FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old May 29, 2019, 1:48 am
evergrn

Superior Water Villa vs Water Villa

Sorry... now that I've got the WV vs BV dilemma sorted out, I'm now faced with SWV vs WV. The upgrade offer I've been given is pretty fair... ~$65 per night to go from WV to SWV.
As I learned upthread, it seems like it's important to have sunset-facing villa in order to have the ability to go wade/snorkel right outside your OWV.
I see the following as benefits of each room type. I'd appreciate some feedback that might help me make a decision.

SUPERIOR WV BENEFITS:
- Guaranteed to be on sunset side (very important)
- Closer to the main island than standard WV (important, as I expect us to make 2-3 roundtrips each day)
- Jacuzzi on the deck (not sure how important this is, as I'm not sure Maldives' weather is even jacuzzi-conducive)

STANDARD WV BENEFITS:
- Glass desk/floor (potentially important but not totally sure... this seems like an awesome feature to be able to see occasional fish, but maybe this is just gimmicky?)
- Larger than SWV (slightly important)
- View apparently less obstructed than from SWV due to more open deck (important)