Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Booker ID is in step 3 after you fill in your reservation information.

Originally Posted by rentalguy
Where does the booker id get inputed on the website? I see a space for IATA and RES plus.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:50 pm

Fairmont Friends and Family

Just a reminder on some of the "regulations"

The promotion may be valid until Dec.31/09 but reservations can only be made three months in advance. The system will not allow any reservations be made more then three months in advance and the hotels will individually open up dates when they see fit.

Thus this is based on availability... If you get the date you want showing available, book it! You can always cancel it later but you must adhere to the cancellation policies set by each hotel (usually they are very generous).

Friends and Family reservations can only be made online. Calling the hotel or the Global Reservations Centre will not get you the promotional rate.

Also, ensure your sign up for the many benefits of The Fairmont President's Club if you have not done so already! Sign up before you reserve and put it on your reservation so the staff knows at check in you are a member to receive complimentary internet access and local calls during your stay. Stay more often and receive more benefits!
For now, all stays on friends and family do count for FPC credits and benefits except for airline miles...

Enjoy! and have fun!

Thank you!

Last edited by edmonton2001; Apr 9, 2009 at 12:40 am
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Thanks for the reminders Edmonton!!!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:42 pm
Suspended

awesome deal
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:46 pm

Sorry for the delay!

For those that have PM'd, I keep getting this message! Ill try to have this resolved ASAP. Ive been a lurker for awhile now but never really posted... Thanks again!

You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
For those that have PM'd, I keep getting this message! Ill try to have this resolved ASAP. Ive been a lurker for awhile now but never really posted... Thanks again!

You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error.
I had that problem when I first signed up. You'll be able to send more messages tomorrow. I haven't had that problem anymore and I've been sending a ton of messages out... and I am still fairly new.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
For now, all stays on friends and family do count for FPC credits and benefits...
Really? That's counter to what all we've been hearing on this thread.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
Really? That's counter to what all we've been hearing on this thread.
I emailed a representative at my Fairmont and she said it's supposed to count towards stay credits.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:13 pm

Traditionally, Friends and Family reservations have counted towards FPC. Destinations reservations do not count for FPC credit. This newly launched program could change that so I put "For Now" in my post. For people that stay in the near future under friends and family, it should count towards their FPC stays.

But for those of us that have stayed, just sign up for the program to get free internet during your stay! All you need is your FPC number and last name. Thatís the main benefit anyways at Club level. (shh... I didnít just say that )

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I emailed a representative at my Fairmont and she said it's supposed to count towards stay credits.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
We are getting mixed signals about FPC stay credit & FFP/FFM elligibility.

Traditionally, Friends and Family reservations have counted towards FPC.
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The Staff rate & Friends and Family rate has never qualified for stay credit.

Originally Posted by KSA_USA
I talked today to 2 different Fairmont agents at 2 different times, they both confirm the the reservations i made are good and i should not face any problems when checking-in, however, they also confirm NO Stay Credit and NO Air Miles can be earned on FAF rates.
However, perhaps this discussion should be continued on this thread on the topic in Other Hotels forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ents-club.html
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:49 pm

Good call. I will head over there to share my thoughts and info.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:39 pm

Programs: US Airways, Avis, British Airways
For the record, I was able to book in London for November - well beyond 90 days from now...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
For the record, I was able to book in London for November - well beyond 90 days from now...
Are you sure you were getting the discounted rates? Everyone else cannot access rates for after 3 months. You might want to double check with the hotel itself and a reservation manager or something. Those are against their terms... it's quite a risk you are taking.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: US Airways, Avis, British Airways
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Are you sure you were getting the discounted rates? Everyone else cannot access rates for after 3 months. You might want to double check with the hotel itself and a reservation manager or something. Those are against their terms... it's quite a risk you are taking.
The rate was GBP110, which is far below their published rate. It is cancellable up to one day prior ro check-in, so if I find out that they are going to reject my reservation, I'm not out anything. I'll just cancel. I would never stay there at their published rate, so the promotion is working for them in my case. I'm not someone who would pay US500/night to stay in their hotel, so I'm filling their unsold rooms. However, if the economy improves and business picks up, I am a disadvantage.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
The rate was GBP110, which is far below their published rate. It is cancellable up to one day prior ro check-in, so if I find out that they are going to reject my reservation, I'm not out anything. I'll just cancel. I would never stay there at their published rate, so the promotion is working for them in my case. I'm not someone who would pay US500/night to stay in their hotel, so I'm filling their unsold rooms. However, if the economy improves and business picks up, I am a disadvantage.
Even if they don't contact you before the date, you might want to contact them to double check. I've heard of instances where you show up and have to pay the daily going rate for their rooms because your code was not valid at the time of reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.