[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:42 pm

Where are you currently searching?

Where (site) is the previous poster searching? Cant seem to find a string of dates
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Got it

I think i will be the 1st one to check if they will honor the rate. I will be in BKK for 1 night in the 1st week of SEP and got the confirmation from AMEX.

Conrad Bangkok
Bangkok
Checkin: Sep 04
Checkout: Sep 05
Rate: 615 THB/night

1 KING DELUXE 1 BDRM SUITE , LIVING ROOM-114 M2-WIRELESS AVAIL-CD PLAYER , FAX-LOUNGE ACCESS-COMP BREAKFST/TEA/SNACKS

Last edited by jexelot; Aug 26, 2006 at 1:49 pm
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:46 pm

Looking thru AMEX

how are you searching Amex to find availabel dates. Im inputting 1 week at a time? Nothing. Is there a better way to seach to find results. I would prefer using the AMEX travel site
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:47 pm

For those who don't speak Japanese, a quicker link:

http://www.conradhotels.jp/dispatch/...tyHomePageForm
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:54 pm

AMEX INSTRUCTIONS - Still available there, just checked again...
1- Go to this link: http://wcorp.itn.net/cgi/get?itn/pl/ctnplatinum1/index
2-Click on "MORE HOTEL OPTIONS" toward the lower right hand corner
3-Search for Hotels by "HOTEL CHAIN"
4-Choose Hilton Brands
5-Input dates
6-Do not change any of the other preferances
7-Click Search
8-Results will come back with the Conrad Bangkok from USD $125 a night
9-Click Select
10-The rates will NOW change to the low THB
11-Continue booking from here....

I just tried 9/22-9/29 with no problem for 615THB

Let me know how it works out!!!!

P.S. In your search results you should also see the Hampton Inn come up for .90 cents a night as I previously mentioned. If anyone can figure out a way to book this - please reply.

THANKS AGAIN OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by anharley; Aug 26, 2006 at 2:00 pm
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:57 pm

Any UK priceliners out there know about how I can get around a registering problem with PL.com. (I am registered with PL.co.uk but they only seem to cater for Europe hotels now unless using the name your own price option) I,m trying to put my Uk address in but msg keeps coming back saying I must enter a US state and/0r post code.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:11 pm

Try

Silver Spring, MD, 20910
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:14 pm

ITN works

ITN Books.. Anharley..thanks for the convenient booking route. Other got in on the Presidential Suite for $50... but this is very sweet (no pun intended) for $16/night!!.. Im in on 3/5-3/10 and 12/4 - 12/8. The March trip is a nice little Birthday present to myself!!.. Now.. just gotta work on getting there for a nice ML.

Im thinking about somehow combining a run on the JFK-LGW DL fare and then finding something from there to BKK, preferably on Skyteam
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by anharley

P.S. In your search results you should also see the Hampton Inn come up for .90 cents a night as I previously mentioned. If anyone can figure out a way to book this - please reply.

THANKS AGAIN OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how about booking in for 100 nights That should make the price go above 0. Have you tried that?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM
Thanks anharley. Just got a week for July 5-12, 2007. Awaiting final confirmation from AE Platinum
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Hilton's response

I hope everyone is prepared for Hilton's response to this mistake. It appears that it was a Hilton intiated mistake and not a priceline, travelocity, amex, etc one. As such, I assume the chain will take steps to honor booking requests. I think the problem comes with the people, many of whom have posted on this thread, whom have made numerous reservations for several dates, or those who have made reservations and have no intention of ever going to Bangkok or who do not have the financial resources to make it to Bangkok. Let's face it, a room at the Conrad Bangkok at 16 or a suite for 50 is a good deal, but regular rooms on any day at this hotel can be had for $125-150, so it was never such an expensive hotel that one needed to wait until they discovered clearly incorrect rates to travel to bangkok. Other fine Bangkok hotels can be had for less than $100 thourgh priceline.

What I also find interesting is the people who posted here who realitically expect to receive the presedential suite at the Conrad Bangkok, or any hotel for that matter, for $50. Such expectation is simple not reasonalbe and I seriously doubt Hilton would allow one of its hotels to rent out its presedntial suite at a top property for several months at $50 under any circumstances.

I suspect the hotel will oferr regular rooms or suites with lounge access for one reservation per person. Such a compromise is reasonable under the circumstances.

One would hope Hilton would do this because in the end, the majority of the people who made bookings will never show up at the hotel to claim such bookings.

I for one plan to contact Hilton on Monday (when the regular staff is there) and find out exactly what I can expect. I am not just going to show up at the hotel and pretend I thought I was entitled to a $17 suite. I want no surprises. Not worth it to me.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by SethLevy
I hope everyone is prepared for Hilton's response to this mistake. It appears that it was a Hilton intiated mistake and not a priceline, travelocity, amex, etc one. As such, I assume the chain will take steps to honor booking requests. I think the problem comes with the people, many of whom have posted on this thread, whom have made numerous reservations for several dates, or those who have made reservations and have no intention of ever going to Bangkok or who do not have the financial resources to make it to Bangkok. Let's face it, a room at the Conrad Bangkok at 16 or a suite for 50 is a good deal, but regular rooms on any day at this hotel can be had for $125-150, so it was never such an expensive hotel that one needed to wait until they discovered clearly incorrect rates to travel to bangkok. Other fine Bangkok hotels can be had for less than $100 thourgh priceline.

What I also find interesting is the people who posted here who realitically expect to receive the presedential suite at the Conrad Bangkok, or any hotel for that matter, for $50. Such expectation is simple not reasonalbe and I seriously doubt Hilton would allow one of its hotels to rent out its presedntial suite at a top property for several months at $50 under any circumstances.

I suspect the hotel will oferr regular rooms or suites with lounge access for one reservation per person. Such a compromise is reasonable under the circumstances.

One would hope Hilton would do this because in the end, the majority of the people who made bookings will never show up at the hotel to claim such bookings.

I for one plan to contact Hilton on Monday (when the regular staff is there) and find out exactly what I can expect. I am not just going to show up at the hotel and pretend I thought I was entitled to a $17 suite. I want no surprises. Not worth it to me.
Please tone this down. Lets not let this thread devolve into the typical ethical free-for-all that so many of these 'mistake' fare threads tend to do. They are selling it; we are buying it. End of story. If they choose to dispute these transactions, then lets talk.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Try

Silver Spring, MD, 20910

Thanks for that Bondi,

Am i correct in assuming that the fact that my PL CC registered address will not exactly tie in with my actual CC address(by just a few thousand miles ) will not effect my transaction going through?

Is it just the correct card number and expiry dates etc that are the important
factors here?

Thanks once again.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:31 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by SethLevy
I think you are right....doubt the lounge option though. I would guess more likely a regular room and another amenity. I would be happy with a regular room and breakfast.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:32 pm

Correcto Flying

This deal can go either way.. and while its true that properties in BKK come relatively cheap for excellent quality.. $17 USD a night for a suite.. or even a room at the Conrad is a steal. Even if they dont honor the suite, but give a regular room with some perks.. you cannot really complain whatsoever. As for getting out there and making a vacation of it.. why not.. if you get the the $17 rate, lodiging is practically free.. so it really sort of dilutes the airfare considerably. If someone provided 7 nights air and hotel at Conrad BKK.. for $1000 or so.. would you look at taking it. The deal gets considerably better when you have 2 or more people sharing.
So to make a long story short.. lets see what happens..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.