Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:58 pm

thanks

One less thing to pack
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
After having had a troubling issue with a prepaid reservation at this hotel which eventually had been resolved ahead of my arrival (see: Manipulation on prepaid, confirmed reservation) I want to share my experience after having stayed here.

First of all: my trust in this property had been re-instated by the actions the GM had taken whenever I addressed him personally. Second: we arrived at Prague three nights before and stayed at the Hotel Imperial Prague - and that was just great, very comfortable, welcoming and rather a stone throw away from this Hilton hotel (we chose the Imperial because of its historic Art Deco Design). So Hilton Prague Old Town probably had a difficult job to please us.
They did. Of course, my experience might be biased since we received some special attention due to our issue. But not everybody in this hotel knew and we did have a great time there.

The Govenor suite we were put in was great, although it had a disproportionaly small and extremely plain bathroom. As we learned remodeling plans are on their way. We had some trouble with the tv signal and the wifi signal (as if we would have attracted this) and they tried immediately and they tried hard to solve it.
Talking to the GM was a very nice experience. And it seems as if his management and leadership style is very effective on the whole team. I met a lot of motivated, knowledgable and friendly staff when being there for three nights.
The restaurant experience was outstanding. We chose Asian dishes. This would not have been my first choice when having just arrived in Prague but after 6 days it was a welcome change on the menue. The food quality was high, the presentation as high but most of all service members were great, from welcome to good-bye. We talked to Mr. Luan, an absolutely great professional, who added greatly to our experience. We had been invited by the GM as means of compensation for the troubles mentioned beforehand and we went on our last night there. But I would chose this restaurant again and can wholeheartedly recommend it.

We have been to the executive lounge a few times. They do offer afternoon tea with real cakes (this has become very rare unfortunately), all spirits and some food from 18.00-20.30 (if I remember correctly) and after that beer & wine is still out (again a rare experience). There was a young Mr. Miki who made the stay at the EL great.

At check-in and at check-out we spoke to Mr. Miroslav Pijak. He frequently answers to reviews on Tripadvisor. Since we opted to stay at another hotel for our last night in Prague (yes, this was hotel hopping to some extend) we decided to ask for a taxi. Mr. Pijak offered us the alternative of a hotel limousine which was somewhat more expensive than a taxi but by paying a fixed price it was probably more "safe". We chose the limousine and it was a nice experience, good and polite driver, good car.

All in all, we were happy at this Hilton hotel. Centrally located, modern, well maintained, well managed, welcoming staff. It simply was a joyful Hilton experience. One of those moments that make me feeling comfortable as a HHonors member.
Old May 19, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Great Property

Just got back from two (non-consecutive) nights at the Hilton Prague Old Town. This may have been my best stay ever at a Hilton. I had been debating between this property and the other Hilton in Prague, and was very glad afterwards to have chose the Hilton Old Town. For the first night, I had booked an executive room -- it was quite spacious and comfortable, and I was very happy to receive both a fruit plate and a dessert plate in the room (I am a HH Gold, so don't know if this was a Gold amenity, Exec floor amenity, or both). On my second stay I was upgraded to a suite, which was extremely nice, and also came with fruit and dessert plates. Both rooms were comfortable and very very quiet - not a bit of noise from other rooms, the hallway, or the street. As others have mentioned, the executive lounge is relatively small, and didn't have a wide variety of offerings. That said, during my stay it never got too crowded during either the afternoon snack hours or the evening cocktail hours-- I was always able to easily get a seat, and I found that they had enough food and drink to keep me happy. The lounge attendants were fabulous-- they welcomed each guest to the lounge, explained what was avaiable, and checked back frequently to provide drink refills. I've never had such attentive service in an exec lounge at any hotel in which I've stayed.
Had breakfast one morning - was told at check-in that I could choose the lounge or the restaurant, and went with the restaurant. Breakfast offerings were quite extensive, with both hot and cold choices. They also made me an excellent capuccino.
One of the best features of this property for me was location. I had very limited time in Prague, and wanted to do as much sightseeing and walking around as possible. With the hotel being only about two blocks from the edge of the tourist district and literally across the street from subway and tram stops, I was able to easily hit all of the places I wanted to see. I also found it convenient for when I purchased gifts for the family, as I could easily duck back into my room to drop off the purchases, before continuing to sightsee/shop. While I was there, a small farmers' market was set up across the street; that was also a nice feature, as I picked up lunch there one day and dinner there another (along with a few handmade gifts to take home). I was also surprised to learn from the concierge that the main train station was less than a 10 minute walk from the hotel; that saved me having to take public transit or a taxi one day when I had to leave town by train.
As stated earlier, this was an outstanding stay, due to a combination of some very nice rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, and a great location. I'll definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Prague.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
We are taking an Avalon Riverboat cruise in July and in conjunction with this will be staying at the Prague Old Town Hotel (thru Avalon) for three nights. As I am Hilton Gold, what are my chances of being upgraded to the EF, or even being granted access to the Executive Lounge?

DD
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy
We are taking an Avalon Riverboat cruise in July and in conjunction with this will be staying at the Prague Old Town Hotel (thru Avalon) for three nights. As I am Hilton Gold, what are my chances of being upgraded to the EF, or even being granted access to the Executive Lounge?

DD
My guess it that your chances are quite good. I had two stays here in May (bookends to a 10 days trip) to run the marathon in Prague and also visit Vienna and Munich. As an HH Gold, I was given EL access (both stays were over the weekend).

As others have said, the staff at this property are TOP NOTCH. Check-in on both stays was smooth. Finnair lost my luggage at the start of my trip and the front desk and concierge were all over the situation - calling the airline several times a day and updating me as to status. The staff in the EL were extremely courteous and willing to help in any way.

I used the hotel's car service to and from the airport. Very efficient and cost about the same as a taxi. It is also available 24 hours a day (my flight outbound was at 7:00am on a Sunday morning and they were ready waiting at 5:00am on the nose as promised).

If I ever have reason to travel back to Prague, I will absolutely stay there again, and I would highly recommend it to others.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
tcollins33,

Thanks for your reply but I just found out that we will likely be staying at the other Hilton Prague. Oh well! We will have to get used to longer walks to the tourist traps.

DD
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
deleted

Last edited by abaheti; Jul 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm Reason: picked one!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:21 pm

Booked the Old Town location. Can anyone describe where to catch the shuttle at the airport, and what it is named/signage or what it looks like (colors, logo, etc)? Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by abaheti
Booked the Old Town location. Can anyone describe where to catch the shuttle at the airport, and what it is named/signage or what it looks like (colors, logo, etc)? Thanks.
Are you using the hotel's car service? If so (and assuming you made the proper arrangements with the hotel), upon leaving the baggage claim area there will be someone waiting for you holding a sign with the Hilton logo and your name. When I was there in May, the car was a very nice black Skoda Superb.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:51 am

Did you book the airport pickup service? If so, there will just be a driver standing at the main entrance/exit of airport with a sign. I just used that service last week for the other Hilton Prague, but I'd assume it would be the same for Old Town Hilton as well.

Originally Posted by abaheti
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by tcollins33
Are you using the hotel's car service?
Originally Posted by jeff191
Did you book the airport pickup service?
Oops, sorry, I meant the public paid shuttle bus to downtown old city that was mentioned earlier in the thread. Although that raises the question of what did it cost you for the car service (vs two passengers on the shuttle mentioned here below... This is the one where I don't know where at the airport to catch, but depending on cost a private car sounds like fun too.)

Originally Posted by HockeyCoachBen
Also, there is an airport shuttle that leaves hourly, if memory serves, from directly in front of the entrance to the Hilton Old Town and it is a great deal at about 150czk per person!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:11 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Any recommendations regarding cheap parking options near the hotel? Will be there for 4 days next weekend.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:28 pm
alc

My family (wife and 7yr old kid) and I will be staying at Hilton Prague Old Town in a couple weeks. Was wondering which Airport Shuttle company would recommend. Don't mind sharing to keep the cost down. Most important to us is the reliability of the company. Our flight land at 11pm.

In regarding to the hotel itself, was wondering what kind of upgrade should I expect as a Gold member.

Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by alc
My family (wife and 7yr old kid) and I will be staying at Hilton Prague Old Town in a couple weeks. Was wondering which Airport Shuttle company would recommend. Don't mind sharing to keep the cost down. Most important to us is the reliability of the company. Our flight land at 11pm.

In regarding to the hotel itself, was wondering what kind of upgrade should I expect as a Gold member.

Thanks.
I use the airport shuttle Cedaz, it has its end stop right next to Hilton Prague Old Town.
150 CZK per person.
Leaves every half hour. I have used it the four times I have been to Prague and it has always been on time and there has always been place.

http://www.cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-b...gue-centre.php

I have booked executive rooms when I have been there ( and then been upgraded to executive plus - bigger room ) but I have read that they very often upgrade standard room to executive room with lounge access. They have a very nice lounge - very friendly staff there.And they give you the choice of breakfast in lounge or in restaurant ( at least have been doing so far ).
I am actually going there tomorrow
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I am sorry - I missed that you were arriving so late. The Cedaz shuttle doesn't run so late in the evening - but maybe you can use it on your way back.
The Hilton always sends out a welcome e-mail a few days before arrival where they also offer to arrange any transport you might need. I don't know what they charge for an airport transfer but it might be worth it given the late hour and probably long flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.