Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:07 am

Is there really much (any) need to carry cash for day-to-day purchases in the Czech Republic these days?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:28 am

Only international cash tip I have needed for the past 10+ years is to get a Schwab investor checking card…rate is close to interbank and ATMs can charge whatever ridiculous fees they want; they just get refunded later.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by kkong42
Is there really much (any) need to carry cash for day-to-day purchases in the Czech Republic these days?
Depends on where you plan to spend money. You can survive without it but it will limit your options in some cases. And then there's stuff like paid public toilets which are sadly often still cash-only.

The card acceptance is actually going down in Czechia these months (not in touristy areas though).
​​​​​
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Just checked in here for a couple nights stay. Upgraded to king executive room, 4 suites bookable for length of our stay but no upgrade (welcome letter still mentions upgrade like others have said).
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
I stayed here in June (last month) for a week. Perfect location, really couldn't be much better, and the staff were amazing, especially in the lounge. We were upgraded to a suite as a Diamond, one of the nicest rooms in the entire hotel. We had breakfast in the restaurant twice and in the lounge the rest of the time. I honestly preferred the lounge. Much quieter as the restaurant can get very busy, and the selection, other than the cooked-to-order eggs, was exactly the same. Evening hor d'oeuvres were also very good and changed daily with a decent selection of wine, beer and booze. As another poster said, the lounge staff were over-the-top nice and so helpful. They really couldn't have been nicer and it was a pleasure going to the lounge every day. There is a tram stop and metro station right around the corner but the location is so central, you can walk to almost everything. The bus from the airport drops you at the main train station which is a short, easy walk to the Hilton. I would 100% stay here again. While slightly dated, the location and the service more than make up for it.
Our stay was early June. I neglected to post here.

We stayed as a family of 4. For that reason spreading out in the restaurant for breakfast was our choice (and they offer made to order avo toast which our kids like).

At check in, they thanked me for being Diamond. They mentioned breakfast being a benefit in the restaurant.

Me: “for all 4 of us?l
Rep: “but of course sir!”
None of that $10 credit crap like in the US

And the lounge staff was so friendly. The people, the service, the location. 10/10 recommend. Even the in room dining was decent price and pretty tasty and well presented (after a day of walking our feet off)
Abidjan and dlaue like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:04 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Our stay was early June. I neglected to post here.

We stayed as a family of 4. For that reason spreading out in the restaurant for breakfast was our choice (and they offer made to order avo toast which our kids like).

At check in, they thanked me for being Diamond. They mentioned breakfast being a benefit in the restaurant.

Me: “for all 4 of us?l
Rep: “but of course sir!”
None of that $10 credit crap like in the US

And the lounge staff was so friendly. The people, the service, the location. 10/10 recommend. Even the in room dining was decent price and pretty tasty and well presented (after a day of walking our feet off)
Sounds like we were there at the same time. 10/10 from me as well.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 5:31 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Is it still the case that the best you can get as a Diamond booking a standard room is executive room? Trying to figure out what to do with our award stay this Christmas, since we'd normally prefer twin beds, but it's not absolutely 100% necessary and if there's a good chance for a suite upgrade, I'd rather book a king bed.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
My strategy in this case is to book a King room. If at check-in there is no suite offered/available there is almost never a problem to request a Twin Exec instead of the King.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 7:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I’ve been coming for many years and to their credit they always have a culture of caring
Only visit once a year but always in a suite from a king room.I also don’t come in high season expecting something that may be more challenging to deliver
beltway and the810 like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have there not been any renovations here? That's incredibly disapppointing.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:37 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Have there not been any renovations here? That's incredibly disapppointing.
Not that I’m aware of
Yes it’s dated but well kept imo
I like new too but sometimes old is ok if it’s well maintained, and service is generally can do
They still do a generous breakfast that had dwindled in the US by comparison and offers a club lounge
that has a decent spread @ night too
The package works pretty nicely looking at the upsides

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.