Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2003, 7:40 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Ozstamps - I lose the bet. I noticed yesterday that the Amsterdam Hilton has pointstretcher dates for an entire month, from July 15 - August 15.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:57 am

It might be me, but I can't seem to find availability at the Hilton Amsterdam at all, paid or award, during a Nov. 28-30 trip I have planned there. Checking several websites, it seems like the AMS hotel prices are extremely high for that time of year; I've been told to book early, but there really doesn't appear to be any incentive to at this point. Anyone else noticing this?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 8:11 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Had a recent stay at this Hilton. I usually like to stay in the city more, but had an early flight out the next morning and wanted to maximize my sleeping time, so I stayed here.

I was on a pre-paid reservation for 108 Euros. Upon checkin was greeted as a returning customer (a gesture I always like) and that I had been upgraded to an Executive Floor room. I don’t think the exec floor rooms are any bigger than the regular though, but I’m not positive. I of course would have access to the lounge as well, but due to it being Saturday, there would not be an attendant nor the regular hot food offerings.

The hot food offerings in the past have been quite good so I was a little disappointed by that news. But there was plenty of meat,cheese, fruit selections as well as beers, pops, water. Every once in awhile hot appetizers would appear throughout the day, so there was some attendant on duty.

The covered walkway (that goes to the Sheraton & parking garages) has now been extended almost to the Hilton, say perhaps 50 yards short. There is also an elevator that will lower you and your cart to street level at the end of the walkway, but that was still under construction, but looked like it will be open any day, so you will be able to cart your bags all the way to the Hilton at some point.

The train from Schiphol to Centraal Station if doing a same day round trip is 5.50 E. It is quick (15 minute trip) and easy to do. During most hours, trains leave every 15 minutes. I of course went into the city center and walked, walked and walked. The temp was 82F which was strange for me as I’ve only been during the shoulder seasons and normally it is much colder than that.

Bed is not the most luxurious thing, but I sure had no problem sleeping. Woke up the next morning and did my easy walk to the terminal.

Old Oct 5, 2003, 12:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Had a recent stay at this Hilton. I usually like to stay in the city more, but had an early flight out the next morning and wanted to maximize my sleeping time, so I stayed here.

I was on a pre-paid reservation for 108 Euros. Upon checkin was greeted as a returning customer (a gesture I always like) and that I had been upgraded to an Executive Floor room. I don’t think the exec floor rooms are any bigger than the regular though, but I’m not positive. I of course would have access to the lounge as well, but due to it being Saturday, there would not be an attendant nor the regular hot food offerings.

The hot food offerings in the past have been quite good so I was a little disappointed by that news. But there was plenty of meat,cheese, fruit selections as well as beers, pops, water. Every once in awhile hot appetizers would appear throughout the day, so there was some attendant on duty.

The covered walkway (that goes to the Sheraton & parking garages) has now been extended almost to the Hilton, say perhaps 50 yards short. There is also an elevator that will lower you and your cart to street level at the end of the walkway, but that was still under construction, but looked like it will be open any day, so you will be able to cart your bags all the way to the Hilton at some point.

The train from Schiphol to Centraal Station if doing a same day round trip is 5.50 E. It is quick (15 minute trip) and easy to do. During most hours, trains leave every 15 minutes. I of course went into the city center and walked, walked and walked. The temp was 82F which was strange for me as I’ve only been during the shoulder seasons and normally it is much colder than that.

Bed is not the most luxurious thing, but I sure had no problem sleeping. Woke up the next morning and did my easy walk to the terminal.

</font>
Thanks for the report. It has been quite helpful to me.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:33 am

Update please

Can anyone provide more recent info re: LAN or wireless high speed access?

Thanks
Andre
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:31 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Andre
Can anyone provide more recent info re: LAN or wireless high speed access?

Thanks
Andre
Why not call 'em up and ask for yourself?

Phone number: 31-(0)20-710 4000

BTW, the hotel webpage claims:

"Guest Rooms Amenities may vary by room type

For your Comfort:

Accessible
Air Conditioning
Connecting Rooms
Hand Held Shower
Non-Smoking
Thermostat (adjustable)
TV-Cable
TV-Pay per view
TV-Premium HBO,CNN,ESPN
TV-Standard Network
Work Desk with Lamp

For your Convenience:

24 Hour Housekeeping
Bathroom Amenities
Coffee Maker
Hairdryer
Internet access in guest room
Mini Bar
Modem
Telephone - Auto Wakeup
Telephone - in Bath
Telephone - Two Phones
Telephone - Voice Mail
Trouser Press
Video Messaging

For your Confidence:

180* Door Viewer
Automatic Door Closer
Electronic Locks
Electronic Smoke Detector
Secondary Locking Device
Thumb Dead Bolt"

Last edited by roberto99; Apr 18, 2005 at 3:34 pm
Old Apr 18, 2005, 4:10 pm

I stayed there last month and they had wireless in my room. It was 20 euro's if I remember right for 24 hours. As I was only there one night I didn't use it and waited till I got to LHR next day and used the Internet in Admirals Club.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 5:57 am

Thanks for the info, Arnold!

Good to hear that they have wireless, even if it's at an exorbitant price... will take my notebook along though.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:57 pm

Just stayed there this weekend. Wireless is available in the public areas; wired in the rooms. It is indeed hugely expensive.

Better to spend your time in the exec lounge. ^
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:16 pm

My experience

Just back - indeed wireless in the public areas and wired in the room. Charge is EUR 7.50 per hour or EUR 20 for 24 hours. Had some trouble getting on line, but they sent someone up to help within a few minutes and he told me what LAN settings to adjust (there were no instructions provided in the room).

Expensive, but not that bad considering that inside Schiphol airport itself they charge EUR 6 for 30 minutes on an internet PC and only sell wireless at EUR 10 for 24 hours!

All in all, an OK stay at this hotel - small rooms but comfortable beds and decent food. Unfortunately, I have no status with Hilton so no lounge for me...
Old Aug 12, 2005, 6:37 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
AMS Airport Hilton - trip report

I was there for a business trip for a couple of days this week, coincidentally with a long standing booking to go there this weekend with the Mrs (that has now been cancelled thanks to the militants at BA !!! )

I have now stayed at both Hiltons in Amsterdam, the one being closer to the city centre being the better hotel, however it's not close enough to make it a no brainer as it's easy and cheap to get in to the city centre from Schiphol airport.

The airport hotel is, well, it's OK. The rooms, even exec floor rooms, are small (as in the other hotel). The club room is deserted (the other one's very good). No seperate check-in for exec-floor. Gym is small. Breakfast though is in the main restaurant and of course complimentary for a Diamond (this in contrast to the "city-centre" Hilton where breakfast is served in the club room).

When I reschedule the trip back to Amsterdam with the Mrs, I'll go for the airport hotel, purely based on it's better transport links.

One other thing worth commenting on is the Internet connectivity at the hotel ... Eu20 per day, or Eu7.50 per hour. WLAN is available in the club room and public areas, although through a service provider that I've never heard of. And I couldn't use my BT Openzone account.
Next door though, at the Sheraton, they have a T-Mobile hotspot so I could log on there and use my BT Openzone account, while eating in their bar/cafe.
And then chat with the Mrs using IM and even check out her new hair stype using our web-cam.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 3:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Travel The World

The airport hotel is, well, it's OK. The rooms, even exec floor rooms, are small (as in the other hotel). The club room is deserted (the other one's very good). No seperate check-in for exec-floor. Gym is small. Breakfast though is in the main restaurant and of course complimentary for a Diamond (this in contrast to the "city-centre" Hilton where breakfast is served in the club room).

One other thing worth commenting on is the Internet connectivity at the hotel ... Eu20 per day, or Eu7.50 per hour. WLAN is available in the club room and public areas, although through a service provider that I've never heard of. And I couldn't use my BT Openzone account.
Next door though, at the Sheraton, they have a T-Mobile hotspot so I could log on there and use my BT Openzone account, while eating in their bar/cafe.
And then chat with the Mrs using IM and even check out her new hair stype using our web-cam.
It might be that breakfast is downstairs on weekends or low demand periods, however normally they serve BF in the club lounge, if you stay on the Exec. Floor.

Same with the level of occupancy, on my last stay on a monday in may the club was overcrowded, while a couple of months earlier on a weekend it was indeed deserted.

Generally a nice alternative to the City Hilton and definitely less expensive....

Both the club lounge and some rooms have decent views of the "Zwanenburgbaan" and the G pier serving mostly the US airlines that do not codeshare with KLM.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a Diamond, they have always told me I could eat at either (or both) places. IMHO the downstairs restaurant is far superior.

MisterNice
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:19 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by Travel The World
I was there for a business trip for a couple of days this week, coincidentally with a long standing booking to go there this weekend with the Mrs (that has now been cancelled thanks to the militants at BA !!! )

When I reschedule the trip back to Amsterdam with the Mrs, I'll go for the airport hotel, purely based on it's better transport links.
Finally got to go to Amsterdam with Mrs Travel The World; and as I said I would stayed at the Airport Hilton rather than the "downtown" hotel. Takes about 20 minutes on the train (if you get a non-stop one) and costs Eu6 return.

This was the first time that I'd been to Amsterdam as a tourist and I was very pleasantly surprised ... what a nice place

Amsterdam is probably the most multi-cultural place I've been to, even more so than London, and the choice of restaurants backs this up ... we ate Argentinian and Chinese as well as waffles (Belgium) and chips with mayonaise (Dutch ?) You have to pick and choose your cafes as some stink of pot, and there's no Starbucks !!

Anne Frank house worth a visit, do a trip on the canals, walk the streets and in the evening visit the red light district

"What's that dear? No those ladies aren't modelling underwear ..."
Old Aug 30, 2005, 5:07 am

Programs: Former Delta MM/PM, NW PM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5Star, Leaders Club, Starwood Gold
How does one get from AMS to the hotel?

We are flying to Amsterdam tomorrow from Dublin, and are staying at the Airport Hilton. Is there a shuttle bus from the terminal to the hotel? How do we get there? Thanks for your input...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.