FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2018, 1:28 pm
sbams

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I also just came back from the stay at this property. No problems whatsoever with renovation. The only time I actually saw anything being done to it, is while trying breakfast one day at Spice restaurant.
I was also upgraded from king ocean front to the suite, but for $120 more per night I've upgraded our stay to the suites with plunge pool. Loved it!
Spent time at the both pools and the beach. Love the adults only pool in the spa.
As this was my first time at Conrad property I didn't know what to expect in lounge for the evening cocktails. For my taste it was too "waspy". That's why we spent there only one evening. You are in the resort for god sake, not in downtown Hong Kong. They make you your drinks from the menu, and they bring mystery appetizers. No finger food that you can collect yourself and munch on. I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just saying that I'm used to Hilton or M Club lounges where you can mingle with the people and select your own snacks from the food spread out around the lounge.
The only negative thing that I can say about my stay, is the speed of breakfast at RIN restaurant. It's not a buffet type, its cook to order menu. They open at 7am, we were in the restaurant at 7:05am (only 2 or 3 other tables eating) and finally got our 'not so special' omelette at 7:45am. I wouldn't care about the speed as much, but we had our Bali tour scheduled for 8am. Next time we ate at Spice restaurant where the food was buffet style + a la carte, and was actually much better comparing to RIN.
Dinner at RIN was great. We had seafood shabu shabu and some Japanese appetizers.

We've absolutely loved our stay at this hotel. We will be back If you are thinking about staying in this Conrad but worry about construction, you shouldn't. They do very good job to keep everything clean and quiet for their guests.
Quite agree about the lounge situation, although it does not bother me at all, I very much like the lounge atmosphere here, no buffet madness. Also can totally agree about speed in RIN, if you're in a rush it would be a pain, but otherwise it's a relaxing pace. Depends on your situation.

I very curious what you mean by "waspy" - I have thought long and hard but no conclusion!