[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I think you are right....doubt the lounge option though. I would guess more likely a regular room and another amenity. I would be happy with a regular room and breakfast.
You might be right with the lounge option. There's a balancing act Conrad needs to do here between those who would normally stay at the hotel or might return and those who have unrealitic expectations over about what they are entitled to and who are likely not to return to the hotel at regular room rates. I too would be happy with just a regular room. Again, I think where Hilton will need to get tough is with the people that really think they should receive the presential suite or DLX suite and lounge access for $17 or $50. I suspect those are not the people Conrad wants in the lounge ever.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:46 pm

I've just book a deluxe suite incl benefits for £9 plus taxes per night in Feb.

No deposit required and ok to cancel up to day of arrival at 4pm.Really not sure though if this will be honoured..perhaps paying in advance through PL would be a better route?

Anybody with any thoughts on this?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by coops
I've just book a deluxe suite incl benefits for £9 plus taxes per night in Feb.

No deposit required and ok to cancel up to day of arrival at 4pm.Really not sure though if this will be honoured..perhaps paying in advance through PL would be a better route?

Anybody with any thoughts on this?

I was wondering the same thing. I did the original Priceline rate thinking the fact that it was prepaid and at a higher rate it would be more likely to be honored in some way.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by SethLevy
... many of whom have posted on this thread, whom have made numerous reservations for several dates, or those who have made reservations and have no intention of ever going to Bangkok or who do not have the financial resources to make it to Bangkok...
Correct me if I am wrong - but from THIS thread, it does not seem as if anyone is abusing this rate. The mojority of people who posted only booked for 3 or 4 days with many others only booking a 1 night stay. I myself booked 2 separate week long trips, as preiously mentioned and have every intention on using both (if it will honored in some way or another) I "TRIED" many dates for the sake of those who were having problems booking/finding dates to confirm it was still available. Finally from what is posted here, no one seems to have booked month long stays, as you alluded to.
All in all, many are being very reasonable in their bookings compared to some of the other mistake rates.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
i strongly suspect that what is said of hilton's mistake is true. when u make a booking on the hotel website directly, it says room available but when u go further into the booking engine, it says room not available. i got my priceline room...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:59 pm

With regard to how the Conrad will deal with this am I correct in remembering that the last major hotel chain in Thailand (the Holiday Inn Phuket) that made a similar blunder did in fact honour all of the mistake rates?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Again, I think where Hilton will need to get tough is with the people that really think they should receive the presential suite or DLX suite and lounge access for $17 or $50. I suspect those are not the people Conrad wants in the lounge ever.
I have only joined this forum very recently, but I suspect most people here have realistic expectations regarding mistake fares. I feel this comment was uncalled for.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:08 pm

Well, my confirmation has already been e-mailed to me by conradhotels.com, so I have it in writing. I've also retrieved my booking on conradhotels.com & hiltonhhonors.com and had those e-mailed to me too. My booking was direct, so they can't pull that "it was an Expedia,Travelocity, Priceline, ITN....error" crap with me.

I have already made hard copies of these. If there's anything I've learned on FT, it's to print everything and have those in hand. ^
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by thorthor
I have only joined this forum very recently, but I suspect most people here have realistic expectations regarding mistake fares. I feel this comment was uncalled for.
Being new to FT, you might want to go back and read the entire thread. You will clearly see that there are many people who posted who truly believe and are expecting to receive the hotel's 1 and only presendential suite for $51. My point is that is an unreasonable expectation and one which the hotel will need to agressively manage
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
Well, my confirmation has already been e-mailed to me by conradhotels.com, so I have it in writing. I've also retrieved my booking on conradhotels.com & hiltonhhonors.com and had those e-mailed to me too. My booking was direct, so they can't pull that "it was an Expedia,Travelocity, Priceline, ITN....error" crap with me.

I have already made hard copies of these. If there's anything I've learned on FT, it's to print everything and have those in hand. ^
I too had Hilton send me me an email confirmation. It provides greater protectation that at least the rate, not room type, will be honored.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:44 pm

Being new to FT, you might want to go back and read the entire thread. You will clearly see that there are many people who posted who truly believe and are expecting to receive the hotel's 1 and only presendential suite for $51. My point is that is an unreasonable expectation and one which the hotel will need to agressively manage

Call me silly or a little slow perhaps, but would you mind explaining why you would book a hotel stay that you didn't expect them to book? I am quite confused. Surely you didn't book with the full intention of using you booking as a barganing chip to get something else from this company?

Our bookings clearly state what they are for and nothing else. Anything else is pure speculation. I fully expect mine to be honored.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:58 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by anharley
AMEX INSTRUCTIONS - Still available there, just checked again...
1- Go to this link: http://wcorp.itn.net/cgi/get?itn/pl/ctnplatinum1/index
2-Click on "MORE HOTEL OPTIONS" toward the lower right hand corner
3-Search for Hotels by "HOTEL CHAIN"
4-Choose Hilton Brands
5-Input dates
6-Do not change any of the other preferances
7-Click Search
8-Results will come back with the Conrad Bangkok from USD $125 a night
9-Click Select
10-The rates will NOW change to the low THB
11-Continue booking from here....

I just tried 9/22-9/29 with no problem for 615THB

Let me know how it works out!!!!

P.S. In your search results you should also see the Hampton Inn come up for .90 cents a night as I previously mentioned. If anyone can figure out a way to book this - please reply.

THANKS AGAIN OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank YOU, anharley, for making the booking procedure on AMEX clear enough for me to get this deal for the three nights I will be in Bangkok this year. I thanked the OP in a previous post bemoaning my inability to book this.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 4:10 pm
Suspended

So any sites left where you can book it without an AMEX card?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Got it next July - awesome!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 4:17 pm

I too had Hilton send me me an email confirmation. It provides greater protectation that at least the rate, not room type, will be honored.
Seth, did you book the rooms through Priceline or Amex? I booked from both and did not get any emails from Hilton. When I checked on hilton.com, my 2 reservations did not show either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.