Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by beltway

Regular adult fare is CZK 100 (about $4.20), although the tourist desk at the airport sometimes sells a pair of tickets for a much lower promotional rate.
Just take the ordinary bus (119?) and change to metro line A at Nádraží Veleslavínor or even better change to the tram at same place (will take you almost right to the hotel). Sorry I can't remember exact fare, but much cheaper than this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Just take the ordinary bus (119?) and change to metro line A at Nádraží Veleslavínor or even better change to the tram at same place (will take you almost right to the hotel). Sorry I can't remember exact fare, but much cheaper than this.
It's CZK 40, but if you're going to be using public transport anyway, you can get a 24 hour ticket for CZK 120 or a 72 hour ticket for CZK 330 so it's "free".
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Thread has been dormant for almost a year.
Anymore recent stays ?
dannybhoy likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:07 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Thread has been dormant for almost a year.
Anymore recent stays ?
I've a double booking (points, cash) in September, so consider me +1 to your query.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I've been staying here for years and my last stay was Oct 2022.
The hotel is slightly dated however superbly kept up to high standards
They are very Diamond friendly in a world of declining elite recognition in every property and program
and have always come through with a jr suite at arrival.
The staff is quite friendly and helpful despite all the turnover in team members through the years
Club lounge varies it is small but over the top offering personal service to the point I feel I was being watched over to much
Offerings vary from poor to highly satisfactory.

Breakfast in the restaurant is good with good levels of service but gets very busy during high occupancy.
They do made to order eggs nicely but after a week even with the variety on buffet I start yearning
for something other than a hotel restaurant
I found other meals in the hotel restaurant lunch or dinner to be highly disappointing
However there are some really good restaurants withing walking distance of the hotel
A solid Hilton performance I would happily take in most cities.I prefer it to the big convention Hilton
nearby that years ago was much better
Last time I was there years ago I had seen a marked decline despite it being a nice facility.
Have no idea how they are performing at present

Hotel Concierge was great to explaining how first class on a train isn't as good as business class
and sold me a ticket so I was good to go onto Vienna after check out
Austrian Airlines (never again) had resold my business class seat and never refunded my money
My credit card company made me whole.
Thank you Citibank! A year later Austrian says its still investigating my case!
Yeah right!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 30, 2023 at 9:30 am
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Well we stayed here last October and as HH Diamond, did not receive an upgrade to a jn suite. Hotel has great location. Executive lounge is small, but OK. Do not use the ATM machine in the lobby; it charges huge transaction fee!
dannybhoy and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I stayed here in June (last month) for a week. Perfect location, really couldn't be much better, and the staff were amazing, especially in the lounge. We were upgraded to a suite as a Diamond, one of the nicest rooms in the entire hotel. We had breakfast in the restaurant twice and in the lounge the rest of the time. I honestly preferred the lounge. Much quieter as the restaurant can get very busy, and the selection, other than the cooked-to-order eggs, was exactly the same. Evening hor d'oeuvres were also very good and changed daily with a decent selection of wine, beer and booze. As another poster said, the lounge staff were over-the-top nice and so helpful. They really couldn't have been nicer and it was a pleasure going to the lounge every day. There is a tram stop and metro station right around the corner but the location is so central, you can walk to almost everything. The bus from the airport drops you at the main train station which is a short, easy walk to the Hilton. I would 100% stay here again. While slightly dated, the location and the service more than make up for it.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:11 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Well we stayed here last October and as HH Diamond, did not receive an upgrade to a jn suite. Hotel has great location. Executive lounge is small, but OK. Do not use the ATM machine in the lobby; it charges huge transaction fee!
No doubt they can't deliver suites 100% of the time and of course Hilton doesn't even demand they do based on availability
Agree lounge is small and when it gets crowded I leave.
The fact that they offer both lounge and restaurant with no penny pinching and everything is unlimited generosity
is impressive
Unlike North America where we get typically only12 or 15 dollars credits they are heroes.
The property is reasonably priced at a few hundred a night on average?
YMMV
Thanks for the avoid tip on the ATM
dannybhoy and Abidjan like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:35 pm

I'm not expecting upgrades during my stay in September, at best one of those on paper upgrades to Executive. As luck would have it, my stay apparently coincides with some regional hotel convention (involving regional heads of HH, MB, Accor, etc.) at the Marriott across the street, so rates during my stay are the highest in the month. I scored some decent cash rates earlier, but they're not even close to the month's lowest rates, so I'm prolly gonna go with the redemption option, especially since I need to free up cash for other legs of the trip.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Appreciate the ATM tip!
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
ATM tip for Prague and broader Europe in general - avoid ATMs in touristy places from networks like Euronet or simply "ATM" brand, they are tourist traps bordering on scam.

ATMs from reputable banks are generally available and will give you better conditions. For Prague in particular, there should be an ATM of Ceska Sporitelna (largest local bank) at every metro station.
restlessinRNO and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
ATM tip for Prague and broader Europe in general - avoid ATMs in touristy places from networks like Euronet or simply "ATM" brand, they are tourist traps bordering on scam.

ATMs from reputable banks are generally available and will give you better conditions. For Prague in particular, there should be an ATM of Ceska Sporitelna (largest local bank) at every metro station.
Unfortunately, Česká spořitelna now also charges fee. I believe the last remaining banks with free ATMs are Reiffeisen and Komerční banka.
est-gratuite, hugolover and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:21 am

But it is still a reasonable fee unlike the non-bank ones, right?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
But it is still a reasonable fee unlike the non-bank ones, right?
Actually I think it's more or less the same, around 200 CZK if you decline DCC (0 if you accept it, but they you lose money on that), but I could be wrong. It's been around a year since the last time I've had to use Euronet.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:25 am

That's a massive disappointment then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.