Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by magicmel
Hi All:

Just curious if anyone has any tips for using these glitches...how to get them, best way to take advantage, etc. I have been following these various threads for a few months, because I think it would make a great travel story, but one editor has said that these glitches are just too random to be used practically. If you agree or disagree with that, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks! :-:
Just follow FT and you won't miss any deals. I believe I see more mistake fare on eithrt Saturday or Sunday late night/early morning , but tha's highly unscientific personal observation.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by cravenstatus
Your editor is correct.
Not necessarily - I stumbled on a glitch - the Lanesborough Summer 2005. Posted on FT. Negotiated with the hotel and Orbitz. Got interviewed by the WSJ and gathered lots of confirmation e-mails for numerous parties but at the end of the day - I got everything honored as booked.

The Larnaca Cyprus deal I booked too late on.

The Osaka Hilton I booked too late on but still got $200 worth of discounts from Travelocity (not too bad) considering that rate was displayed as right on most pages during the booking process.

It's just unpredictable...
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:32 pm

for myself, to get the best out of this, i have cancelled all not really needet bookings and have only left 2 bookings now, as i think having more than 2 reservations will result in getting all not honored.

others who have made 10+ reservations and i am sure that there are some, should think over if they really need all of these reservations. sure the price was there, but having too many reservations might let hilton just say, guys sorry but we wont honor it. if the numbers of reservations is limited, the chance for us all is even better that we are offered a decent deal.

dp

I would concur with this ..I personally had made 3 reservations and although I am actually going to be in Bkk during those times(no I don't live there ) I decided that in the interests of fair play for what is obviously a mistake rate I would reduce my official "holding" to two.We will just have to wait and see what happens but there are no prizes for guessing where I will stay on my 3rd visit to Bkk should the Conrad honour these confirmed reservations.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by magicmel
Hi All:

Just curious if anyone has any tips for using these glitches...how to get them, best way to take advantage, etc. I have been following these various threads for a few months, because I think it would make a great travel story, but one editor has said that these glitches are just too random to be used practically. If you agree or disagree with that, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks! :-:
It takes browsing serveral times a day of the Hotel Deals forum to catch them. Not practical except for the most die hard FT person.
There are two recent super hotel deals involving Priceline and Hilton. This thread and the La Quinta Resort PSP. It might make an interesting story.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Aug 27, 2006 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
about the prices

one of my booking changed to the following...

Rate Type: CONFIDENTIAL RTE
Rate per Night:
Total for Stay:
Rate includes all applicable tax and service charges Confidential rate

what does that mean????
is this a good sign or a bad sign?

anybody else ?

this is one of the direct bookings on the conrad page.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by derpelikan

Rate per Night:
Total for Stay:

what does that mean????

anybody else ?

probably a good sign
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...

Rate per Night:
Total for Stay:

what does that mean????

anybody else ?

That is the way my rate always shows on my folio when I have done a priceline bid. I think that is a good sign actually in that they are probably going to honor the rate and fix it on the back end and make sure the hotel gets their dollars and you get too keep your rate. I am just guessing though.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:50 pm
Suspended

I still can't access them with the confirmation #'s AMEX provided me.

How are y'all doing it?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
I still can't access them with the confirmation #'s AMEX provided me.

How are y'all doing it?
derpelikan did their booking via the conrad site so theirs will show up. Typically you can add your Honors number to these 3rd party booking and while they will show up in your booking on the hilton web site you will get and error when trying to click on the reservation number.....the error is similar to what you get when you input your booking confirmation number and last name on the existing reservations tab.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Beleive it or not there are still a few days left at the special rate.
Just booked 2 nights in Sept. on PRLN.Yes the price is a bit higher but still very good value.
Room Type: 1 King Bed Executive Flr Comp In Room Hsia-Comp Breakfast/Tea/Snacks
Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): US$30.24
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 2
Room Subtotal: US$60.48
Taxes & Fees: US$14.30
Total Charges: US$74.78
Good Luck!!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mcgahat
derpelikan did their booking via the conrad site so theirs will show up. Typically you can add your Honors number to these 3rd party booking and while they will show up in your booking on the hilton web site you will get and error when trying to click on the reservation number.....the error is similar to what you get when you input your booking confirmation number and last name on the existing reservations tab.
Thanks that makes me feel better.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Beleive it or not there are still a few days left at the special rate.
Just booked 2 nights in Sept. on PRLN.Yes the price is a bit higher but still very good value.
Room Type: 1 King Bed Executive Flr Comp In Room Hsia-Comp Breakfast/Tea/Snacks
Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): US$30.24
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 2
Room Subtotal: US$60.48
Taxes & Fees: US$14.30
Total Charges: US$74.78
Good Luck!!
What dates? I did some searches earlier today to see if the rates had changed and they did. I dont see any rates other than the $180+ rates.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
but this is not on the priceline bid

Originally Posted by mcgahat
That is the way my rate always shows on my folio when I have done a priceline bid. I think that is a good sign actually in that they are probably going to honor the rate and fix it on the back end and make sure the hotel gets their dollars and you get too keep your rate. I am just guessing though.

hi,

this is for a booking made directly through conrad homepage.
hope it is a good sign.

dp
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:53 pm

hi,

this is for a booking made directly through conrad homepage.
hope it is a good sign.

dp
Yes, I understand that. I am just saying that the way the rate is showing up is the same as a priceline rate would show up. Which I do think it is a good sign meaning it appears the rate would be honored but doing some accounting in the background to make the hotel and the client happy but perhaps not Hilton.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:58 pm

it is still there.

48 PREF GOLD DIAMOND
2,000.00 THB 1KNG 1BDR PRESIDENTIAL STE

i cant believe that they still didnt pull the pres. site. you can even now book it on hilton.com....

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.