Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Just stayed there for 3 days with the missus, not a particularly good hotel.

Booked a pickup from the airport by the hotel driver. The driver was pissed he had to wait about an hour for us and showed it. (The airline damaged my suitcase and we had to get that sorted). Drove like a maniac the whole way to the hotel, trying to get off on time I guess. Check-In staff was about as sterile as the hotel design.
We booked an Premier Exec Room, which was a nice size by European standards.
(Going by the fire escape map we had the biggest room on the whole floor). Welcome fruit and water, nothing special.
The lounge is a joke, way too small for the amount of executive rooms the hotel has. We didn't use the Happy Hour once during our stay because we didn't find a free table. No hot breakfast station either, so we ended up taking our breakfast in the restaurant which was nice enough.
The only upside was the central location, just 2 minutes on foot to the Powder Tower.

A pretty unmemorable stay, won't be back.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Constantly amazed when a new poster shows up with a very negative review of a Hotel that has many favorable reviews and usually the only negative things are services not provided by the Hotel and not completely under their control.

First of all this is a fairly small Hotel and they treat Golds and Diamonds extremely well. Referring to the breakfast in the Main Room as nice enough astounds me since I consider it one of the best Breakfast Buffets I have ever seen at a Hilton.

The Executive Lounge staff is one of the best I have ever experienced and the Front Desl Staff might be termed efficient but not touchy feely.

I have always been Upgraded to a Nice Room if not a suite and given whatever extras I am entitled to.

Also last year The Limo service between the Hotel and Airport is priced very favorably compared to many Hotels especially if you have 3 or 4 people. And a Mercedes is always a nice way to go!

All and all a wonderful Hotel in a great location and a Great City!

When I do research on a Hotel I have never stayed at or been a long time , I tend to throw out reviews like the above one especially when the overwhelming majority of reviews here and on Trip Advisor continue to be extremely positive. But that's just me.

Last edited by kapkap46; Jul 18, 2015 at 9:21 am
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:51 am

hilton Prague

Yes, conflicting reports can be confusing but that is after all purpose of any board to get as many one-off individual reports as possible to get an overall view.

questions:

a) is lounge small with no real BF or it is indeed very nice? (People used to Asian Hiltons wilfind European HIlton below par but those used to American Hiltons will find same ones impressive)

b) how much hilton charges for airport pickup nowadays? (sure, one can call them directly but as usual datapoint here is good too)
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kapkap46
Referring to the breakfast in the Main Room as nice enough astounds me since I consider it one of the best Breakfast Buffets I have ever seen at a Hilton.
It's one of the better breakfast buffets I've found in similar level hotels as Hiltons, not just Hiltons.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by kapkap46
Constantly amazed when a new poster shows up with a very negative review of a Hotel that has many favorable reviews and usually the only negative things are services not provided by the Hotel and not completely under their control.
Agreed but everything is relative and has to be taken in stride. The poster is HKG-based and if they are used to grandiose, over-the-top Asian properties with doting, almost excessive service then I guess they could find European properties to be inferior than what they're accustomed to.

My suggestion to that poster is that if they find the Prague property to be inferior, they should avoid US Hiltons like the plague .
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
My review was based on the first night we stayed there. That night the lounge was near empty.

The second night it was packed. It seats between 40 and 50 people. There are probably a dozen tables, then a couple of couches, and a couple of computer stations. I don't consider it small, but it could easily be that there are just too many 'executive rooms' for its size.

We walked in and it was packed, so the gal at the desk in the lounge gave us and another couple a voucher to go down to the main bar on the first floor for beverages and food. The other couple turned out to live about 20 miles from us in the states so we sat together. The waiter brought us the same food that had been available upstairs in the lounge. He brought probably 8 courses of apps for the four of us. We stayed and had probably 4 or 5 beverages each. Had there been a bill, it would have been a couple hundred dollars. I left a large tip.

So, while the lounge was busy, you really have to like how they handle the issue.

Breakfast was mostly continental with cheeses, cold meats, and, I think, hot scrambled eggs. Not huge Asian, but very nice.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Jul 18, 2015 at 3:43 pm
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I got the impression that mrgoodkat may have payed for the Executive Floor and Lounge access. I don't blame him on being pissed if payed for benefits were not useable for him because the facilities were jammed with people who had been comped the benefits (or the hotel over sold the capacity). On top of the bad limo service and smashed luggage.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
What does the damaged luggage have to do with the Hotel.

Also it appears that others have been given seats in the Main Bar and plenty to drink and eat.

Possibly his poor attitude did not allow him to receive this benefit before he walked out because it was crowded.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:37 am

Spent five nights last month at this hotel. We used the Cedaz shuttle from the airport which stopped right in front of the La Gare next door. Also used it on our departure, very convenient. We really enjoyed our visit to Prague. Most everything except for the Prague Castle was in walking distance from the hotel...Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Clock, Jewish Quarter, Boat tour, etc.

As a diamond, was upgraded to a corner (curved) suite. Only issue was with temps in the 90's and facing the sun, the AC couldn't keep up. The fan they loaned us helped as did the beer.

The lounge was very nice and a special thanks to Adriana, Lounge Supervisor. She was always pleasant and helpful and a real asset for this hotel. [
Tried breakfast one day in the main dining room. Was very crowded and other than an omelette station, we found the lounge was quieter and more than enough breakfast choices.We ate breakfast both early and late in the lounge.

The first night we ate next door at La Gare. The onion soup was delicious as was the coq a vin. We would go back again to Prague and stay at this hotel.

Last edited by apex; Sep 25, 2015 at 6:39 am Reason: correction
Old Sep 26, 2015, 8:57 am

Smile

Based upon the comments I see about the Hilton Prague Old Town, I have gone ahead and have booked a four night stay over the Easter 2016 weekend (24-28 March).

Prague is a city I'd like to revisit as my only experience was a "day trip" that was organised some 25 years ago, and it didn't do the Czech Republic capital justice, as it was a very rushed experience.

Seeing that the location of the property to the old town is really useful for getting around, I know I'll have no problems in seeing the city.

I'll be a Diamond member in a few weeks' time, so will wait to see what if any benefits I get. Whatever I get, if anything, will be a pleasant surprise as the hotel itself looks just fine even with the standard room that I've booked.

I'm sure we would all agree that service is just about as varied as it can be around the world, with nothing being the same.

What has helped me enjoy the experience even more, as well as interacting with hotel staff and locals alike, is to learn the basics of the local language. It can open many doors, even if it's just hello, please and thank you. Yes, it can lead to someone thinking you speak their language fluently, but then you can have a laugh at the same time.

The comment made by Arlflyer in his last sentence, made me laugh out loud, and I agree with him, without question.

Dorothy's comment from The Wizard of Oz "I don't think we are in Kansas any more" is oh so true for wherever in the world you visit. That said, embrace the city or town you are visiting, with open arms, and if you don't get what you want from the experience, don't go back.

Last edited by wottravel; Sep 26, 2015 at 9:13 am Reason: Spelling corrections made
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Staying here at the moment and really happy with the hotel and the service received so far. Upgraded to a one bed, executive suite at check in and have received a constant stream of 'VIP Amenities', including a bottle of bubbles and some strawberries this evening. Also very impressed with the lounge. It's small, but the food they have on offer is very nice and there's always someone on hand to provide drinks, which is nice. The range of alcohol this evening was very good and the food was okay. Almost top marks for the breakfast buffet, only let down by the lack of beans, but pulled back up by having HP sauce available
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Staying here at the moment and really happy with the hotel and the service received so far. Upgraded to a one bed, executive suite at check in and have received a constant stream of 'VIP Amenities', including a bottle of bubbles and some strawberries this evening. Also very impressed with the lounge. It's small, but the food they have on offer is very nice and there's always someone on hand to provide drinks, which is nice. The range of alcohol this evening was very good and the food was okay. Almost top marks for the breakfast buffet, only let down by the lack of beans, but pulled back up by having HP sauce available
Thanks for this update. Having booked a four night stay over the Easter period next year, only makes me look forward to it even more. Hope you have a great time. Safe travels.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Our conference just got moved to Prague due to unrest in Turkey and I just booked 4 rooms at this hotel in November under my HH Gold account. Hope they recognize my status for all of us
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Looking to stay here in June. We are diamond, so hopefully a great reception.

How easy is it to get to the O2 arena for a concert? Or are we better in the other Hilton for that?

We might stay both here and the other Hilton, as this one is only available on points for one of the nights.

Seems a shame to just spend one night in prague, so will probably make it a 2 night visit. never been before, so a new experience.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:44 am

Hilton Prague Pobrezni 1

In my opinion and after having been to Prague 10+ times, the Hilton Prague is the best option. Not only do they have more room to take very good care of diamonds, but it is going to be easy to get to the O2 arena. Tram, bus and 2 metro lines are within a 3 minute walk of the Hilton exit.

It is an easy metro to a tram or even better yet, the Uber is so easy and affordable there, it would be very quick.

The lounge is great and the duty manager team is second to none in Europe. I literally have gone there from the US just to stay at the hotel and enjoy the beautiful city again. If you would like any more details please feel free to message me directly.

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Looking to stay here in June. We are diamond, so hopefully a great reception.

How easy is it to get to the O2 arena for a concert? Or are we better in the other Hilton for that?

We might stay both here and the other Hilton, as this one is only available on points for one of the nights.

Seems a shame to just spend one night in prague, so will probably make it a 2 night visit. never been before, so a new experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.