists a Fairmont savers rate and the rate has gone up close to double the F and F rate. It does list the suite category, but I am concerned that the agent somehow changed the rate when applying the upgrade. Is this normal?
No, that is not normal.

The rate should stay the same, and say F&F Rate. Sometimes the rate even goes DOWN if they are able to find it for you.

Just call them and they will fix it for you. Excellent customer service (on plat line anyways)
Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I just received a message stating that NFAF is being extended through March 31, 2010. This is a source that is reliable.
Awesome news, Andy. I've got a BUNCH of upgrade, free nights and spa credit certs to burn before the end of February.

This has been such an awesome promo. As a FPC Plat, I get treated really well at every Fairmont I've had the chance to visit. Last week in DC, I got the Capital Suite for a WONDERFUL price. Whenever the NFAF promo ends, Fairmont will always have a great reputation with this frequent traveler.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
No, that is not normal.

The rate should stay the same, and say F&F Rate. Sometimes the rate even goes DOWN if they are able to find it for you.

Just call them and they will fix it for you. Excellent customer service (on plat line anyways)
Gave it a day, then called, they fixed it without a problem.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Ski?

Slightly OT but :
Which is the best Fairmont for skiing.
Probably early January.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
hmmm... Banff Springs or Whistler are really nice.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Slightly OT but :
Which is the best Fairmont for skiing.
Probably early January.
Early January - you beat the rush of Olympics.

The Whistler Fairmont is the best, because it is ski in ski out at the base of blackcomb. you cant beat that location.

Banff Springs is a 15 minute drive to Sunshine, or 45 minutes to Louise.

Chateau Louise is about 10 minutes to Louise as well.

If you are there to ski, Whistler is the best mountain, and the Fairmont Whistler ahs the best location. It is my favorite for skiing. Also, some great restaurants and lounges of course.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
hmmm... Banff Springs or Whistler are really nice.
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Early January - you beat the rush of Olympics.

The Whistler Fairmont is the best, because it is ski in ski out at the base of blackcomb. you cant beat that location.

Banff Springs is a 15 minute drive to Sunshine, or 45 minutes to Louise.

Chateau Louise is about 10 minutes to Louise as well.

If you are there to ski, Whistler is the best mountain, and the Fairmont Whistler ahs the best location. It is my favorite for skiing. Also, some great restaurants and lounges of course.
Thank you both so much for the input. Looks like Whistler is a winner...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Thank you both so much for the input. Looks like Whistler is a winner...
Best part is, with Whistler you get complimentary ski storage and boot drying. You ski right to the doors of the hotel, walk in, and they store your board, and put your boots on dryers. Come the next morning, you have warm boots and your board/skis ready to go. They will even wax/service your skis/board if you need it (not free).
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Best part is, with Whistler you get complimentary ski storage and boot drying. You ski right to the doors of the hotel, walk in, and they store your board, and put your boots on dryers. Come the next morning, you have warm boots and your board/skis ready to go. They will even wax/service your skis/board if you need it (not free).
Looking forward to skiing at Whistler in December and staying at the Farimont Whistler. What is the parking situation like at the Fairmont? That's pretty cool about the boot dryers. Too bad Fairmont doesn't have more ski properties. Don't they also have one in Telluride, CO?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by toadman
Looking forward to skiing at Whistler in December and staying at the Farimont Whistler. What is the parking situation like at the Fairmont? That's pretty cool about the boot dryers. Too bad Fairmont doesn't have more ski properties. Don't they also have one in Telluride, CO?
Don't forget Mont Trembalnt in Quebec.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
What is the parking situation like at the Fairmont?
Expensive! It's CAD $28 per night self-park.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Looking forward to skiing at Whistler in December and staying at the Farimont Whistler.
FYI, I tried booking the Fairmont Whistler on Dec 19 and it doesn't let me book that date using the F&F rate. At the full price (starting from over CAD400), it hardly seems worth it.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Probably just means they don't have anything left under the NFAF rates for that date. I would keep checking as sometimes as the dates get closer, they open more rooms up for this promotion... or some people may cancel.

Originally Posted by mister__big
FYI, I tried booking the Fairmont Whistler on Dec 19 and it doesn't let me book that date using the F&F rate. At the full price (starting from over CAD400), it hardly seems worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.