Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Stayed in the resort from 4-9 April. Three of the five wings closed, main pool closed. Suites guests can use the Suites pool (open to children) or the Spa pool (adults only). Non-suites guests can only use the Spa pool. Two restaurants open - RIN for Suites guests and Spice for everyone else. The two wings that are open (one is the Suites wing) are separate from the renovations, so that causes no bother. It does mean that half the guests are in Suites so it doesn't feel terribly exclusive if that's your thing.
Naboo79 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Is there a new GM, the recent comments on Tipadvisor are signed by Markus Kosch GM?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Is there a new GM, the recent comments on Tipadvisor are signed by Markus Kosch GM?
Yes it seems that way.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr H
Stayed in the resort from 4-9 April. Three of the five wings closed, main pool closed. Suites guests can use the Suites pool (open to children) or the Spa pool (adults only). Non-suites guests can only use the Spa pool. Two restaurants open - RIN for Suites guests and Spice for everyone else. The two wings that are open (one is the Suites wing) are separate from the renovations, so that causes no bother. It does mean that half the guests are in Suites so it doesn't feel terribly exclusive if that's your thing.
Can you confirm that this is the Conrad you are talking about? We are currently at the Hilton Bali and its awful with the construction so was going to check out and check into the Conrad. If the Conrad is also under construction I'll go to the Grand Hyatt, although I'm a diamond so would rather stay within the Hilton family.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Can you confirm that this is the Conrad you are talking about? We are currently at the Hilton Bali and its awful with the construction so was going to check out and check into the Conrad. If the Conrad is also under construction I'll go to the Grand Hyatt, although I'm a diamond so would rather stay within the Hilton family.
Yes it is
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:50 am

I just stayed at the Conrad Bali for three nights. I got an upgrade from a Deluxe King Ocean Front to a huge suite facing the garden (Honors Gold).

It’s a nice hotel but, indeed, half of it is currently closed for renovation. Only two restaurants open and one pool + the suites pool if you are staying in a suite. The spa pool is really nice though.

The renovations are well hidden actually and I didn’t hear much noise during my stay. That being said, the resort felt very empty and uneventful, so I wouldn’t recommend a stay while the renovations are ongoing, but I think it will be great afterwards.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I also just came back from the stay at this property. No problems whatsoever with renovation. The only time I actually saw anything being done to it, is while trying breakfast one day at Spice restaurant.
I was also upgraded from king ocean front to the suite, but for $120 more per night I've upgraded our stay to the suites with plunge pool. Loved it!
Spent time at the both pools and the beach. Love the adults only pool in the spa.
As this was my first time at Conrad property I didn't know what to expect in lounge for the evening cocktails. For my taste it was too "waspy". That's why we spent there only one evening. You are in the resort for god sake, not in downtown Hong Kong. They make you your drinks from the menu, and they bring mystery appetizers. No finger food that you can collect yourself and munch on. I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just saying that I'm used to Hilton or M Club lounges where you can mingle with the people and select your own snacks from the food spread out around the lounge.
The only negative thing that I can say about my stay, is the speed of breakfast at RIN restaurant. It's not a buffet type, its cook to order menu. They open at 7am, we were in the restaurant at 7:05am (only 2 or 3 other tables eating) and finally got our 'not so special' omelette at 7:45am. I wouldn't care about the speed as much, but we had our Bali tour scheduled for 8am. Next time we ate at Spice restaurant where the food was buffet style + a la carte, and was actually much better comparing to RIN.
Dinner at RIN was great. We had seafood shabu shabu and some Japanese appetizers.

We've absolutely loved our stay at this hotel. We will be back If you are thinking about staying in this Conrad but worry about construction, you shouldn't. They do very good job to keep everything clean and quiet for their guests.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Any word when the renovations will be completed?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Any word when the renovations will be completed?
I've actually spoke to new GM Markus (very nice man btw) about it. He said that it will be couple more months before everything will be ready.
I can't even imagine how this hotel is after the renovation, if during the renovation we had great time there
Old May 2, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I also just came back from the stay at this property. No problems whatsoever with renovation. The only time I actually saw anything being done to it, is while trying breakfast one day at Spice restaurant.
I was also upgraded from king ocean front to the suite, but for $120 more per night I've upgraded our stay to the suites with plunge pool. Loved it!
Spent time at the both pools and the beach. Love the adults only pool in the spa.
As this was my first time at Conrad property I didn't know what to expect in lounge for the evening cocktails. For my taste it was too "waspy". That's why we spent there only one evening. You are in the resort for god sake, not in downtown Hong Kong. They make you your drinks from the menu, and they bring mystery appetizers. No finger food that you can collect yourself and munch on. I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just saying that I'm used to Hilton or M Club lounges where you can mingle with the people and select your own snacks from the food spread out around the lounge.
The only negative thing that I can say about my stay, is the speed of breakfast at RIN restaurant. It's not a buffet type, its cook to order menu. They open at 7am, we were in the restaurant at 7:05am (only 2 or 3 other tables eating) and finally got our 'not so special' omelette at 7:45am. I wouldn't care about the speed as much, but we had our Bali tour scheduled for 8am. Next time we ate at Spice restaurant where the food was buffet style + a la carte, and was actually much better comparing to RIN.
Dinner at RIN was great. We had seafood shabu shabu and some Japanese appetizers.

We've absolutely loved our stay at this hotel. We will be back If you are thinking about staying in this Conrad but worry about construction, you shouldn't. They do very good job to keep everything clean and quiet for their guests.
Quite agree about the lounge situation, although it does not bother me at all, I very much like the lounge atmosphere here, no buffet madness. Also can totally agree about speed in RIN, if you're in a rush it would be a pain, but otherwise it's a relaxing pace. Depends on your situation.

I very curious what you mean by "waspy" - I have thought long and hard but no conclusion!
Old May 2, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by sbams
Quite agree about the lounge situation, although it does not bother me at all, I very much like the lounge atmosphere here, no buffet madness. Also can totally agree about speed in RIN, if you're in a rush it would be a pain, but otherwise it's a relaxing pace. Depends on your situation.

I very curious what you mean by "waspy" - I have thought long and hard but no conclusion!
WASPy - White Anglo Saxon Protestant
Old May 2, 2018, 3:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sbams
What I meant by that is that the atmosphere in the lounge was like in the old British movies. Everybody is whispering with a cup of tea. It was up tight, more like a funeral than cocktail party. Complete opposite from atmosphere at Hilton Millennium lounge or Marriott's M Club (both in BKK) which I've experienced before and after my visit to Conrad Bali.
It's just me. Everybody likes different things
Old May 2, 2018, 4:08 pm

Must be just when you visited. Normally people are chatting among themselves with a few cocktails. No tea in sight and no whispers.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by bwiadca
What I meant by that is that the atmosphere in the lounge was like in the old British movies. Everybody is whispering with a cup of tea. It was up tight, more like a funeral than cocktail party. Complete opposite from atmosphere at Hilton Millennium lounge or Marriott's M Club (both in BKK) which I've experienced before and after my visit to Conrad Bali.
It's just me. Everybody likes different things
I understand what you mean and we had a similar feeling when we were there.
We usually had a drink or 2 there in the evening and then moved to the lobby bar terrace for a few more drinks and a more lively atmosphere (and nicer views). Cocktail hour could also be taken there during our stay.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:23 pm

So Whats the consensus for Bali, Any of the 2 Hiltons? Or other properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.