Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
You can't see it? It works fine for me. Anyone else?
It only works for you because you are signed into your live.com account. It won't work for anyone else. You need to save the image and then upload it to something like imageshack.us and then post that link here
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Ok I edited the link in that previous post. Does it work now?!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
What is wierd is, that on the forum, I don't see the link at all. Only in the email.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://image73.webshots.com/173/6/87...5PKPsTM_ph.jpg
Alternate link: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/927...838005pkps.jpg
The link above should work.

You're trying to embed an image which doesn't work on this forum, but the underlying image location showed up in Chrome.

Last edited by soitgoes; Apr 4, 2009 at 6:08 pm
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:03 pm

Sorry guys, I feel like an idiot.

The link in the post above should work.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not able to see the image, but think about it. This promo pays a COMMISSION to employees (supposedly $10) to round up customers. That doesn't sound like a traditional "employee discount" which is almost a favor to an employee. They apparently want the employees to find customers. It seems like posting it in online forums is a logical way to do that.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
all that, and that link doesn't really make me feel "much better". It seems like either a travel agency relationship promo, or in company promo for marketing or something.

When I get a Presidents club email, with the promo listed then I'll feel 100%.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
all that, and that link doesn't really make me feel "much better". It seems like either a travel agency relationship promo, or in company promo for marketing or something.

When I get a Presidents club email, with the promo listed then I'll feel 100%.
And after using up a full page in this thread... haha

But it IS an in company promo... I thought we already settled on that. You wouldn't get this unless you were an employee. You get to take advantage of it if you're a friend or family member of an employee. I think the only worry left for most of you is, will they ask who you got it from when checking in or ask for a name or something. IMO I doubt it.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would just like to confirm that my parents used this rate last night at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in YEG. No questions asked at check-in or check-out. My father told me that they did say "I see you are travelling on the friends and family rate referred by an employee. Welcome"
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by gleff
Precisely for the same reason that Intercontinental Hotels Group didn't announce this, you won't see a banner ad on their home page either.

They don't want to undercut the rates they're getting from existing bookings. If they 'announced' this they might as well just cut all their rates to this price. But they don't need to. They DO get bookings at those prices.

They are attempting to drive INCREMENTAL BOOKINGS that are likely to be especially price sensitive. They're trying to go viral. They're basically doing the same thing as Priceline, with the added benefit of course of not paying Priceline (and in this case they're incentivizing their employees instead of paying a PL commission.

I have to admit, that this is SPOT ON! I have never paid full price for a Fairmont room, but lots of people do. There are tons of unadvertised fairmont deals out there.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I would just like to confirm that my parents used this rate last night at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in YEG. No questions asked at check-in or check-out. My father told me that they did say "I see you are travelling on the friends and family rate referred by an employee. Welcome"
Thanks that's what make me feel better ^
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Besides there being no Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in YEG, good to hear your parents were treated well. The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is in YEG while the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth is in YUL.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:03 pm

Given the viral spread of this across various "travel deal" sites I think 13421516 is going to be the highest paid Fairmont employee this month!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Talking

Well if the employees actually get $$ for each reservation, I'm surprised that a FT'er who is a Fairmont employee hasn't jumped in with "Hey, the deal is real and use my number!".
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by wrose99
Given the viral spread of this across various "travel deal" sites I think 13421516 is going to be the highest paid Fairmont employee this month!
I wonder if it is paid after stays occur. Heck if it is was $10/reservation, the system could easily be played with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.