[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:56 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
I saw the maintenance announcement on the HHonors site earlier.

I just confirmed by robot my $635/nt res.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:10 am

Having followed this whilst working nightshift it would appear that the great Hilton special offer is now officially over.Amongst others Priceline Hk and Sg together with travelnow.com's and hoteldiscount.com's rates have returned to more "normal" level's.It would appear that te delay in putting things "right" or maybe "wrong" for us was merely down the the maintenance schedule.

Of course somebody might know better?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:11 am

Ditto

Originally Posted by sts603
Thanks - any other airlines? could you provide a link for the consolidator?
Consolidators seem to have the fare on NW.. but doesnt seem to find avail?
Anyone know of any useful consolidators in UK, thinking about combining one one of the $300 all in JFK-LGW DL fares with a LON-BKK or LON-SIN run?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:19 am

DITTO.. I think this is a corpoate issue

Originally Posted by derpelikan
if i remember right the conrad bkk has a lurker.
maybe she can comment on this?

about the hotel, you can now still book the rate, so why are they not fixing it?

dp

I agree... the regulars at the hotel really dont call the shots on this.. this is a corporate issue, and ultimately will be decided by Hilton as to whether it will be honored. But I would venture to say that given the number of rooms they actually have.. they will be able to absorb the FTers without putting a dent in their earnings.. if anything a marketing expense.

Now.. as far as the presedential suite... finacially speaking, its worth it to offer everyone a free room at the Conrad and still keep the Pres Suite open.. surely.. if they charge $3K a night for it.. renting it out for 3 nights that an FTer might have it is worth the compensation..

Im strictly speaking from a standpoint of corporate keeping good face with FTers.. who in essense are relatively good customers.. and well.. frankly.. talk alot!!!!

^
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:20 am

INtent to stay

Originally Posted by SethLevy
I just got off the phone with my regular contact at the hotel (I have stayed there several times in the past) and the hotel is well aware of the mistake. The rates were quoted in Baht as opposed to dollars. Suffice it to say they are not in a position to honor reservations for their top suites under any circumstances. My contact informed me that many people made mutiple bookings and some used through a number of sources. I was told that everyone who made a reservation or multiple reservations will be contacted by the original booking agency.

As I have absolute plans to stay at this hotel and did not make reservations for mutiple days and months, I was able to work out an acceptable arrangement for my stay. In turn, the hotel issued me a new confirmation number and confirmed my airport pick-up.

I would encourage those who really intend to stay at this hotel to contact the hotel directly and make suitable arangements. Once the hotel agrees to a deal, they will honor it. It beats the uncertainty of what Hilton will end up doing, especially with those individuals who made mutiple bookings.

It's best to contact the hotel's on-site reservation office.

Good luck!
So are you saying that if I intend to actually stay for 3-6 months at the hotel.. its okay.. at this rate its worth it to move for a year to BKK...
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:24 am

Fine with me!!

Originally Posted by SethLevy
I am not sure what the Conrad's official position will be. The person I spoke with clearly indicated that the people who had made multiple reservations made such reservations with the full knowledge the quoted rate was in error.

Many people have sent me PMs asking for information on my deal or the name of my contact. As I advised those who contacted me, too many people have abused this rate and/or have unreasonable expectations about the type of room if any they will recieve. My deal was unique to my situations and I agreed to keep the details confidential.

As I recall the Lanesbough incident, they finally agreed only to provide reservation and did not honor multiple reservations. I think here the problem is the room type, we all know the hotel cannot provide the presidential suite or executive suite over multiple days and months at the quoted rates. On the other hand, they can and should provide a standard room (plus whatever else you can get from them).

Good luck all.
Again.. I think this would be a great deal... a regular conrad room with some perks.. perhaps daily breakfasts??? not bad at all!! especially if we can credit to HHonors!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:27 am

Guys... HILTON>. to be run by Paris in the future

Originally Posted by BumpMe!
Don't you guys think you let the cat out of the bag by instantly calling HHonors?
Not to be facetious...to all the Paris fans.. myslef included.. but Hilton can most likely absorb this hiccup in rate entries.... at leat thats what Im hoping for... more than likely.. they will accept the error.. and try to prevent it in the future.. much to our dismay...
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:58 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
hilton

well, after we were informed by one Fter that he has contacted the hotel, some FTers seems to have contacted the hotel too.

what do you think about giving cynthia a call, and the FT rep of the conrad bkk ?

there are two very nice ladies, who can 1.) ensure that hilton does not mess this one up 2.) that our interests are taken care of

did anybody already contact cynthia?

for myself, to get the best out of this, i have cancelled all not really needet bookings and have only left 2 bookings now, as i think having more than 2 reservations will result in getting all not honored.

others who have made 10+ reservations and i am sure that there are some, should think over if they really need all of these reservations. sure the price was there, but having too many reservations might let hilton just say, guys sorry but we wont honor it. if the numbers of reservations is limited, the chance for us all is even better that we are offered a decent deal.

dp
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan
well, after we were informed by one Fter that he has contacted the hotel, some FTers seems to have contacted the hotel too.

what do you think about giving cynthia a call, and the FT rep of the conrad bkk ?

there are two very nice ladies, who can 1.) ensure that hilton does not mess this one up 2.) that our interests are taken care of

did anybody already contact cynthia?

for myself, to get the best out of this, i have cancelled all not really needet bookings and have only left 2 bookings now, as i think having more than 2 reservations will result in getting all not honored.

others who have made 10+ reservations and i am sure that there are some, should think over if they really need all of these reservations. sure the price was there, but having too many reservations might let hilton just say, guys sorry but we wont honor it. if the numbers of reservations is limited, the chance for us all is even better that we are offered a decent deal.

dp
I think this is extremely sound advice. I am firmly of the opinion that we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but at the same time exploiting any offer like this just makes the corporate decision more likely to be against us all.

As for the outcome, as we know there are no hard-and-fast rules for things like this and it's probably best to wait and see what Hilton decide rather than speculate endlessly. I have my fingers crossed.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by hiyo
I just called the Hilton internet reservations confirmation robot (1-800-774-1500, option 3) and after entering my confirmation number, I heard a welcome for my dates at the Conrad Bangkok at the rate of 625 DOLLARS a night, not THB625 as shown on my AMEX confirmation email.
Yes, that seems to be the case with the one night priceline stay I had booked as well. The rate it gives is something like $1,500.70 per night which is obviously quite different than the confirmation I received from priceline.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:07 am

Question Pricing Glitches Tips

Hi All:

Just curious if anyone has any tips for using these glitches...how to get them, best way to take advantage, etc. I have been following these various threads for a few months, because I think it would make a great travel story, but one editor has said that these glitches are just too random to be used practically. If you agree or disagree with that, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks! :-:
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:11 am

Question Pricing Glitches -- any tips?

Hi All:

Just curious if anyone has any tips for using these glitches...how to get them, best way to take advantage, etc. I have been following these various threads for a few months, because I think it would make a great travel story, but one editor has said that these glitches are just too random to be used practically. If you agree or disagree with that, I would love to hear your feedback.

Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
I am watching this thread with great interest. I booked Residence Inn Time Square from August 24 - 30 for $24.90. I should be enjoying the sights and sounds of NY right now, but I am sitting at home typing this post. Marriott did not honored the rate! There is a huge thread about this at the Hotel Forum.

This was the reason I didn't jump in to this deal. It was such a pain to deals with Marriott.

Anyway, good luck, I hope Hilton will honor this deal.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by cko64
I am watching this thread with great interest. I booked Residence Inn Time Square from August 24 - 30 for $24.90. I should be enjoying the sights and sounds of NY right now, but I am sitting at home typing this post. Marriott did not honored the rate! There is a huge thread about this at the Hotel Forum.

This was the reason I didn't jump in to this deal. It was such a pain to deals with Marriott.

Anyway, good luck, I hope Hilton will honor this deal.
Hilton may not but Priceline and/or AMEX may. Back with the Lanesborough - the hotel made one offer which was good but Orbitz chose to honor as booked including all the extras in the 35 GBP package (Mercedes transfers, champagne, daily breakfast).
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by magicmel
I think it would make a great travel story, but one editor has said that these glitches are just too random to be used practically. If you agree or disagree with that, I would love to hear your feedback.

Your editor is correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.