Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:07 pm

Had a very nice three day stay in late November. Comfortable room (smoking - a big plus for my wife!), very welcoming, simple but fine breakfast in lounge. Diamond recognition was good - upgraded room, fruit plate & bottled water, daily sweet treat in room, internet for both devices. The lounge staff was friendly and enthusiastic. Location was great at main subway line and close to trams, train station, etc.

One warning on Prague train station - we went to official taxi stand and asked for taxi to this hotel, they said sure, 980 Crowns. That's about $50. Looked at the map, it was a six block walk which is what we did. Stuck to public transit, which worked very well.

I recommend the modern art museum at Veltrezni Palace, and the Italian restaurant Aromi.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Anyone taken the shuttle service from the airport to somewhere near the Hilton Old Town? If so, where does it drop you off in relation to the hotel?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Anyone taken the shuttle service from the airport to somewhere near the Hilton Old Town? If so, where does it drop you off in relation to the hotel?
I've only taken it from the Hilton Old Town to the airport in August 2011. It picks up (and I assume drops off) in front of the CSA Airlines office which is next door to the hotel. Very convenient and very CHEAP. Highly recommended.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by GatorNation
I've only taken it from the Hilton Old Town to the airport in August 2011. It picks up (and I assume drops off) in front of the CSA Airlines office which is next door to the hotel. Very convenient and very CHEAP. Highly recommended.
Thanks GatorNation!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by phedre
Yes, it was the Prague Old Town.
I thought this was the Renaissance, now Hilton?

Reviews here are so mixed.

Since I have both Hilton Diamond and Marriott Platinum status, which is the better choice, given the Marriott directly across the road?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Has anyone stayed in a Jr. Suite at the Old Town Hilton? Is there a separate bedroom, or is it just a bigger room with a sitting area?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Has anyone stayed in a Jr. Suite at the Old Town Hilton? Is there a separate bedroom, or is it just a bigger room with a sitting area?
Well, I can't answer my own question as we were upgraded to an Exec. Suite (due to wife's Gold status), which does have a separate living room and bedroom. The hotel set up 2 cots in the living room for the kids. Room was very nice. Executive lounge was great, with buffet breakfast, evening self-serve bar, and an extremely helpful and attentive staff. ^^

The hotel was a short walk (800m) from the main train station, and we could walk from the hotel to the main square and onwards to the Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. We never bothered with taxis or the metro. There was an open-air market in the square closest to the hotel where we ate lunch one day, just buying random food items and beer and eating at the picnic tables that were set up (got a bit more of a local-flavor than the main tourist area restaurants).

All the staff at the hotel spoke English, and all guests we saw were Americans. If you're looking for a real Czech experience in your hotel, this isn't for you. But as a non-Czech-speaking family of four, it turned out to be ideal for us.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:59 am

It seems important to note, since a few have mentioned it in this thread (albeit in old posts), but Hilton Prague Old Town is NOT located across from central or main train station. It is located across from Praha Masarykovo Station which is a CD regional train station and the 3rd largest in Prague. International bound trains will arrive/depart from Praha Hlavní Nádraží (Czech for "main station" - sometimes displayed as "Praha HlN.") or Praha Nádraží Holešovice (second largest station).

Also, there is an airport shuttle that leaves hourly, if memory serves, from directly in front of the entrance to the Hilton Old Town and it is a great deal at about 150czk per person!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Just had the weekend there. As a Diamond the upgrade was to an executive room on the eighth floor, which is where the executive lounge is.

The lounge always seemed to be very busy whenever there was free food on offer (breakfast, 1500-1800 sandwiches and cakes, 1800-2000 snacks and spirits).

The Diamond perk free breakfast was, we were informed at check-in, only to be taken in the lounge and not the restaurant, however, in practice many people turning up at the lounge found no room and they were offered complementary breakfast in the restaurant instead (and room numbers taken to adjust the bill).

The lounge is not staffed during the day, so no check-out there in the early afternoon, for example.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen

Also, there is an airport shuttle that leaves hourly, if memory serves, from directly in front of the entrance to the Hilton Old Town and it is a great deal at about 150czk per person!
Not quite in front of the hotel, but about 20 meters to the right when exiting on the hotel side of the street. And it is very convenient and great value for getting to the airport!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Not quite in front of the hotel, but about 20 meters to the right when exiting on the hotel side of the street. And it is very convenient and great value for getting to the airport!
You're right...I should have said very close to the entrance... but as the shuttle is often marketed to be located at the Marriott Old Town, which it definitely isn't.

An incredible value indeed. The cheapest car service I've ever found was about 500czk, so at less than 1/3rd of that price it's a steal!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:45 pm

It seems important to note, since a few have mentioned it in this thread (albeit in old posts), but Hilton Prague Old Town is NOT located across from central or main train station. It is located across from Praha Masarykovo Station which is a CD regional train station and the 3rd largest in Prague. International bound trains will arrive/depart from Praha Hlavní Nádraží (Czech for "main station" - sometimes displayed as "Praha HlN.") or Praha Nádraží Holešovice (second largest station).
This is true, but the main (international) train station is still only a 800m walk from the hotel. This is easily done (even with rolling suitcases and kids) in about 15-20 min. If it's daytime and not raining, I would recommend this to avoid having to deal with taxis.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
You're right...I should have said very close to the entrance... but as the shuttle is often marketed to be located at the Marriott Old Town, which it definitely isn't.

An incredible value indeed. The cheapest car service I've ever found was about 500czk, so at less than 1/3rd of that price it's a steal!
Even more of a steal is riding the metro green to the end then getting on the #100 bus; total around 48 czk (24 + 24). The #100 bus driver never even asked to look at our ticket; also I rode the subway around 10 times and was never asked to see a ticket; kind of like Venice and the vaporetto. I know it a fine if you don't have a ticket but nobody ever seems to check.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Even more of a steal is riding the metro green to the end then getting on the #100 bus; total around 48 czk (24 + 24). The #100 bus driver never even asked to look at our ticket; also I rode the subway around 10 times and was never asked to see a ticket; kind of like Venice and the vaporetto. I know it a fine if you don't have a ticket but nobody ever seems to check.
We did the whole bus/metro thing once on the inbound, and if you have any amount of luggage, and it rains, you'll have a miserable time lugging around, trust me . I'd never do it again!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by kmandrew
My wife and I were checked once at Dejvicke (the end of green line you mentioned) after a week of riding in May which included many times where the ticket was close/over expiration. Luckily our ticket was valid. Mostly the police leave the tourists alone, but they do check, and one Hilton guest told me they held him for over an hour because he could not produce his passport immediately, a hassle but no real consequence. The checkers work mostly in pairs and a friend of mine from Prague explains that he gets hit with the fine a couple of times a year when he is just too lazy to take out his phone to pay the fare, but he also dodges fares fairly regularly it seems.

fwiw, we were checked in Budapest and had expired tickets but the tram police just looked at my wife and me who had put expired tickets into the machine, and looked at each other, and said to each other in Hungarian - it's just not worth it. We smiled right at them. I can't say I run to get new tickets the minute the old ones expire but the police do check in Prague.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.