FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:27 am
Stephann

Originally Posted by derpelikan
well, after we were informed by one Fter that he has contacted the hotel, some FTers seems to have contacted the hotel too.

what do you think about giving cynthia a call, and the FT rep of the conrad bkk ?

there are two very nice ladies, who can 1.) ensure that hilton does not mess this one up 2.) that our interests are taken care of

did anybody already contact cynthia?

for myself, to get the best out of this, i have cancelled all not really needet bookings and have only left 2 bookings now, as i think having more than 2 reservations will result in getting all not honored.

others who have made 10+ reservations and i am sure that there are some, should think over if they really need all of these reservations. sure the price was there, but having too many reservations might let hilton just say, guys sorry but we wont honor it. if the numbers of reservations is limited, the chance for us all is even better that we are offered a decent deal.

dp
I think this is extremely sound advice. I am firmly of the opinion that we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but at the same time exploiting any offer like this just makes the corporate decision more likely to be against us all.

As for the outcome, as we know there are no hard-and-fast rules for things like this and it's probably best to wait and see what Hilton decide rather than speculate endlessly. I have my fingers crossed.