[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Seth, did you book the rooms through Priceline or Amex? I booked from both and did not get any emails from Hilton. When I checked on hilton.com, my 2 reservations did not show either.
I booked one through priceline and two additional rooms through AMEX. I called Hilton to have them add my Hilton number to the reservation and they emailed me a confirmation. You should have also recieved a confirmation from AMEX, but be sure to reserve using your AMEX Platinum Card because if there is an issue they will only help you if you are a platinum member and reserved with your PLT card. If you do not have a platinum card, you need to book through the regular Amex travel site.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Well, I'm in for 5-6 nts in April just before I hit La Quinta. No harm in making a rez with the AmEx cancellation/deposit policy.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:23 pm

Programs: Subway Punch Card / 8 subs collected to date!
Anyone else seeing the Hampton Inn Bangkok .90usd via Amex?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
I went back to PL to see if my date had disappeared. The PL booking system let me get to the last screen for the same dates I have a confirmation for! So its possible that there could be several days with duplicate reservations for the Presidntial Suite. Im not holding my breath on that one. I would like to get lounge access however but take a downgraded room. Im willing to be flexible.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 6:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by Motor City
Anyone else seeing the Hampton Inn Bangkok .90usd via Amex?
Yes, but get the following error when trying to book
Unable to Price/Book This Itinerary
The system is having difficulty pricing or completing your reservation.
Please go back and verify all information on your form and resubmit.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

From BKK -- everything looks fine. The hotel has our reservation as PL prepaid.

Checked out the pillow-menu and requested "non-allergic medium support" pillows. Were intrigued by "boudoir" pillows but ultimately opted against. We're heading to REP now -- I don't anticipate any problems on check-in next week. If you're booked for September, my guess is that you'll be fine -- it'll take them a few weeks to sort this out, and they won't turn you away when you show up. Beyond September, or if you have the President's Suite reserved for the entire summer of 2007, it'll be an uphill battle. Good luck, all!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jpdx
From BKK -- everything looks fine. The hotel has our reservation as PL prepaid.

Checked out the pillow-menu and requested "non-allergic medium support" pillows. Were intrigued by "boudoir" pillows but ultimately opted against. We're heading to REP now -- I don't anticipate any problems on check-in next week. If you're booked for September, my guess is that you'll be fine -- it'll take them a few weeks to sort this out, and they won't turn you away when you show up. Beyond September, or if you have the President's Suite reserved for the entire summer of 2007, it'll be an uphill battle. Good luck, all!
please keep us posted on your arrival
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpdx
Beyond September, or if you have the President's Suite reserved for the entire summer of 2007, it'll be an uphill battle. Good luck, all!
I wasn't greedy, just booked a regular King Suite for 5 nights
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Www.thaifly.com is a consoldiator with decent deals for US-Thailand. NW/UA from the West Coast for $628+. On NW, you can have a free stopover in NRT on the return.

Or, fly coach one-way on KE/DL/CI for some $500+ (stopovers in ICN, HKG or TPE possible), and return with one of the ex-BKK Business deals, about $800 one-way.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
great

i looks like most of the people only booked some nights.
the last deals have shown , that people who have booked 6 month nights, screwed up for others.

so booking only the thing you need, and to be ready to hear that they might not honor all reservations.

i did only book one time the pres. suite, and the rest are the normal suites, as the pres suites is not being honored. or i think it will not being honored.

big ^ to the op. this comes super handywith the LH , AUA mistaken fares to SIN which we have booked for december
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Contact Hotel Directly

I just got off the phone with my regular contact at the hotel (I have stayed there several times in the past) and the hotel is well aware of the mistake. The rates were quoted in Baht as opposed to dollars. Suffice it to say they are not in a position to honor reservations for their top suites under any circumstances. My contact informed me that many people made mutiple bookings and some used through a number of sources. I was told that everyone who made a reservation or multiple reservations will be contacted by the original booking agency.

As I have absolute plans to stay at this hotel and did not make reservations for mutiple days and months, I was able to work out an acceptable arrangement for my stay. In turn, the hotel issued me a new confirmation number and confirmed my airport pick-up.

I would encourage those who really intend to stay at this hotel to contact the hotel directly and make suitable arangements. Once the hotel agrees to a deal, they will honor it. It beats the uncertainty of what Hilton will end up doing, especially with those individuals who made mutiple bookings.

It's best to contact the hotel's on-site reservation office.

Good luck!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Some info on the hotel

http://www.conradconnoisseur.com/Pre...20Sheet%20.pdf

Rooms
Total of 392 luxuriously appointed, state-of-the-art guestrooms
and suites.
Room type : 200 Classic Rooms
80 Deluxe Corner Rooms
78 Executive Rooms
12 Executive Suites
13 Executive Deluxe
8 Deluxe Suites
1 Presidential Suite
􀂾 Guestroom size is 40.5 square metres (436 square feet)
􀂾 Executive Suites range from 71 square metres (764 square feet) to
90.5 square metres (974 square feet)
􀂾 Deluxe Suites are 114 square metres (1,227 square feet)
􀂾 The Presidential Suite is 238 square metres (2,562 square feet)
Guest Room Facilities 􀂾 Universal pin plug socket
􀂾 High speed Broadband Internet access with secure virtual private
network (VPN) connection
􀂾 Two phone lines with speaker and voice-mail
􀂾 Laptop/Fax/Printer set up on request
􀂾 Digital Video on demand
􀂾 Full selection of local and satellite TV channels
􀂾 In-room safe
Executive Floor Rooms 􀂾 non-smoking lounge 50-seats capacity, smoking lounge 10-seats
& Lounge capacity
􀂾 1 meeting room for up to 12 persons with Hi-speed internet
􀂾 Business Center
􀂾 Library

Executive Floor Benefits:
- Private Check-in and Check-out
- Complimentary full American and Continental buffet
breakfast at the Executive Floor Lounge (6:00-10:30 a.m.
on weekdays, 6:00-11:00 a.m. weekends)
- Complimentary hand garland and welcome drink upon arrival
- Coffee, Tea and Soft drink served throughout the day at
the Executive Floor Lounge (6:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.)
- Evening cocktails and canapés (5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- Late Check-out until 4:00 p.m.
- Complimentary pressing 3 pieces per stay
- Daily choices of newspaper
- Fresh fruit or assorted chocolate replenished daily
- Complimentary use of meeting room for 2 hours per stay
- Complimentary use of exclusive Business Center at the
Executive Floor Lounge
- Complimentary one hour per day internet access at the
Executive Floor Lounge
- Complimentary local telephone calls
- Extensive library with latest reference materials
- Complimentary outgoing domestic fax
- Complimentary fax in room upon request
- Full concierge service
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:53 pm

I sent them an email as I have every intention to stay there with my family in Dec.

I also made a 3 night booking for June before I go to Bhutan, but am more concerned about the Dec stays for now.

Hoping for the best, of course.

Seth, what do you mean with:
"I was able to work out an acceptable arrangement for my stay"

Is the rate or the room, um, different than what's stated online?

Originally Posted by SethLevy
I just got off the phone with my regular contact at the hotel (I have stayed there several times in the past) and the hotel is well aware of the mistake. The rates were quoted in Baht as opposed to dollars. Suffice it to say they are not in a position to honor reservations for their top suites under any circumstances. My contact informed me that many people made mutiple bookings and some used through a number of sources. I was told that everyone who made a reservation or multiple reservations will be contacted by the original booking agency.

As I have absolute plans to stay at this hotel and did not make reservations for mutiple days and months, I was able to work out an acceptable arrangement for my stay. In turn, the hotel issued me a new confirmation number and confirmed my airport pick-up.

I would encourage those who really intend to stay at this hotel to contact the hotel directly and make suitable arangements. Once the hotel agrees to a deal, they will honor it. It beats the uncertainty of what Hilton will end up doing, especially with those individuals who made mutiple bookings.

Good luck!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:56 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
the conrad bkk lurker?

if i remember right the conrad bkk has a lurker.
maybe she can comment on this?

about the hotel, you can now still book the rate, so why are they not fixing it?

dp
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SethLevy

Good luck!
Thanks for the update. Actually, at least it's better than the Lanesborough which started off saying it wouldn't honor it period. They eventually backed down of course. But sounds like the Conrad knows they are going to have to negotiate a bit. That's fair I think.

I wonder what AMEX and Priceline will do? And of course what Hilton will do? Do you mind letting us know what acceptable arrangement you worked out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.