Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
You actually rent the snorkel equipment (for free) on your first day - or asap - and return it before you depart.
That's great that you get to keep it for the entire stay. I can't wait!

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
See my post on water depth. It's linked in my sig. Ask for a WV on the sunset side for snorkelling. ^

Got it. I will request villa 315-330 then.
Originally Posted by Braswch
I did the same with similar age kids. Ended upgrading to SWV, which I'm glad I did.
I would definitely be interested in upgrading to Superior WV myself. Did you wait for the hotel to offer you paid upgrade opportunities, or did you initiate the contact?
Old May 28, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by evergrn

Btw I’d be very scared of a shark too, if I ever saw one. Even the mini ones have sharp teeth no?
No need to be scared, they are more afraid of you, than you are of them. The bigger sharks only come out at night (see Fotos attached). Last time we saw up to 6 black-tip reef sharks circelling in front of our Watervilla (No. 321). I jumped into the water to make some underwater shots with my Gopro.

The sharks are attracted by smaller fish and the smaller fish are attracted by the light under your villa.

Old May 28, 2019, 9:54 am

I would definitely be interested in upgrading to Superior WV myself. Did you wait for the hotel to offer you paid upgrade opportunities, or did you initiate the contact?
Some folks get offered upgrades immediately after booking, some not. Doesn't matter really. Just email the reservations department and ask for a quote (and check the wiki for upgrade prices so you know what to expect).
Old May 28, 2019, 11:56 am

Wiki says that all snorkelling equipment can be rented free of charge at the Dive Centre for the duration of your stay (mask, snorkel, fins, bag).

Are life vests provided?
Old May 28, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, at the watersports centre, but they want you to return them every evening.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
Wiki says that all snorkelling equipment can be rented free of charge at the Dive Centre for the duration of your stay (mask, snorkel, fins, bag).

Are life vests provided?
Next sentence in the wiki, LOL.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:27 pm

Next sentence in the wiki, LOL.
Ahahaha. Oops. Hey at least I read *some* of the wiki before asking my question!
Old May 28, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Ahahaha. Oops. Hey at least I read *some* of the wiki before asking my question!
Hey, I’m here since 2009 and even I forgot to read the wiki the other day (hides from Maldives Freak)
Old May 28, 2019, 3:24 pm

Does anyone know what DBV this is?

As you can see it's next to what looks like a workshop or storage facility, probably something used by the engineering department. I'm guessing it's in the (upper) 230s as I recall there are one or two other buildings set into the row where the DBVs are. Thing is, this picture was taken this year and you'd expect them to have planted something there to hide that wall from view.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:21 pm

Some folks get offered upgrades immediately after booking, some not. Doesn't matter really. Just email the reservations department and ask for a quote (and check the wiki for upgrade prices so you know what to expect).
Okay, I will contact them. Thanks again!
Old May 28, 2019, 11:52 pm

Here's one stretch of beach that you and the kids are welcome to play on

It's between Vilu and TQZ.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:48 am

Superior Water Villa vs Water Villa

Sorry... now that I've got the WV vs BV dilemma sorted out, I'm now faced with SWV vs WV. The upgrade offer I've been given is pretty fair... ~$65 per night to go from WV to SWV.
As I learned upthread, it seems like it's important to have sunset-facing villa in order to have the ability to go wade/snorkel right outside your OWV.
I see the following as benefits of each room type. I'd appreciate some feedback that might help me make a decision.

SUPERIOR WV BENEFITS:
- Guaranteed to be on sunset side (very important)
- Closer to the main island than standard WV (important, as I expect us to make 2-3 roundtrips each day)
- Jacuzzi on the deck (not sure how important this is, as I'm not sure Maldives' weather is even jacuzzi-conducive)

STANDARD WV BENEFITS:
- Glass desk/floor (potentially important but not totally sure... this seems like an awesome feature to be able to see occasional fish, but maybe this is just gimmicky?)
- Larger than SWV (slightly important)
- View apparently less obstructed than from SWV due to more open deck (important)
Old May 29, 2019, 8:49 am

Sorry... now that I've got the WV vs BV dilemma sorted out, I'm now faced with SWV vs WV. The upgrade offer I've been given is pretty fair... ~$65 per night to go from WV to SWV.
As I learned upthread, it seems like it's important to have sunset-facing villa in order to have the ability to go wade/snorkel right outside your OWV.
I see the following as benefits of each room type. I'd appreciate some feedback that might help me make a decision.

SUPERIOR WV BENEFITS:
- Guaranteed to be on sunset side (very important)
- Closer to the main island than standard WV (important, as I expect us to make 2-3 roundtrips each day)
- Jacuzzi on the deck (not sure how important this is, as I'm not sure Maldives' weather is even jacuzzi-conducive)

STANDARD WV BENEFITS:
- Glass desk/floor (potentially important but not totally sure... this seems like an awesome feature to be able to see occasional fish, but maybe this is just gimmicky?)
- Larger than SWV (slightly important)
- View apparently less obstructed than from SWV due to more open deck (important)
It's almost unanimously agreed here that paying the small upgrade cost to the SWV is well worth it.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:05 am

It's almost unanimously agreed here that paying the small upgrade cost to the SWV is well worth it.
Thanks.
With SWV, you’re missing out on the see-thru glass desk & floor. Is that a really cool feature or sort of overrated?
Old May 29, 2019, 9:52 am

Is there a beach bar? Or a pool bar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.