Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by alc
My family (wife and 7yr old kid) and I will be staying at Hilton Prague Old Town in a couple weeks. Was wondering which Airport Shuttle company would recommend. Don't mind sharing to keep the cost down. Most important to us is the reliability of the company. Our flight land at 11pm.

In regarding to the hotel itself, was wondering what kind of upgrade should I expect as a Gold member.

Thanks.
We use the following company most frequently in my family. http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.cz/price-list/

They've been very reliable for us, and they also provide the required child seat for young children (at least for the private sedan transfer if that is what you choose and inform them of the child passenger's age). It was cheaper than what this Hilton was offering for the hotel transfer costs. By the way, if you book a shared vehicle for three, the odds are rather high you may end up with a private sedan for no additional cost.

Upgrade at hotel? The hotel seems to be pretty good about Gold upgrades/benefits and is as mentioned in the prior post.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:35 am
alc

Thanks helosc and GUWonder for the quick respond and the link to the web site.

What I start wondering is whether I should stay at the Courtyard or Holiday Inn by the airport and then take the shuttle in the morning, mainly due to the time of arrival. Does this sound logically? Or am I just creating more problem for myself.

Thanks again
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks helosc and GUWonder for the quick respond and the link to the web site.

What I start wondering is whether I should stay at the Courtyard or Holiday Inn by the airport and then take the shuttle in the morning, mainly due to the time of arrival. Does this sound logically? Or am I just creating more problem for myself.

Thanks again
The only reason I would consider staying at the PRG airport hotels on the night of arrival is if the properties were cheaper and would happen to work out as part of a strategy to save money (or points) on hotels+transport+breakfast costs.

The Courtyard Marriott is closer walking distance from the terminal used for Schengen flights. The Holiday Inn PRG airport seemed like it would be significantly less convenient than the Courtyard.

On my late night arrivals into PRG for visits to the Prague city center, I would generally try to avoid staying at the airport hotels if at all practical.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:38 am
alc

Thanks for the quick respond again. We only have a 2 days quick visit at Prague before start driving down south. We figure we do not need a rental while within Prague City. So, it sound like we should just head to Hilton upon arrival. Thanks for clearing up my brain
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks for the quick respond again. We only have a 2 days quick visit at Prague before start driving down south. We figure we do not need a rental while within Prague City. So, it sound like we should just head to Hilton upon arrival. Thanks for clearing up my brain
You definitely don't need or want a car in the city when playing tourist in the city. The idea of heading directly to the Hilton Old Town will get you in position to start your first full day off earlier than the hassle of changing hotels.

Prague is such that a two day visit will require packing in your days to see the major highlights around town; so I think you made a good decision to get in position at the hotel in town as soon as you could. Even just visiting the Hrad/Castle complex in Prague took even the museum-uninterested in my family a good three or four hours and some had to return a second day to see the rest of what interested them there just in the Castle complex/park grounds.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
Enjoy Prague! Great city. And I agree with others that I would head into town upon arrival, just so you avoid the hassle of switching hotels the next morning, and missing out pretty much most of the morning for seeing the town.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:52 am
alc

Thanks again for all the comments and recommendation. Will go with the shuttle recommended above and head to town right away.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Are the beds standard Hilton comfortable beds like the US?
Or are they platform beds?
The other Hilton in Prague had platform beds and they were very hard to sleep on as they were like cement
Hoping this isn't the same
Appreciate the feedback
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Are the beds standard Hilton comfortable beds like the US?
Or are they platform beds?
The other Hilton in Prague had platform beds and they were very hard to sleep on as they were like cement
Hoping this isn't the same
Appreciate the feedback
I am there now. I don't know what platform beds are and I don' know if the beds are like in the USA. I do know that I don't like hard beds and these don't feel hard to me at all.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by helosc
I am there now. I don't know what platform beds are and I don' know if the beds are like in the USA. I do know that I don't like hard beds and these don't feel hard to me at all.
Thank You so much
awesome!!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:48 am

Maybe someone who knows the kind of beds you are talking about will also answer and then you'll be sure - after all it is a bit subjective what is hard and what is not hard. But I hate hard beds. It's a very nice hotel with a nice location and a nice lounge - and they still have drinks in the evening.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:54 am

Maybe someone who knows the kind of beds you are talking about will also answer and then you'll be sure - after all it is a bit subjective what is hard and what is not hard. But I hate hard beds. It's a very nice hotel with a nice location and a nice lounge - and they still have drinks in the evening.
I'll be testing them shortly probably before your check out
And will review!
After thousand's of room nights across the globe I know my hotel beds
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
FYI, I found the convenient shuttle link + FAQ that includes where to go etc. I can't tell if they take credit cards or not.

http://www.cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-b...gue-centre.php
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:56 am

No credit cards.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
No credit cards.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.