Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Hilton Prague -Old Town

Heading to Prague this summer staying at the Hilton Prague Old town

Any room, food or tour suggestions?
Any close by local places not to miss?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:58 pm

4 nights

Stayed 4 nights here in late December. Booked a king guest room and upgraded to king executive room with diamond benefit. Water left daily and overall good room. Breakfast was packed but crowds handled well even with an omelette bar. Lounge was small but had a decent array and fantastic service. Overall a great stay during a busy time for the hotel.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I have a 2 night stay coming up. I got a rate of 79 per night vs. a possible 60 per night at the other one. I was thinking of moving to the other one because of the great executive lounge but from what I've read it's got a bit downhill so it may not be worth it. How are the rooms? It looks like they've been renovated recently. Anyone have any opinions on at this point in time if the extra 19 Euros per night is worth being at the Old Town? First time in Prague but extra walking doesn't bother me so the location of either should be fine. I'm more concerned with the rooms and diamond treatment more than anything.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:44 pm

Jack has left the hotel.

Hi All,
Staying at Prague Old Town Room on 7th floor has new decor if a bit noisy from trams.
The lounge offering has deteriorated they no longer offer Jack Daniels.

Basset
llfoster likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Anyone got any recent reviews of this hotel? I am looking to go in Dec for four days over the weekend (Thurs-Mon). Anyone know what my likely upgrade (if at all) and what the lounge offerings are like in the evening (both in regards to food and drinks)?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Anyone got any recent reviews of this hotel? I am looking to go in Dec for four days over the weekend (Thurs-Mon). Anyone know what my likely upgrade (if at all) and what the lounge offerings are like in the evening (both in regards to food and drinks)?
I was there last month. As a lowly Gold, I was upgraded to a room on the exec floor. This seems to be a seasonal thing—my then-Diamond DW got no upgrade (but lounge access, of course)—in mid-September a couple years back when the hotel was more fully booked. With the popularity of the Christmas market, hard to know how December plays out.

Evening offerings are heavy appetizers; IIRC, we saw mini chicken schnitzels, small baked Brie, sliced beef in sauce, and chicken on skewers (pan-cooked in a vaguely Chinese-style spicy sauce). You could certainly make a dinner out of it; we did so our first night in the face of heavy rain.

For drinks, there are about 10 liquor choices, including basics (rum, vodka, whisky), Campari, and port; this is available 7-9:30. Beer & wine, including sparkling wine, are available until the lounge closes (10:30 or 11; I’d have to go back & check that).
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:21 pm

Diamond stay

We stayed here for 5 nights on points end of May. We were given a small king room with no view, only of a dingy, small courtyard. I did see online that suites were available, so I went back down and asked if I could possibly get upgraded to a suite. They told me that even as a Diamond, I would need to pay an extra $120 a night. I was under impression that when available, they were given to Diamonds. Guess they were holding those rooms for paying guests. I asked for at least a room with a sofa, but they said that those rooms weren't available. I did get lounge access, but so do golds. The lounge is too small and was extremely busy all nights. I really didn't think the appetizers or the wine was very good. Very few appetizers when we were there. However, the breakfast buffet in restaurant in morning was good. Perhaps I should have tried the other hilton.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Just spent 4 nights here as a Diamond member. I checked in early due to the US flight so thankfully they had a room ready around 1pm. However it was not on the executive floor and right across from the elevator. they offered to host us in the lounge to accommodate us with a new room. The new room was also on the 4th floor, window view of the roof of the 2nd floor and the rest of the building and now sharing a wall with the elevator vs being across from it. Very odd to book a diamond member in that type of room, even checking in early they could have offered to hold our bags until something better was cleaned up. either way we were tired from travel so just accepted it.

The lounge is SUPER busy and almost every night they offered vouchers to go downstairs. Take the voucher. the lounge is hot and over crowded, the same food/drinks are downstairs and you can sit and talk way more comfortably. The breakfast was busy but as mentioned handled fine, never had a wait. The help was 50/50, some people were super friendly and outgoing to help, others offered no help or outright wrong information (like the lounge concierge telling me an attraction was closed when I knew it wasn't so I just went to the main concierge on the ground floor to book it).

The location is good. The beds could be a bit more comfortable but that is an opinion I suppose.

Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again. It is just your average Hilton, nothing amazing, nothing awful.
chrisny2 and Ed Size like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by eggzlot
Just spent 4 nights here as a Diamond member. I checked in early due to the US flight so thankfully they had a room ready around 1pm. However it was not on the executive floor and right across from the elevator. they offered to host us in the lounge to accommodate us with a new room. The new room was also on the 4th floor, window view of the roof of the 2nd floor and the rest of the building and now sharing a wall with the elevator vs being across from it. Very odd to book a diamond member in that type of room, even checking in early they could have offered to hold our bags until something better was cleaned up. either way we were tired from travel so just accepted it.

The lounge is SUPER busy and almost every night they offered vouchers to go downstairs. Take the voucher. the lounge is hot and over crowded, the same food/drinks are downstairs and you can sit and talk way more comfortably. The breakfast was busy but as mentioned handled fine, never had a wait. The help was 50/50, some people were super friendly and outgoing to help, others offered no help or outright wrong information (like the lounge concierge telling me an attraction was closed when I knew it wasn't so I just went to the main concierge on the ground floor to book it).

The location is good. The beds could be a bit more comfortable but that is an opinion I suppose.

Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again. It is just your average Hilton, nothing amazing, nothing awful.
Just stayed there for a couple of nights and I second your assessment of the stay!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by eggzlot
Just come back from a 3 night stay there - next time I will go to "the other" Hilton in Prague - most of the time a little cheaper, and the lounge is never as crowded.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Just had a 2 night stay here and was treated very well. Welcome letter before arrival recognizing status. Arrived before noon and were upgraded to a renovated ..beautiful high floor suite. A welcome fruit basket, wine choc and macaroons. Nice breakfast. Yes lounge was crowded at night but in some respects it's because there is enough food for people to camp out for dinner. We watched a family of four wait for the sushi and then both parents cleared out all sushi for themselves and their kids several times. Location was good and staff was very helpful. I rate this well above average stay.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: lanpass, asiamiles, oneworld, skywards
My parents have had Diamond status with HH for well over 10 years now, maybe closer to 20 years. My mother stayed here last year and she was treated horribly by the staff at arrival. They basically ignored the Diamond status and the FO manager was quite rude and sarcastic to her when she asked for the lounge access. I actually called HH guest services at the time to complain which is something I would never do. They contacted the hotel and the hotel responded to them stating that they had communicated with the guest (my mother) and taken care of the issue...they did nothing of the sort. When I followed up with HH they basically said that there's not much else they can do other than to review 'non-performing' franchises at the end of the year.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:01 pm

Had a great stay here over the Christmas market period. One of my favourite Hilton's in Europe for sure - https://pointsuncovered.com/hilton/h...d-town-review/
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No idea what the abréviations mean. My SOP is to stay at the Hilton cos it’s cheap and then pop off to the proper 5* for some F&B and some premium non-binary persons who are genuine Premier card holders.

Cheaper and just nicer. The Mandarin Oriental is quite premium in PRG.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
No idea what the abréviations mean. My SOP is to stay at the Hilton cos it’s cheap and then pop off to the proper 5* for some F&B and some premium non-binary persons who are genuine Premier card holders.

Cheaper and just nicer. The Mandarin Oriental is quite premium in PRG.

OTH = Old Town Hilton

HP = Hilton Prague

FWIW I think the rooms @ HP were nicer (at least when I was at The HP yrs ago)as was the giant lounge and its offerings which probably arent as great as they once were,but I simply love the OTHs location. Walk out the door walk 2 mins and Im in the Old Town. So for a pure leisure trip I want the OTH, if its strictly biz I would probably go with The HP, but Ive yet to be on biz to PRG

I think theers a Four Seasons not far from the Charles Bridge or at least there used to be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.