Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by aceman
any info on staying at this hotel via a travel agent booking?

I might be staying here on some sort of corporate rate, noticed great welcomes for golds here, like club access, just wondering if that would transfer over.
Hiltons like most major chains do not favour bookings via third parties. Try and book direct if you can.

Great hotel and great lounge. How an executive lounge should be run.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Great hotel, I really like it. Location is good, lounge smaller but good with a good selection of drinks. Saying that, I do like both Prague Hiltons, and Prague itself a lot!

Ask nicely, I have always felt in the past that Customer Service here is good, but don't DYKWIA!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:26 am

What is DYKWIA?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lifeofreilly
What is DYKWIA?
"Don't/Do - You - Know - Who/What - I - Am"

reference to playing top elite status card/tantrum in some instances by some guests.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by helosc
I use the airport shuttle Cedaz, it has its end stop right next to Hilton Prague Old Town.
150 CZK per person.
Leaves every half hour. I have used it the four times I have been to Prague and it has always been on time and there has always been place.

http://www.cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-b...gue-centre.php
A heads up for those planning to use the Cedaz shuttle to V Celnici and Hilton Old Town, the shuttle was terminated on 29/12/16. Unfortunately I arrived on 30/12/16. Ah well, the 119 to the metro worked fine.

Don't know if this is seasonal or not.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
In the early stages of planning a European trip for spring 2018 with a 7-9 night stay in Prague. Tourism purposes only and first visit to Prague.

Am I correct in favoring the Old Town location over the Hilton Prague? Will be dropping to Gold, but lounge access is of relatively high value to us. Would either of the 2 properties be more likely to have upgrade availability for Gold, or would both be just a role of the dice?

In addition to the location, the massive size of the Hilton Prague and associated facilities are a bit off-putting.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Town means walking to everything, highly recommended. You are easily in the thick of it and can even go back and forth from a tourist spot to hotel during the day very easily. And the hotel is lovely.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not been to the old town, but thoroughly enjoyed the other one.

Easy to walk to the underground or trams to go anywhere via a small shopping arcade.

Very good lounge. Probably one of the best.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Having stayed at both properties, we walked from the old town location as well as the larger Hilton. If you are OK with walking maybe another mile or so each day, it's not *that* far away. Google map it to see if it really is a problem or not. From the larger Hilton, you walk down a well traveled business street to get to the older parts of town. The two Hiltons are .5 miles apart, walking. So figure an extra mile a day stroll or to tack onto an Uber. For some people with health issues, that's huge, but Prague is a "walking city" anyway, what's a few more steps? (Especially if you want to burn off that trdelnik pastry.)
I mapped the Starbucks at the Castle (admittedly the coolest Starbucks I've ever seen, and probably the farthest point a normal tourist jaunt might take you from the Hilton) - 1.9mi from big Hilton. 1.3mi from Old Town.

The big Hilton has a killer lounge. The Old Town is smaller but still quite good.
I got upgraded at both.
Old Town is warmer feeling by far.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks for the comments. We'll likely stick with the Old Town location more for the difference in atmosphere of the property and the immediate neighbourhood rather than the difference in distance.

I'll likely book the lowest category and see what we might get for an upgrade, and maybe try for an upsell at checkin.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thanks for the comments. We'll likely stick with the Old Town location more for the difference in atmosphere of the property and the immediate neighbourhood rather than the difference in distance.

I'll likely book the lowest category and see what we might get for an upgrade, and maybe try for an upsell at checkin.
I just finished staying at both properties. The Old Town used to be one of my favorite Hiltons but service has declined significantly. Check-in was curt and when I asked if it was a quiet room I was told yes despite it being right next to the health club and service room. The person in the executive lounge spent more time in the back room chatting with friends then taking care of customers. She really couldn't care about your stay. Now the Prague Hilton was completely different. Service was outstanding as well as the executive lounge. I'd certainly choose staying there until Old Town gets it together.

I think you'd have a better shot at upgrade at a larger property.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Hilton Prague Old Town, upgrade Golds. Nice property, always had great service in the lounge, though it can become a little crowded in the evenings due to the very generous upgrade policy!
It also has good location with helpful concierge. Nice small health club but be aware that the sauna is strictly nude and coed!!!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I just finished staying at both properties. The Old Town used to be one of my favorite Hiltons but service has declined significantly. Check-in was curt and when I asked if it was a quiet room I was told yes despite it being right next to the health club and service room. The person in the executive lounge spent more time in the back room chatting with friends then taking care of customers. She really couldn't care about your stay. Now the Prague Hilton was completely different. Service was outstanding as well as the executive lounge. I'd certainly choose staying there until Old Town gets it together.

I think you'd have a better shot at upgrade at a larger property.
Wow- I'm very sorry to hear that. I stayed at the Old Town a few years ago, and remember the lounge staff as being incredibly attentive-- they continually monitored and refilled my drinks, and kept the food coming. I also had a great upgrade there- one of the best I've ever received. I wonder if the GM has changed recently.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Having stayed at both properties, we walked from the old town location as well as the larger Hilton. If you are OK with walking maybe another mile or so each day, it's not *that* far away. Google map it to see if it really is a problem or not. From the larger Hilton, you walk down a well traveled business street to get to the older parts of town. The two Hiltons are .5 miles apart, walking. So figure an extra mile a day stroll or to tack onto an Uber. For some people with health issues, that's huge, but Prague is a "walking city" anyway, what's a few more steps? (Especially if you want to burn off that trdelnik pastry.)
I mapped the Starbucks at the Castle (admittedly the coolest Starbucks I've ever seen, and probably the farthest point a normal tourist jaunt might take you from the Hilton) - 1.9mi from big Hilton. 1.3mi from Old Town.

The big Hilton has a killer lounge. The Old Town is smaller but still quite good.
I got upgraded at both.
Old Town is warmer feeling by far.
Ditto, also stayed at both. Additionally you are more likely to be upgraded at larger Hilton.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I was at the Hilton Old Town with friends in late January and we were all happy with our stay, including time in the lounge (I'm Diamond, they're Gold). As we were there during a slow period, we had time to talk with some of the lounge employees about our travel and Prague, and found everyone, across the board, offering great customer service (and even shopping and sightseeing tips). I'm honestly surprised to read the negative review as my stay was just the opposite and I'd readily stay there again.

We did the lounge breakfast one morning and the restaurant buffet the second morning. For my needs, when I travel solo, think I'd just do the lounge, as there was enough there for me. If you're with a group, maybe the restaurant.

More photos in my Hilton gallery: https://tom911.smugmug.com/Hotels/Hilton-family-hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.