Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:30 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Thanks! Just booked Boston Battery Wharf for $129 in late May. All other hotels were running $300-plus that weekend and it was looking like Red Roof Inn time. I really appreciate the OP's sharing.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I just hope you are right and that alot of people do not get burned.
I'm quite certain we'll find out rather quickly if someone gets turned down when using this promo. @:-)
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by gleff
Precisely for the same reason that Intercontinental Hotels Group didn't announce this, you won't see a banner ad on their home page either.

They don't want to undercut the rates they're getting from existing bookings. If they 'announced' this they might as well just cut all their rates to this price. But they don't need to. They DO get bookings at those prices.

They are attempting to drive INCREMENTAL BOOKINGS that are likely to be especially price sensitive. They're trying to go viral. They're basically doing the same thing as Priceline, with the added benefit of course of not paying Priceline (and in this case they're incentivizing their employees instead of paying a PL commission.
Perhaps and just maybe I've been reading fine print for far too long and have become too skeptical but with this promo the absence of fine print is what originally made me wonder. No blackouts dates, no room category restrictions, flexibility of the rate and full FPC earning for the rest of the year seems to this observer unlike anything Fairmont has done before. Yes, curious times call for inventive measures but mirroring PL isn't a tactic many upscale hotel chains would likely admit to doing. Of course that just MHO.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: United, SPG, PC, Hertz
Good deal. Thanks. I found out you don't need the booking ID.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I am currently at work right now and I found a flyer that introduces this new program but without too many details. Apparently this program was only announced on April 2nd and only through employees at Fairmont Hotels. It was not announced to the public and was not intended to be announced to the public. I will see if I can find a jpeg I can post for everyone.

I asked a colleague here and they said although the booking ID isn't required to see the rates and to actually make the booking, you may not get that rate if you don't have a proper ID to show that you were referred by an employee attached to your reservation. So you might want to enter a booker ID whether from here or from any other forums you may be finding this deal from.

Hopefully I can find something to post tonight. Hope that helps.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by powermode01
Good deal. Thanks. I found out you don't need the booking ID.
First, you may not need the Booking ID to book the room, but you may need it to close the deal and get the rate when checking in at the front desk.

Second, even if it is a legitimate rate -- and it is waaaaaaay too early to determing this -- but even so, why would you want to screw the employee out of their commission and/or sweepstakes or whatever it is???

Using the booking ID does not increase your rate or anything, as far as I can see.

Not using it seems to me quite churlish.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I am currently at work right now and I found a flyer that introduces this new program but without too many details.
What do you mean by this -- what are the details that are releasaed?

I asked a colleague here and they said although the booking ID isn't required to see the rates and to actually make the booking, you may not get that rate if you don't have a proper ID to show that you were referred by an employee attached to your reservation. So you might want to enter a booker ID whether from here or from any other forums you may be finding this deal from.

Ha! my sentiments exactly -- was typing while you were!

So, from what you can tell, it is legitimate?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
WOW!, Well, I just booked a room at the Plaza in NYC, haven't tried it yet since the renovation. Was only 239$ a night, down from 550$, so I figured since the IHC deal was not working in NYC those dates, I would pull the trigger.

Said no deposit, cancel ONE day before, so as a good backup it will work out nicely.

I'm a FPC member anyways, so maybe a room upgrade will occur and one gets free internet as a FPC member, every little bit helps.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks. I guess it's capacity controlled. I also tried booking a couple of nights at the Frontenac in Quebec this summer without luck. But I do see they have off-peak dates cheap under this deal.
Yes, I agree. Sonoma is a good example.

And there are some properties that appear to limit this promo only to certain basic room types and don't display promo rates for premium room categories (such as oceanview) or suites.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by sc flier
And there are some properties that appear to limit this promo only to certain basic room types and don't display promo rates for premium room categories (such as oceanview) or suites.
Yes, Monaco! Dang it!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Just got SF Ghirardelli Place for $169. Going for $350 on hotels.com... if it doesn't work, we've got friends to stay with in SF! Thanks OP.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The Plaza NYC a deluxe room for an amazing $ 289. I got it confirmed for 3 rooms for my week long holiday with the family in July. A big surprise for everyone in the family. I love NYC.

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Apr 4, 2009 at 10:02 am
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Is there a way to update the booking ID# AFTER having made a reservation?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:18 am

thanks OP! booked a week for the plaza in June and another few days in boston.
any views on whether battery wharf or copley plaza is better for a first time visitor to boston?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:18 am

just cancel your reservation and rebook using the booking ID number. I did that, too and had to rebook it.

has anybody called the hotels and actually ASKED about it using this code and what their response is????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.