Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Price Change?

I was sittin' on the fence for this... and had the AMEX site open, and redid a search.

Interesting thing came up... there was for a moment, two Conrad Hiltons, one at 635 Bhat, and the other at 125 Dollars.

When I went back to the beginning to redo the selection, I only saw the 125 dollar rate. Nuts!

Perhaps they've successfully pulled it.

Anyone get a different result as of 7:00 PM PST?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by sts603
Thanks for the update. Actually, at least it's better than the Lanesborough which started off saying it wouldn't honor it period. They eventually backed down of course. But sounds like the Conrad knows they are going to have to negotiate a bit. That's fair I think.

I wonder what AMEX and Priceline will do? And of course what Hilton will do? Do you mind letting us know what acceptable arrangement you worked out?
I am not sure what the Conrad's official position will be. The person I spoke with clearly indicated that the people who had made multiple reservations made such reservations with the full knowledge the quoted rate was in error.

Many people have sent me PMs asking for information on my deal or the name of my contact. As I advised those who contacted me, too many people have abused this rate and/or have unreasonable expectations about the type of room if any they will recieve. My deal was unique to my situations and I agreed to keep the details confidential.

As I recall the Lanesbough incident, they finally agreed only to provide reservation and did not honor multiple reservations. I think here the problem is the room type, we all know the hotel cannot provide the presidential suite or executive suite over multiple days and months at the quoted rates. On the other hand, they can and should provide a standard room (plus whatever else you can get from them).

Good luck all.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:11 pm
Suspended

I booked a very reasonable 5 nights in an executive suite through their own website. I see no reason why they should not honour that...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I booked a very reasonable 5 nights in an executive suite through their own website. I see no reason why they should not honour that...
Same here, I made a single booking on their website. When I entered my dates, only one type of room was available (Deluxe 1BR King bed) and only one rate was offered, so I booked it!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:28 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
conrad

my friend just got off the phone with the conrad.
they are seeing the reservation in USD, so the baht rate is missloaded instead of USD.

as today is a sunday, the managers who can decide on this are not in the hotel, and the hotel will tommorow find a solution for this .

dp
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by derpelikan
my friend just got off the phone with the conrad.
they are seeing the reservation in USD, so the baht rate is missloaded instead of USD.

as today is a sunday, the managers who can decide on this are not in the hotel, and the hotel will tommorow find a solution for this .

dp

Earlier, after booking on Amex, I called HHonors to have my Diamond number entered into reservation. I have an email confirmation directly from Hilton, as I do on any other reservation booked. The rate is showing in BHT 635.00/night. All sums are in BHT with no USD amount listed.

Im not sure what 'they are seeing' but it seems odd that there would be a difference between the HHonors system and the hotel's computer.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:49 pm

Don't you guys think you let the cat out of the bag by instantly calling HHonors?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:07 pm

I cant see any reason to put in a Diamond number when u are already in a suite and get exec club included!
Id keep so far away from that it wasnt funny until checkout.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:13 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by SethLevy
The person I spoke with clearly indicated that the people who had made multiple reservations made such reservations with the full knowledge the quoted rate was in error.
Wow - Conrad Clairvoyance(tm)
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
to manage

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I cant see any reason to put in a Diamond number when u are already in a suite and get exec club included!
Id keep so far away from that it wasnt funny until checkout.

hi,

i have normally a lot of stays in hotels, if it is in my hilton account, i can see where i am staying.

and i can put it in my calender.

dp
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:18 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi,

i have normally a lot of stays in hotels, if it is in my hilton account, i can see where i am staying.

and i can put it in my calender.

dp
I thought you couldn't add third-party web site reservations to your HH planner.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:00 pm

conrad homepage

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
I thought you couldn't add third-party web site reservations to your HH planner.

this deal was bookable over hilton homepages too, so you can add these reservations to your calender.

i dont know what will happen but thx OP ^
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:08 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I just called the Hilton internet reservations confirmation robot (1-800-774-1500, option 3) and after entering my confirmation number, I heard a welcome for my dates at the Conrad Bangkok at the rate of 625 DOLLARS a night, not THB625 as shown on my AMEX confirmation email.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:31 pm

:)

Originally Posted by hiyo
I just called the Hilton internet reservations confirmation robot (1-800-774-1500, option 3) and after entering my confirmation number, I heard a welcome for my dates at the Conrad Bangkok at the rate of 625 DOLLARS a night, not THB625 as shown on my AMEX confirmation email.
yeah exactly, the hotel is not seing the THB. so this seams to be a problem in the hilton system directly.
so maybe it is not the hotels fault but an software probem of hilton ?

if you have it as THB in your amex reservation you should just wait and see what will happen.

dp
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:45 pm

hilton system down?

hi,

hilton has just shut down their reservation system ....
may be it is just maintenance or have there been more great deals like this

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.