Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:13 am
  #181  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Posts: 4,923
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I would HIGHLY recommend making the booking WITH a booking code. This is a friends and family rate, thus, you want to be linked to an employee. The OP at RFD.com originally told me that the flyer from fairmont said that the booker ID was required. (he obviously had financial gain from this, but still, I wouldn't risk it.) Like I said, when my parents checked in to Hotel Macdonald, there were no issues and we had the booker ID in the line. She mentioned that she saw they were on the Friends and Family rate referred by an employee.
When I actually got to the booking after checking rates on several dates there was no place to enter the booking code, just IATA. I had seen it earlier, but not this time. After filling everything out and entering my President's Club info I did see a place for the booking code. I went ahead without it, just to see if it would work. It did. Then I tried to modify the reservation and put in the booking code and couldn't do that.

But I have the printout from another website with the offer and that person's booking code. He/she also offered a scan of his business card, so I've emailed for a copy of that and will certainly give him credit for this offer.
lili is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:19 am
  #182  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
Originally Posted by lili
When I actually got to the booking after checking rates on several dates there was no place to enter the booking code, just IATA. I had seen it earlier, but not this time. After filling everything out and entering my President's Club info I did see a place for the booking code. I went ahead without it, just to see if it would work. It did. Then I tried to modify the reservation and put in the booking code and couldn't do that.

But I have the printout from another website with the offer and that person's booking code. He/she also offered a scan of his business card, so I've emailed for a copy of that and will certainly give him credit for this offer.
You can cancel your rez and make a new one, and enter the booking ID in step 3.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:28 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DEN
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by cubfan99
Looking forward to your update. I'm confirmed for three nights in mid-May with the missus for our 10-year anniversary!
Small (FT) world. We're there on the same deal in May for our 10th Anniversary too! Possibly see you at the Oak Room for 1 very expensive drink! PM me for dates, etc. if you want to meet up.

BTW: I'll also post our check-in, etc. experience
BizClsDreaming is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:28 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Posts: 3,685
Originally Posted by ;11535913
Just found Swissotel in Shanghai for 350 CNY (63 CAD, 50 USD per night!) Thanks for the tip!
CanuckFlyHigh, many thanks for posting this on the Hotel deals forum. Does one have to enter the same code used for the Fairmont in the Promotions box or the IATA box on the Swissotel and Raffles websites?
chitownflyer is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:31 am
  #185  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
April 6, 2009 UPDATE: This rate also works for Swissotel and Ruffles Hotels.

Inside sources have verified that this promo is legit. That being said, they have canceled the booking ID's of employees who's ID's have made it onto internet forums, and issued them new ones to distribute to friends and family. It is recommended that you find a fairmont employee who will give you their booker ID privately (a "friend" or family member maybe?), but it is now confirmed that this is legit.
Previous bookings made with Booker ID's posted online will be honored.


Do not bother asking for more details, as I will not be answering questions pertaining to the above statement.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Apr 6, 2009 at 10:54 am
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:39 am
  #186  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 56,466
Originally Posted by sc flier
And I am sure that it is not blocked for some peak times! ^

Re: Swissotel
Some examples for which it works for tonight...
London GBP 110
Zurich CHF 100
Chicago USD 208
Dusseldorf EUR 49
I am also not sure this promo rate is blocked at peak dates as I found Plaza NYC was USD$239/night over 4th July weekend when I checked just now.
tcook052 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:40 am
  #187  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 11,377
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Does one have to enter the same code used for the Fairmont in the Promotions box or the IATA box on the Swissotel and Raffles websites?
On swissotel.com, NFAF needs to be entered in the Promotion Code box (*not* IATA code box).
soitgoes is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:48 am
  #188  
In memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Posts: 4,923
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
You can cancel your rez and make a new one, and enter the booking ID in step 3.
That's what I did. But now it turns out that will be one of the canceled booking IDs. This new "friend" did send me a nice note along with a scan of her business card, and her title indicates to me that she was acting in good faith. I think I'll wait and see how this goes in the next few weeks. (First res is for May 5)
lili is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:22 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Posts: 352
Wow... this thread has really blown up.
nyx.t2t is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:35 am
  #190  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Menlo Park, CA, USA
Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Posts: 6,918
I'll take it too, maybe you could do the same with a scan of ones business card?
nmenaker is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:37 am
  #191  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: DSM
Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Posts: 1,035
I didn't include a Booker ID on my first reservation but did on my second. As a President's Club member I checked my reservations online and they are both there, showing "Reserved". If Fairmont is going to cancel the reservation that doesn't have an ID or the one that has the OP's ID, any idea if they'll do that prior to my arrival at the check-in desk?
flyupfront is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:44 am
  #192  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Posts: 352
Originally Posted by flyupfront
I didn't include a Booker ID on my first reservation but did on my second. As a President's Club member I checked my reservations online and they are both there, showing "Reserved". If Fairmont is going to cancel the reservation that doesn't have an ID or the one that has the OP's ID, any idea if they'll do that prior to my arrival at the check-in desk?
To be honest, I don't really know. But from my understanding and from what I've heard about codes in the past, it is quite possible you won't have it canceled at all and when you go in for your stay, you'll get charged the regular rate.
nyx.t2t is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:46 am
  #193  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 11,377
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
To be honest, I don't really know. But from my understanding and from what I've heard about codes in the past, it is quite possible you won't have it canceled at all and when you go in for your stay, you'll get charged the regular rate.
Now, we all know that you can get 10 different answers in speaking to 10 different reps, but I called the res center today and told the truth (found deal on Internet, etc.) and asked about the booking code. The rep stated that the booking codes were canceled just for the purpose of stopping the $10/booking payout for those codes, but that reservations would still be valid.

I don't guarantee the accuracy of that statement, as it was just one call center employee.
soitgoes is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:10 pm
  #194  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
From my understanding of it, you can google those booker ID's, and use one of them, the employee is just not going to be paid out of it. Based on Fairmont's reaction this morning, they are not too concerned that this deal is being booked and talked about all over the internet, they just dont want to have to pay an employee 20 grand for it.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:12 pm
  #195  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 11,377
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Based on Fairmont's reaction this morning, they are not too concerned that this deal is being booked and talked about all over the internet, they just dont want to have to pay an employee 20 grand for it.
That's consistent with what I was told as well.
soitgoes is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.